Official 2023 College Football Season thread

rborden

Established Member
Oh LOOK! The GUMPS made the CFP Final Four
FSU Got SCREWED!!!!!

Bad Precedent to set by "The Committee"...

So, if you build depth...and your 3rd String QB STILL WINS Your Conference Championship...AND you Go UNDEFEATED...You're "NOT the same Team you were EARLIER in the Year?"

I agree with you. Going 13-0 and being left out is egregious.

I feel bad for the fsu seniors who went the gauntlet only to be ****ed by the sec
Their entire off season workouts, training camps, summer practices, the regular season practices and games and going undefeated now mean nothing because one player got injured.

My issue with Texas getting in, they lost a conference game in their home state albeit at a neutral site and they lost in October.

Bama lost a non-conference game very early at home.

03_SVT_Freak

Stirring the pot :D
Established Member
I agree with you. Going 13-0 and being left out is egregious.

Their entire off season workouts, training camps, summer practices, the regular season practices and games and going undefeated now mean nothing because one player got injured.

My issue with Texas getting in, they lost a conference game in their home state albeit at a neutral site and they lost in October.

Bama lost a non-conference game very early at home.
I get the thinking behind "well they lost at this date", but the fact is, the team that walked out on that field and beat Georgia, is the same team that walked out IN TUSCALOOSA and lost to Texas. This whole thing is ****ed, but saying Texas should have been left out is, IMHO, crazy.

EDIT: and to add, you can't say FSU deserves to go cause they won the conference, but then argue to leave out Texas or Bama after they won theirs,

Last edited:

03_SVT_Freak

Established Member
Wow. TX and BAMA both get in.
FSU kind of got shafted but I get it. The rationale for leaving them out was the weaker schedule and not having their starting QB. Tough one for them.
Yeah, I was on the "FSU got screwed" wagon there at first, but when you really look at it, without their QB, and after that Louisville game, can they honestly say they are the one of the best four teams in America?

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
Yeah, I was on the "FSU got screwed" wagon there at first, but when you really look at it, without their QB, and after that Louisville game, can they honestly say they are the one of the best four teams in America?
Their Record and Conference Championship SCREAMS it!

EVEN though they had to play QB3, they STILL won the game and the Championship. Who cares if Louisville Sucked, too. Texas has BIG 12 Championships playing BIG 12 Teams that SUCKED.

WAIT till next year where 9 of your 12 Games won't be against Cupcakes...

Last edited:

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I didn't bet. I never do on Michigan, even though I usually guess pretty good against the spread.

Texas did something else Michigan, Washington and FSU didn't do. Lost a game.

They have 2 options:

Michigan
Washington
FSU
Texas

Michigan
Washington
Texas
Alabama

If they're hell bent on putting an SEC team in they have to put Texas in too. I'm guessing there's going to be a lot of pissed off Seminole fans.

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I figured this would happen. Granted FSU did get screwed they still won with a 3rd string QB. Either way you’re going to have teams and fan bases pissed. They shoulda expanded to 8 this year before going to 12 next year jmho.

03_SVT_Freak

Established Member
I figured this would happen. Granted FSU did get screwed they still won with a 3rd string QB. Either way you’re going to have teams and fan bases pissed. They shoulda expanded to 8 this year before going to 12 next year jmho.

barely won and with only 55 passing yards. Yeah, it sucks, but FSU can't say they are 1 of the best 4 teams in America at the moment.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
AND YOUR SOON TO BE 2024 CHAMPS.................

michigan-football-pictures-dpbj7sjjvnbfueo7.jpg
Yikes, see below. Need to stop playing with their wieners.
I think he is clowning on TAF, job well done because I had to double check the gdamn username twice..
@03cobra#694 IP check on isle 4 please..
I noticed that. Just looked in here for the first time in days. They might be rump rangers in different parts of the country

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
barely won and with only 55 passing yards. Yeah, it sucks, but FSU can't say they are 1 of the best 4 teams in America at the moment.

Oh I agree I think they’d of been eliminated by Michigan. It sucks for them but is what it is, remember when UC got in and steamrolled?

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Is the fsu starti g QB done? Hard to believe he wouldnt be back by jan unless he really broke somethin...i honestly do t know his injury

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Yeah its all about the SEC oh wait where was all the outrage when they put Michigan and OSU in last year - - - JPRO why didn't you want to storm any bowls in protest then???

I protested big 10 team that got in without a big10 championship...thats a automatic disqualifier in my book...thats twice a team that didnt win thier conference got in and it pissed me off both times

Totally different scenario last year. Heading into the final week of the season OSU was 2 and Michigan was 3. After Michigan won they moved to 2 and OSU to 5, behind USC who moved to 4. Then USC lost to Utah in the Pac12 Championship game, so USC had 2 losses and were out and Utah had 3 losses so they're not getting in. Clemson won the ACC but they also had 2 losses, including to a bad South Carolina team at the end of the season. When the dust settled OSU was the only 1 loss team left.

Since im a big10 fan...

I think UM looked better without harbough the last few weeks lol

Well that's just crazy talk lol.

Is the fsu starti g QB done? Hard to believe he wouldnt be back by jan unless he really broke somethin...i honestly do t know his injury

He's done.

Users who are viewing this thread