Official XBox360 thread

Got5onIt

Mean Green Nation
Established Member
98kobra said:
I wouldn't trust Microsoft to build a table. I am holding out for the PS3. It says alot that Sony didn't rush it out the door to get the X-mas rush. I hope the X-box works great, but I am not confident enought to spend over $400 on it.

As for PGR, I guess I have been spoiled on Grand Tourismo to see what the buzz is about. And anything on HD looks great (which the PS3 will have)

I felt the same as you and was a PlayStation "loyalist" but after doing tons of reading the past few months, I will say that the Xbox360 is the real deal. Don't let brand loyalty slap you in the face. Sony has really dropped the ball this time and IS HURRYING to get their new PS3 out of development and into production. They're having problems producing the core and getting 3rd party developers on board to program for it.
Many developers are jumping ship to Microsoft for cost reasons related to programming.

The Ps3 is slated for a late 2nd qtr release in Japan and late 4th qtr release in the U.S. Microsoft will be in the driver seat by then.
They are pulling the same marketing campaign Sony did 9 years ago when they released the original Playstation months before the big 2(Nintendo & Sega) were to release their new systems. They stole market share right out from under them, ultimately leading to Sega's demise. The Xbox heads were thinking thsi time around.

Oh and I will be getting one whenever I'm able to locate one of the bastards. :coolman:

Last edited:

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Got5onIt said:
I felt the same as you and was a PlayStation "loyalist" but after doing tons of reading the past few months, I will say that the Xbox360 is the real deal. Don't let brand loyalty slap you in the face. Sony has really dropped the ball this time and IS HURRYING to get their new PS3 out of development and into production. They're having problems producing the core and getting 3rd party developers on board to program for it.
Many developers are jumping ship to Microsoft for cost reasons related to programming.

The Ps3 is slated for a late 2nd qtr release in Japan and late 4th qtr release in the U.S. Microsoft will be in the driver seat by then.
They are pulling the same marketing campaign Sony did 9 years ago when they released the original Playstation months before the big 2(Nintendo & Sega) were to release their new systems. They stole market share right out from under them, ultimately leading to Sega's demise. The Xbox heads were thinking thsi time around.

Oh and I will be getting one whenever I'm able to locate one of the bastards. :coolman:

Actually, sega ended up releasing their system first. Which is part of the reason for sega's troubles. They pissed off alot of developers when they released their system months ahead of schedule just so they could beat the playstation to market. Nintendo didn't release the N64 until MUCH later because their original 32bit platform(that was dubbed the playstation, and was a joint project with sony) went arwy and sony redesigned it, kept the name, and took it to market anyway. So they had to start over, and at that point they decided to go 64 bit and avoid the CD format since they had nobody left to help them with the hardware(this mess is also where the phillips CD-i came from).

InfraRed

Skyline
Established Member
Brian97vobra said:
Wow i can't believe you people that waited in line for so long just for an xbox 360!!! I work at BestBuy and as we closed last night, at 11pm, there were about 20 people lined up outside and it was freezing and windy outside and they had to wait till 9am when we opened today. Crazy.... :loser:

haha yeah. my dad and i were at the Sanford best buy at 6pm. number 10 and 11 in line. it was the most miserable night in my entire life. i was wearing pants, undershirt, long sleeve shirt, sweatshirt, free geek squad t-shirt on top of the sweatshirt, heavy coat on top of the sweat shirt, and 2 blankets. STILL FROZE MY ASS OFF. it even rained on us at one point. we had to have had like 35mph wind gusts and the windchill had to be in the 30's. but in the end im happy as hell that i have mine and i got to miss school to stand in line so its all good haha.

Last edited:

bigdog93lx

Gallons per mile
Established Member
From what i've read, and i haven't read a ton on this, I think it all depends on what you like to do on your console. I personally am not a big fan of online console games, i like playing some online computer games (CSS). I think the 2 things the XBOX has over the PS3 is online gaming and the fact that it is coming out almost a year earlier.
Personally i like single player console games, mainly RPG's and sport games(NCAA,Madden,NHL...) And i have always liked the playstations and games they offer, and especially like their controller.
So for now ill stick to my computer with 3.2 GHZ processor and Nvidia 6800, until the PS3 comes out.
Computer>PS3>XBOX 360 for what i will use it for. I am not into playing games over and over again once i beat them im done with it, and i dont care for online console games.
:pop:

stevenscamaross

SVT Pimp
Established Member
I guess a lot of people are reporting them freezing... Knock on wood mine has been running like a dream. People have also been saying that theirs is really loud.. mine is quiet.. I dunno.

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
I was stick with original Nintendo. I don't know what to say about people who wait 10+ hours in line just to get a video game system. You lived your whole life without, what is a few more weeks going to hurt>??? -Mat-

Last edited:

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
I will stick with original Nintendo. I don't know what to say about people who wait 10+ hours in line just to get a video game system. You lived your whole life without, what is a few more weeks going to hurt>??? -Mat-

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
i won't get it till about a year or two after its been out cuz it'll be cheaper than and the really good games will be out by then cuz usually the games that come out with the system are horribly garbage or games that u can get for any other system, like sports games.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
FISHTAIL said:
:lol:
That sucks! I'd be furious!

Ummm.....I posted that like 2 hours ago and it double posted itself again that much later? wtf.

Original nintendo huh? I have a few of those.

Halo3 is gonna be awesome, you can bet I'll be in line for that mamma jamma when it comes out.

NiteMareGT

Master Of Puppets
Established Member
Played a friend of mine's system yesterday. Controllers are much improved, especially the remote/cordless controllers, yet they still aren't as useable and comfortableas the PS2 controllers. Resolution is in real 1080I which is also great. But man, that thing sounds like the halftime buzzer at a basketball game....whizzing and raising hell. I couldn't deal with that. What the hell is that all about. I think I'm waiting on the PS3. I've just always liked the playabilty and design of the PS models.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
NiteMareGT said:
Played a friend of mine's system yesterday. Controllers are much improved, especially the remote/cordless controllers, yet they still aren't as useable and comfortableas the PS2 controllers. Resolution is in real 1080I which is also great. But man, that thing sounds like the halftime buzzer at a basketball game....whizzing and raising hell. I couldn't deal with that. What the hell is that all about. I think I'm waiting on the PS3. I've just always liked the playabilty and design of the PS models.

I haven't heard one yet(they've all been in cases), but if you want to hear a loud CD system, get a dreamcast.....I can hear that damn thing accessing the disk downstairs when I go to get a soda from the fridge.

horseplay

Crazy MMA Junkie
Established Member
I got mine at midnight... the $399 package, I had to wait at wal mart for 10 hours straight. I picked up a game the next day which is project gotham racing 3, I love xbox 360

Users who are viewing this thread