officially joined the dark side

lRageATMl

GO TERPS!
Established Member
2007 LMB Z06 2LZ NAV, chrome wheels, etc... w/ ~6400 miles on it.

Bought it from a dealer in Tampa, FL... flew out Sunday early morning and drove home to Northern, VA. Took about 13.5 hours total to drive back including a few stops for food and gas. I hit absolutely NO traffic, averaged 81.4mph according to the trip meter, and got 24.8mpg

Don't have many pictures of it... just one of the dash before I started my drive home: http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/5813/photo5yh.jpg

Here is the eBay ad for it: eBay

I paid 49,500 for it... not the best price, but not the worst either. But the fact is i was looking for a very particular car so I'm fine paying a little premium.

My only qualm, the drivers seat is a little more worn then I would like. Besides that, the paint is perfect, the rest of the interior is perfect, no rattles or anything... one owner Florida car, so it never saw snow, doubtful it saw much rain.

Just in case, I bought an extended warranty for it, GMPP Plan - 48 months/40k miles - $0 deductable for $1,075 bucks... totally worth it IMHO since I don't plan on modding it, minus lowering it as low as possible on the factory bolts. Considering a D style steering wheel as well...

more pictures to come soon...

Last edited:

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
VERY nice. DO WANT. So...when do I get to go for a ride in that thing? Have you shown it to Ian yet?

EDIT: Did I just read you said you were going to leave it stock? LOL. Sure. I can't even tell you how many times I've said that. Where do we place bets on how long that lasts?

Last edited:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Lower that bad boy quick. Sick looking car, the blue looks great.

As for the seats, just replace them. Vette seats suck anyway. Get a set of fixed Sparco Evos or Roadsters and call it a day. Don't need to recline in a coupe anyways.

wheelhopper

Established Member
Very nice. I will probably wait another 2 years before I start looking for one. It is either going to be a Z06 (C6 of course) or a Lotus. Work is starting to pick up, so maybe a little sooner.

As far as leaving it stock......hahahahahahahaha.

You have to at least do some minor stuff like a tune. There is a guy my way that works out of his house who specializes in Vettes. I have seen him do custom body work, gullwing style doors, and air ride suspensions. If you are interested shoot me a PM.

TDoh

Torquey Pig
Established Member
Well, the Cobra is actually "the dark side" for me, being a Chevy man my whole life, but Corvette's are just a little beyond my budget.

So yeah, I'm jealous!

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Well, the Cobra is actually "the dark side" for me, being a Chevy man my whole life, but Corvette's are just a little beyond my budget.

So yeah, I'm jealous!

Chevy man eh? Then how do you explain the Dodge?

TDoh

Torquey Pig
Established Member
I know, right? It's the first time in more than 20 years that there's not a Chevy in my driveway.

Apparently as I've grown up, loyalties have given way to practicality!

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Very nice speedo, Prasad. Now...more pics!

I know, right? It's the first time in more than 20 years that there's not a Chevy in my driveway.

Apparently as I've grown up, loyalties have given way to practicality!

Last time I was at your place, there was nothing in your driveway but construction stuff. :poke:

snakecharmer

Established Member
You got the best color! :-D I only have one mod suggestion for you, and that's if it still has the factory Crapyears on it, throw 'em in the garbage. You will be amazed how much better it rides and drives ditching the runflats.

Welcome to the dark side!

flattrack53

Established Member
haha. I was just kidding...I really was looking for an atomic orange but then i came across an 00R and i figured I would keep it FORD! The z06 is an amazing car..other then the seats.

Users who are viewing this thread