Official 2023 College Football Season thread

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Bowl games aren’t what they used to be with all the hold outs and transfers. Not really worth watching. Not the same teams playing that played all season.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Agreed and it seemed to really start happening when we went to playoff format. Which you know what, good.. I will be glad when the playoffs expand next season.

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
Dduuurrrrr fsu should have been in the playoffs, dddduuurrr. :ROFLMAO:

I’m a UGA fan but they were missing something like 20 guys, many offensive. That’s said, they would have Ben shit in regardless. Have a feeling same will go for Michigan.

03_SVT_Freak

Stirring the pot :D
Established Member
I’m a UGA fan but they were missing something like 20 guys, many offensive. That’s said, they would have Ben shit in regardless. Have a feeling same will go for Michigan.
There is no version of events where fsu had a chance. Lol

Edit: who's going first on suicide watch with taf when tenn gets their shit pushed in? Not it. Ha!

DiB14-SAFD

Established Member
All these players not playing in bowl games is likely making sponsors and advertisers wondering if their money is being well spent.
One of the many reasons why they are expanding to a playoff next year. Unless you are in the top four at the end of the year there isn’t a lot of incentive for players to play in their bowl game if they are planning on transferring or going to the draft. The playoff will boost the number of quality bowls a little bit at least. Although, there will still be a sharp drop off for teams that fall outside the cutoff.

VegasMichael

Established Member
One of the many reasons why they are expanding to a playoff next year. Unless you are in the top four at the end of the year there isn’t a lot of incentive for players to play in their bowl game if they are planning on transferring or going to the draft. The playoff will boost the number of quality bowls a little bit at least. Although, there will still be a sharp drop off for teams that fall outside the cutoff.
I was more a fan of an 8 team playoff instead of the 12 team playoff that's planned. There's usually a fairly measurable difference in talent between teams ranked 1-6 and those ranked 7-12.

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah thinking UT will avenge last years bowl game and really when you look at the Huskies schedule, not as impressed..
Lets see,
Oregon was ranked in the top 10 both times Washington beat them.
Oregon State was ranked #12 when Washington beat them.
USC was ranked in the top 25 when Washington beat them.
I believe Michigan St was ranked in the top 25 when Washington beat them.
Arizona is currently ranked 14th and Washington beat them.
Utah was ranked #13 when Washington beat them.
Washington has won 20 games in a row.
Yet, not impressed...

DiB14-SAFD

Established Member
Don’t count out Washington. They beat Texas last year so they are gonna have some confidence going into the game. Penix got snubbed a bit on the Heisman so he might have a little chip on his shoulder. Also that running back they got ain’t no joke. Could be a long day for Texas if they can’t keep him bottled up.

Users who are viewing this thread