officially joined the dark side

lRageATMl

GO TERPS!
Established Member
sorry for the late responses, I didn't get any subscription emails from svtp...

VERY nice. DO WANT. So...when do I get to go for a ride in that thing? Have you shown it to Ian yet?

EDIT: Did I just read you said you were going to leave it stock? LOL. Sure. I can't even tell you how many times I've said that. Where do we place bets on how long that lasts?

No one has seen it yet... when the weather gets nicer I'll come down your way so you can check it out. And yes... no performance mods!

Lower that bad boy quick. Sick looking car, the blue looks great.

As for the seats, just replace them. Vette seats suck anyway. Get a set of fixed Sparco Evos or Roadsters and call it a day. Don't need to recline in a coupe anyways.

I plan on lowering it as far as it can go on the factory bolts. As far as the seats go, I'll give the stock ones a chance and re-evaluate at the end of summer. I'd rather save money for some new wheels instead

Very nice. I will probably wait another 2 years before I start looking for one. It is either going to be a Z06 (C6 of course) or a Lotus. Work is starting to pick up, so maybe a little sooner.

As far as leaving it stock......hahahahahahahaha.

You have to at least do some minor stuff like a tune. There is a guy my way that works out of his house who specializes in Vettes. I have seen him do custom body work, gullwing style doors, and air ride suspensions. If you are interested shoot me a PM.

Nah, gonna leave it stock. I've been down the modded road before multiple times... with my 99 cobra, 03 cobra and my 08 hayabusa. It always turns out the same... I go so far with it, I don't even enjoy the vehicle anymore. This time around I'm going to leave the car be and just enjoy it.

Very nice speedo, Prasad. Now...more pics!

Last time I was at your place, there was nothing in your driveway but construction stuff. :poke:

car is filthy after the drive home. When it gets nicer out, I will give her a real wash and wax then take some pics

You got the best color! :-D I only have one mod suggestion for you, and that's if it still has the factory Crapyears on it, throw 'em in the garbage. You will be amazed how much better it rides and drives ditching the runflats.

Welcome to the dark side!

Still has the stock good years. I would say there is ~40% tread left... Once these tires go, I will most likely use the opportunity to get some new wheels. Not sure exactly what wheels yet, but it will be a 19/20 combo w/ some nitto invo's. I really like the forged 360 mesh 8's, but they are retardly expensive. I'm keeping tabs on these. Basically a cast version of the mesh 8's for a reasonable price.

nice ride Prasad, too bad you went to the dark side. so i guess i'll see you at the track

doubtful for racing, but likely to watch. I really miss just going to the track and hanging out with friends instead of worrying about my car/bike... lol

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
sorry for the late responses, I didn't get any subscription emails from svtp...

No one has seen it yet... when the weather gets nicer I'll come down your way so you can check it out. And yes... no performance mods!

We'll see about that. I bet it will eventually be to quiet for you. You just need to learn when to stop...lol.

When you are ready to really wax her, bring it down, I have a PC. Make sure you have some time though, to do it right takes hours.

lRageATMl

GO TERPS!
Established Member
We'll see about that. I bet it will eventually be to quiet for you. You just need to learn when to stop...lol.

When you are ready to really wax her, bring it down, I have a PC. Make sure you have some time though, to do it right takes hours.

i actually like the current exhaust. It has a solenoid that opens when you go WOT and it gets a bit louder. They even make switches to open/close the solenoid at any time (or you can just pull the fuse).

for wax, i bought a couple things off Autogeek... most importantly this

I don't have a PC, but I do have a Makita Die Grinder which can accept many of the foam pads on the market. For the first time, I think I will just do it by hand and if there are any imperfections I'll break out the big guns.

Last edited:

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
i actually like the current exhaust. It has a solenoid that opens when you go WOT and it gets a bit louder. They even make switches to open/close the solenoid at any time (or you can just pull the fuse).

for wax, i bought a couple things off Autogeek... most importantly this

I don't have a PC, but I do have a Makita Die Grinder which can accept many of the foam pads on the market. For the first time, I think I will just do it by hand and if there are any imperfections I'll break out the big guns.

Nice. You should be happy with that. So, is this the car that's going to obx this year? (assuming everyone responds anyway). Because if so, I think we all get to take turns using it for beer runs...:dancenana:

lRageATMl

GO TERPS!
Established Member
Nice. You should be happy with that. So, is this the car that's going to obx this year? (assuming everyone responds anyway). Because if so, I think we all get to take turns using it for beer runs...:dancenana:

a little birdie told me Ian may have a truck by then ... so we'll see. If he doesn't get a truck by then, I will drive the vette

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
a little birdie told me Ian may have a truck by then ... so we'll see. If he doesn't get a truck by then, I will drive the vette

For some reason I just cannot picture Ian in a truck. What happened to the BMW? He decide he doesn't like it anymore? This is all way off topic, but I need to send out another email before we loose the house. Only like 3 people have given an ok to the price, even though we have just about everyone going again.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing this vette. I love the new z06's, but that's just an expense I cannot justify at the moment.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I meant to say, you must have had some fun on the way home. When I drove my Cobra back from Orlando, I know we hit 140 a few times when we finally got away from traffic.

SVTORANGE

Established Member
I'll be in contact with you soon about tint... Hope you can work your magic on the z06, I've heard the hatchback can be challenging.

It will take a while BUT I can knock it out for ya. What shade are you thinking 15%, 20% or just LIMO:banana:

lRageATMl

GO TERPS!
Established Member
It will take a while BUT I can knock it out for ya. What shade are you thinking 15%, 20% or just LIMO:banana:

I live in VA, the are pretty strict when it comes to anything driving related.

I know some may cringe at this, but I want to just get 35% all the way around.

lRageATMl

GO TERPS!
Established Member
:uh oh:
I meant to say, you must have had some fun on the way home. When I drove my Cobra back from Orlando, I know we hit 140 a few times when we finally got away from traffic.

I took it easy... These days I'm too paranoid about getting pulled over, esp since I have a VA license, everything and their mother transfers over... I miss the good old days of MD, where I could get away with so much...

In any case, I think I hit 100-110 a couple times to get around people... Nothing special

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
noooooooooooo

Just kidding I can hook you up.

I remember this response when I wanted 35% on my integra lol. Remember, the black interior makes it look darker and you're still legal. I actually like the lighter tint on my Cobra now, I think it's 50%.

Users who are viewing this thread