Official XBox360 thread

JAXCOBRA99

Established Member
What sucks is the Games MSoft feels they have to play. They are INTENTIALLY limiting Supply in hopes of creating a Feeding Frenzy. I have 3 friends from work who months ago went to EB and Pre-ordered their Xboxes. Paid for IN FULL!. They got a call about 2 weeks ago from EB telling them that Msoft gave them the shaft and cut their orders in half and that they were OUT!. They could get a refund or just wait a few weeks and hopefully they'd get some in.

The idea is.. Instead of saturating the market where there is an over supply of Xboxes, Msoft is employing a trickly little marketing game that apparently SONY Started with the PS2. I guess if folks feel like the Xbox is hard to come by they'll buy one when they have the chance and not put it off which is great for MSoft.. It basically means that as long as they keep supplying the market in little spurts they'll sell them out each time.

Sucks for my friends though. I plan on waiting....................

FOR THE MOD CHIP!. LOL!

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
JAXCOBRA99 said:
What sucks is the Games MSoft feels they have to play. They are INTENTIALLY limiting Supply in hopes of creating a Feeding Frenzy. I have 3 friends from work who months ago went to EB and Pre-ordered their Xboxes. Paid for IN FULL!. They got a call about 2 weeks ago from EB telling them that Msoft gave them the shaft and cut their orders in half and that they were OUT!. They could get a refund or just wait a few weeks and hopefully they'd get some in.

The idea is.. Instead of saturating the market where there is an over supply of Xboxes, Msoft is employing a trickly little marketing game that apparently SONY Started with the PS2. I guess if folks feel like the Xbox is hard to come by they'll buy one when they have the chance and not put it off which is great for MSoft.. It basically means that as long as they keep supplying the market in little spurts they'll sell them out each time.

Sucks for my friends though. I plan on waiting....................

FOR THE MOD CHIP!. LOL!

Well we ARE getting screwed due to it launching in Europe at the same time as well. That didn't happen with the first XBOX so now initial shipments are being split between 2 countries.

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
Lines have already formed at local Best Buy / Walmarts.

I called and Walmart said "dont bother" we already have more people in line, than we have 360's.

BestBuy had 20 people in line and they get 50 total.

And it doesn't even open until 9am.pst.

Its only 6 right now.

1Day-ACobra

I'm workin on it
Established Member
Well i gotta give it up to my girlfriend, what a woman. A friend of hers and his gf went to Best Buy in Sterling at noon today to get tickets to cop a system. She was at work but asked them to get a ticket for her and she would come at midnight to pay for it. She just called me; she's there waiting to pay for the system right now, and she managed to get the $399 version For those that aren't familiar with it, the gaming package includes a 20gb hard drive, wireless controller and headset, HD cables, remote, xbox live silver, 1 month of free xbox gold and I really wasn't planning on getting or asking for one but I'm certainly not complaining!

High definition xbox 360 here i come. Madden 2006 and PGR3 are going to be my first games. Flying home tomorrow and she's coming over after work with it. Cannot, ****ing, wait.

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
lucky! :p
I'm gonna have to wait until the demand dies down a little :(
But I'll be getting one eventually tho :)
After you have a chance... give us your impressions please!

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
FISHTAIL said:
I won't, but I'd like to. That Elder Scrolls game looks awesome. But, I have to much other stuff to pay for right now, so I don't have 500 dollars to blow on a video game system.

I am waiting for the new Elder Scrolls game (Oblivion!) for the PC. Once that game comes out its good-bye college, life, job, and future! I don't play games that much but that, that is something I will be spending soooo many hours on, I was a HUGE fan of Morrowind! :pepper: :banana:

Last edited:

Got5onIt

Mean Green Nation
Established Member
Stopped at the local Wally World at lunch and they have 50 people in line waiting for 10 Xbox 360's. I'll just wait until next week.

NoSlowGT

Make me a sandwhich bitch
Established Member
Premium Member
LOL I cant believe people actually are gonna freeze their asses off tonight waiting for a chance to buy a video game consol. I guess its their hobby and they wonder why we spend thousands to make our cars faster lol.

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
Duende said:
Is the new Elder Scrolls game available for the 360 at launch?

No, unfortuantly.

Here is the official site if you are intrested: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblvion
They have not said when exactly it will come out, they have said it will be a 2006 release so I'm not quite sure when in 2006.

WIECH

Established Member
Got screwed preordered mine back in july at the local EB, they called me a week ago saying i wasnt going to get mine till the 2nd shipment was pissed

SALEENGTROUSH

who wants to race ?
Established Member
well guys i got it!!! went to walmart at 12am and waited till 7am when they opened up!!! i was number 11 out of 14!!! there was like 100 people there waiting haah sorry suckers :-D

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
WIECH said:
Got screwed preordered mine back in july at the local EB, they called me a week ago saying i wasnt going to get mine till the 2nd shipment was pissed

Join the club...i am number 18 on the list and they are getting 17 in....

Ive had mine paid for since may...

MystictealLt1

Established Member
the best buys around my area only got 20 in..... and its pouring raining here in Jersey and those crazy people waited in the rain all night to get it lol

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
I-CAN-STANG said:
I should've taken off today! :( I'm going to check the base PX at lunchtime.

I heard that the PX at all the local bases are still stocked full. Elliot was talking about it this morning......

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
FISHTAIL said:
I heard that the PX at all the local bases are still stocked full. Elliot was talking about it this morning......
Still stocked full? It just came out today, right? I don't even think the one here on Bolling AFB in D.C is open yet.

Users who are viewing this thread