Official SN 95 Pics thread!

svt5150

Established Member
And yes, Steve Saleen signed the dash and thought it was the real deal lol. Never pass it off as one. Once the Coyote 5.0 goes it it will really be different.

svt5150

Established Member
^^Holy crap more pics of that one please!!^^

Geez the paint looks flawless. Almost has an exotic look like a Ferrari with the red and carbon fiber etc. Really subtle changes have made the car absolutely stunning. Makes mine look like a turd!! :cryying:

Thanks man. That is the look I was/am going for. I think these yellow calipers will give it even more of an exotic flare.

Saleenbrakes.jpg

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Hey Guys, never post too much but I always visit these forums as it seems the 94-98 is a dying breed. I love the body style personally. Had a 94 GT Vert that was brand new when I was in high school, got an itch and found a low mileage Cobra from a 58 year old guy that didn't want to shift anymore in 98. At the time it was a red 95 R copy. Hood, wheels, etc... Over many years I have been tinkering with this and it's my car that I will never sell. Bought it in 96 and told myself I wanted to have a car from when I was "young" to keep forever. So here is my sentimental Cobra. When I was 18 in 97 there was no way I could afford a s351 so I saved and slowly made one to my liking. :-D

Car is a 94 Cobra, full Saleen kit, T1 wing, Full PF Racing CF accents, Recaros, Maximum Motorsport, Vortech, etc... Basically my Faleen that I've made to my liking. Had this car forever. Yes, I can afford a 351 now but when I bought this in 98 I couldn't ;-)

Saleen plaques are from a buddy who had connections to the Irvine plant back in the "good ol" Saleen days. Stamped with all my VIN info.

I wouldn't worry about it man, mine is a Faleen and I get zero crap out it.. I back up the name just like you ;). It is a real 98 Cobra though.. I wish that I could find a set of the CF splitters for our cars with the Saleen front bumper.. They looks sick.. Love the car man!

svt5150

Established Member
I wouldn't worry about it man, mine is a Faleen and I get zero crap out it.. I back up the name just like you ;). It is a real 98 Cobra though.. I wish that I could find a set of the CF splitters for our cars with the Saleen front bumper.. They looks sick.. Love the car man!

I've ben workin on getting a set. If I can I will produce some extras. Also have a guy that has a modified SR bumper for our cars. Looks the same but the facia is about 3" lower to ground.

1995-6SaleeSRCFFront03.jpg

saleenrace.jpg

These too...

Cfwing6.jpg

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I'm not to sure on the SR bumper, It looks off to me. Probably because I'm used to seeing my car..

The splitter though.. Ohhh man.. those are nice.. There was a guy reproducing them but they were stupid expensive..

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Yup!! I wasn' ready to drop that coin when I can fab up a real splitter.. The place that you got the CF parts from on your car still in business??

svt5150

Established Member
Yup!! I wasn' ready to drop that coin when I can fab up a real splitter.. The place that you got the CF parts from on your car still in business??

No they are not. And I don't have a way of getting ahold of the guy (Tim S.) anymore. It was called PF Racing or Paper Flames Racing. I was hoping he had a mold laying around. Our only hope is someone taking theirs off, making a mold of it and re producing it. I'm sure we could get a run of 10-20 made. Fiberglass was $250 then and the CF was $500 through PF Racing back in 2000.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
No they are not. And I don't have a way of getting ahold of the guy (Tim S.) anymore. It was called PF Racing or Paper Flames Racing. I was hoping he had a mold laying around. Our only hope is someone taking theirs off, making a mold of it and re producing it. I'm sure we could get a run of 10-20 made. Fiberglass was $250 then and the CF was $500 through PF Racing back in 2000.

Yea I did some research it seems as though he's out of the game.. 500 for all the pieces or 500 per item??!! That's expensive if it's per item.. It does set your car apart from the rest though man.. :beer:

svt5150

Established Member
Yea I did some research it seems as though he's out of the game.. 500 for all the pieces or 500 per item??!! That's expensive if it's per item.. It does set your car apart from the rest though man.. :beer:

Thats for the splitters. My stuff was $650 for the side mirrors, $400 for the taillight bezels, $350 for the side vents and the hood vents were $180. I've had this stuff since 2000/02 though when it was first coming out and these cars were worth something lol.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
WOW!! That's a lot of coin right there.. No way I would have spent that much hahaha!! But it does look killer.. I might look into CF wrapping the stuff vs buying realy CF parts.. Your car does look killer man.

Users who are viewing this thread