Official: Police dog in Georgia found dead of heat stroke in patrol car

CBrowning84

Established Member
Wow to all the people that want him charged with MURDER of a DOG. Sure it's man's best friend, but it certainly isn't a "police officer". Did it make the choice to become a police officer? No, it's just a DOG doing what a TRAINED DOG does, which is what it's told lol.

Not to mention it's a DOG and not a HUMAN BEING. Don't get me wrong, I love dogs, I have one myself, and I love that little rascal, but charging a person for murder or negligent manslaughter or whatever is a little ridiculous!

He should be charged with animal cruelty. It is what it is.

Last edited:

CBrowning84

Established Member
You must not be very bright. It is despicable how someone in your position could even begin to justify the actions of that particular dogslaughtering pig. That pig killed the dog. It wasnt his department's fault. It wasnt his neighbors fault. It wasnt the equipment's fault or lack of thereof. It wasnt Obamas fault. It was the handler's fault. Any human being with an IQ bigger than a sack of marbles knows not to leave a living being locked up in a car during the summer. Its ****ing common sense.

Guy should be tried for manslaughter plain and simple....

"Charge him with felony animal cruelty..." <~~~ give me a break, GTFO...

:lol:

It's funny you call him not so bright but then want MANslaughter for a DOG.

Would you call for murder charges if somebody killed a turtle?

Of course you wouldn't! It's a freakin turtle! What's the difference in that and a dog? Besides the fact that dogs are way cooler and stuff. :-D

What about a cow? That guy accidentatly killed his animal. People kill cows all the time. Hope you've never eaten a steak cause then... OMG YOU'RE A CANNIBAL! BECAUSE ANIMALS ARE THE SAME AS PEOPLE! lol (You see how ridiculous this is?)

The FACT of the matter is the dude killed an animal. NOT a human. There should and will be no charges brought to that.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Wow to all the people that want him charged with MURDER of a DOG. Sure it's man's best friend, but it certainly isn't a "police officer". Did it make the choice to become a police officer? No, it's just a DOG doing what a TRAINED DOG does, which is what it's told lol.

Not to mention it's a DOG and not a HUMAN BEING. Don't get me wrong, I love dogs, I have one myself, and I love that little rascal, but charging a person for murder or negligent manslaughter or whatever is a little ridiculous!

He should be charged with animal cruelty. It is what it is.

I agree with you for the most part but what most are saying is if a non leo kills a leo k-9 they get charged as if that kill an actual human leo. This should not be any different imo.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life

Should be charged with animal cruelty. It is what it is.

Kill one during the commission of a crime and get back with us.
Texas Penal Code - Section 38.151. Interference With Police Service Animals - Texas Attorney Resources - Texas Laws
Florida Laws: FL Statutes - Title XLVI Crimes Section 843.01 Resisting officer with violence to his or her person. - Florida Attorney Resources - Florida Laws
New York Penal - Article 195 - § 195.06 Killing or Injuring a Police Animal - New York Attorney Resources - New York Laws

CBrowning84

Established Member
I agree with you for the most part but what most are saying is if a non leo kills a leo k-9 they get charged as if that kill an actual human leo. This should not be any different imo.

Is there a law that states this? I couldn't find anything... not going to put too much time into it though lol.

You could have just posted the snopes link that you googled that lists those exact 3 links in order ;-)
Killing a police dog = killing a cop - snopes.com

"Under Texas law, they would be charged with Killing a Police Service Animal, which is a Felony in the Third Degree. Texas Penal Code - Section 38.151. Interference With Police Service Animals

Similar crime in Florida, Florida Crimes Code Section 843.19 - Obstructing Justice - Offenses against police dogs, fire dogs, SAR dogs, or police horses.

A Class A misdemeanor in NY, New York Penal Law Section 195.06 - Killing Or Injuring A Police Animal

That's all I could easily find.

None of them say a police service animal is considered an officer though."

