Official "Vermilion Red" Picture Thread

jworason

Established Member
Harley grill

Jaymz, thanks for the web page help, but they don't have a grill that is as good looking as the Ford part for the Harley. They do have some great looking grills though.
DSC00127.JPG

jworason

Established Member
Harley grill

Jaymz, thanks for the web page help, but they don't have a grill that is as good looking as the original Harley grill. They do have some great looking grills though. I have attached some pics of my L, can't find any other ones right now. I have added clear lights all around and SS exhaust tips. Don't want more pics until I get the Harley grill. New from Ford is stupid money. I may have to wait for a while.

DSC00127.JPG

Bolt99SVT

missin' the screams...
Established Member
How do you have exhaust tips on the drivers side? Never seen it done before.

:lol: ...I was wondering if anybody would catch that...
-Made a pattern of the existing factory cut-out on the passenger side, then used the pattern to cut a hole in the side skirt on the drivers side.
-Then got a local muffler shop to make and weld custom straight-pipe (after cats) exhaust out both sides. I purchased (4) 3.5" stainless angled tips, and the shop used a Y-piece on the ends....so all 4 tips were functional.

The straight-pipe exhaust was pretty loud, but I loved it!!!:rockon::burnout:
I had the idea for it before I even got the truck, so I was determined to make it work!

The way we looked at it, there isn't alot of room under these trucks for mufflers out both sides...the fuel tank takes up alot of space. So straight-pipe was the easiest option. I know alot of people don't like the sound of putting straight-pipes on stuff (especially a Lightning), but alot of people liked mine.

Frank

jaymz

Established Member
Jaymz, thanks for the web page help, but they don't have a grill that is as good looking as the original Harley grill. They do have some great looking grills though. I have attached some pics of my L, can't find any other ones right now. I have added clear lights all around and SS exhaust tips. Don't want more pics until I get the Harley grill. New from Ford is stupid money. I may have to wait for a while.
No, not exactly the Harley grille, but close enough for me. It IS, however, an exact replacement for the stock grille. Sure beats Ford's almost $500 price for the Harley.

Jim

Last edited:

Chili

Not Banned
Established Member
Very nice looking truck. Is that a ram air? What manufacture? Now that I am out in Texas no where near the rain as in Indy I have toyed with the idea of using one

Its the chickenears setup. I live in FL and haven't had a problem sucking up water yet - you just have to avoid the deep puddles and driving in a hurricane.

Users who are viewing this thread