The first link states "(5) a felony of the third degree if the person commits
an offense under Subsection (b)(6) or (7) by killing a police
service animal or by engaging in conduct likely to kill the animal."

The second link states "(2) Any person who intentionally and knowingly, without lawful cause or justification, causes great bodily harm, permanent disability, or death to, or uses a deadly weapon upon, a police dog, fire dog, SAR dog, or police horse commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084."

The third link states "Killing or injuring a police animal is a class A misdemeanor."

So

Penalties for third-degree felonies

Laws and penalties vary from state to state, but in general a third-degree felony is punishable by jail time of not less than 2 years and not more than 10 years, and by a fine of not more than $10,000 (subject to change). The level of felony charged and the resulting penalty will vary depending on the severity of the crime and whether there were special circumstances, such as if a gun was used.

So the worst charge I can find is 3rd degree felony. That's still not murder. :shrug:

Last edited:

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
People comparing him killing a K-9 to a criminal killing one is not the same.

Now if you can find a case where a civilian accidently killed a K-9, then he needs to be charged in the same manner they were since it's obvious it wasn't intentional. It was just poor mishandling by a dumbass.

CBrowning84

Established Member
Here's another link I just found with more details:

Edit: deleted article because it was a different dog. Sadly. :nonono:

Last edited:

Robert Francis

Established Member
This is a horrible horrible story for the poor dog who suffered greatly in that heat and didn't stand a chance.

You don't have to be a trained "dog handler" to know that you don't ever leave your dog in a vehicle in hot weather for more than a few minutes, if even that! The temp, especially with the windows up, rises to a danger level in less than 10 minutes. Leaving that poor dog in there for that amount of time just sentenced that dog to "suffer" a cruel death!

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
"One in every thread" Im sure Im the only ONE in this thread who's is a canine handler. I don't have a bubble that needed bursting either.
I'm not saying if he is a good handler or not. The report don't mention any thing about how long the canine was left in the car. As I stated with proper training and equipment a handler would not leave his canine unattended in a vehicle.
There is no reason this should happen other then negligence.
The question is who's at fault? The hander, the department's or both.
We are quick to take a news story on face value. I try to read between the lines. Remember what the news reported about the Benghasi attack the day after it happened ?

I am with you, God forbid we wait to learn all the facts.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
Here's another link I just found with more details:

Police: New Castle Police Department K9 Officer Left In Cruiser For More Than 3 Hours « CBS Pittsburgh

I don't know why the dude would leave the car running with the dog in it for almost 4 hours.... besides sexytime with the wife.... lol..... but obviously he thought the dog would be safe with the AC on. Obviously this wasn't intentional... :shrug:

This appears to be a different story, the dogs names in the story are conflicting and I think the location as well. This looks like New Castle in Pittsburgh.

rxpwhistler1

HP Junkie
Established Member
You must not be very bright. It is despicable how someone in your position could even begin to justify the actions of that particular dogslaughtering pig. That pig killed the dog. It wasnt his department's fault. It wasnt his neighbors fault. It wasnt the equipment's fault or lack of thereof. It wasnt Obamas fault. It was the handler's fault. Any human being with an IQ bigger than a sack of marbles knows not to leave a living being locked up in a car during the summer. Its ****ing common sense.

Guy should be tried for manslaughter plain and simple....

"Charge him with felony animal cruelty..." <~~~ give me a break, GTFO...

:lol:

SPOT ON! If it's not a human being and exceptions are made, the same should hold true for the instances where a civilian takes out a K-9 Police Officer. Use your heads

CSD

Banned
I love these threads where 90% of the responses are from know-it-all's that have all the facts, as if they were there and saw it transpire live. Shit happens folks, no need to post on a forum acting perfect as if you've never done anything wrong, accidentally or purposely.

Get over yourself people, you're not impressing anyone. :poke:

Razzles

Established Member
Poor pup :( I don't understand how anyone could forget they left a dog in the car...I'm sure the police department will take action considering how expensive K-9 pups are.

Users who are viewing this thread