Official 2020 college football thread who's winning it all if we get a playoff

beau t

Established Member
Trask is gone and so are all of their skill guys on offense. I'm not sure if JT Daniels sticks around for UGA (is he?). If so, UGA gotta be a front runner in the east next year over UF.

To be honest i haven't been keeping up with it this year to know who is going or staying, got a new to me 4 wheeler so i have been playing lol. what did you learn from the clemson/ ND game what do you think the buckeyes chances are , personally i think they are pretty good if Fields comes out strong and i imagine he will! Anyhow i will be pulling for them!

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
To be honest i haven't been keeping up with it this year to know who is going or staying, got a new to me 4 wheeler so i have been playing lol. what did you learn from the clemson/ ND game what do you think the buckeyes chances are , personally i think they are pretty good if Fields comes out strong and i imagine he will! Anyhow i will be pulling for them!

Notre Dame did a few things well that I think they can continue to do against Bama (and that we should do in our game vs. Clemson):
1. Run the football behind a big, strong offensive line. Eat clock and keep the ball as much as possible.
2. Move the pocket. ND had success when they moved Book outside and let him set and throw. He hit quite a few of those passes. I think we need to do the same because Clemson likes to blitz up the middle. Obviously Fields is much more of a threat to make a big play with his legs than Book but Book can get first downs with his feet.

One difference I see is that OSU should try to make Clemson's receivers beat them. They don't have a home run guy and their best pass catcher is undersized so 50/50 balls won't work. Limit Lawrence and Etienne in the run game. For ND, they gotta figure out Bama's receivers...they are killers, especially Smith.

OSU's chances are better than people think. They are motivated and ready. I think what will hold us back is our lack of live game reps (only playing 6 games). We shall see tomorrow.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Notre Dame did a few things well that I think they can continue to do against Bama (and that we should do in our game vs. Clemson):
1. Run the football behind a big, strong offensive line. Eat clock and keep the ball as much as possible.
2. Move the pocket. ND had success when they moved Book outside and let him set and throw. He hit quite a few of those passes. I think we need to do the same because Clemson likes to blitz up the middle. Obviously Fields is much more of a threat to make a big play with his legs than Book but Book can get first downs with his feet.

One difference I see is that OSU should try to make Clemson's receivers beat them. They don't have a home run guy and their best pass catcher is undersized so 50/50 balls won't work. Limit Lawrence and Etienne in the run game. For ND, they gotta figure out Bama's receivers...they are killers, especially Smith.

OSU's chances are better than people think. They are motivated and ready. I think what will hold us back is our lack of live game reps (only playing 6 games). We shall see tomorrow.

I haven’t watched much of Bama this year, but I keep hearing there defense is suspect? If so, maybe if Notre Dame can run with ball with there offensive line and give Kyren Williams running room, eat the clock they can tire them out. I hope they beat Bama but Kelly seems to never have a plan for big games and his track record shows that.

I think OSU can beat Clemson if they can keep pressure on Lawerence and stop Etine. I think Dabo is nervous which is why he has been running his mouth. Hoping for some good games today. Good luck to your team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

04MysticCobra

Established Member
I haven’t watched much of Bama this year, but I keep hearing there defense is suspect? If so, maybe if Notre Dame can run with ball with there offensive line and give Kyren Williams running room, eat the clock they can tire them out. I hope they beat Bama but Kelly seems to never have a plan for big games and his track record shows that.

I think OSU can beat Clemson if they can keep pressure on Lawerence and stop Etine. I think Dabo is nervous which is why he has been running his mouth. Hoping for some good games today. Good luck to your team.

Good luck to the Irish today. They will need it against Bama and just hope they show up today and stay close. Just want to watch 2 good games today.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member

Thanks. I think the Bucks will be fine.

The college game has become so slanted towards offenses that no one is going to stop Bama. But...if you keep the ball away from them they can't score as much and ND has a big, physical offensive line. I hope they make it competitive and I think they can.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Well what I thought unfortunately another Brian Kelly can’t have a game plan in big games not even close. Would love Urban Meyer to be the coach of Notre Dame.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Well what I thought unfortunately another Brian Kelly can’t have a game plan in big games not even close. Would love Urban Meyer to be the coach of Notre Dame.

What so he can grab his chest and say how he feels ill and wants to spend time with his family. When another off the field incident involving a player or players happen rather than admitting that he should of known about it and done something when it popped up. Sorry his track record is not good when it comes to this kind of stuff. Am so glad he is no longer at Ohio State as the HC which he shouldn't of had in the first place with what he said and done at Florida.

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
I think Brian Kelly has done a good job. It's the recruiting. Until they ease up on academic requirements ND won't be able to recuit the 5 star players needed to compete with the likes of Bama, Clemson, Ohio state ect. Yes they have been able to recuite great offensive lineman and tight ends, but you need those 5 star recuites for speed at the corners.

ND hasn't had top recuiting since the Lou Holtz days....and it shows when they get in the big games.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

tt54l32v

Established Member
I think ND played very good and looked much better than the last meeting. They had their ass whipped in the trenches in 2012. This time they just didn't have enough speed.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
I think ND played very good and looked much better than the last meeting. They had their ass whipped in the trenches in 2012. This time they just didn't have enough speed.

I agree. ND needs some more skill players who can make plays.

Can't wait for OSU vs. Bama for the natty on the 11th! I'm not thinking about it right now, all I gotta say is suck it, Dabo...cocky asshole. We bent that disingenuous prick over and went in raw. LOL

01performanceredvertsnake

Established Member
I agree. ND needs some more skill players who can make plays.

Can't wait for OSU vs. Bama for the natty on the 11th! I'm not thinking about it right now, all I gotta say is suck it, Dabo...cocky asshole. We bent that disingenuous prick over and went in raw. LOL

Another class act state fan, nice.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Roll Tide!!!! But I’d be lying if I said Ohio hadn’t a damn good chance at being the next Champs! Good to see something other than an Alabama/Clemson game. Sorry sunshine....not this year.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm really looking forward to the National Championship on the 11th. It promises to be a good game. No prediction on a winner.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
What so he can grab his chest and say how he feels ill and wants to spend time with his family. When another off the field incident involving a player or players happen rather than admitting that he should of known about it and done something when it popped up. Sorry his track record is not good when it comes to this kind of stuff. Am so glad he is no longer at Ohio State as the HC which he shouldn't of had in the first place with what he said and done at Florida.

I want someone who can bring a National Championship to Notre Dame. Notre Dame is getting recruits just not at the level of OSU, Alabama, and Clemson.

I think Brian Kelly has done a good job. It's the recruiting. Until they ease up on academic requirements ND won't be able to recuit the 5 star players needed to compete with the likes of Bama, Clemson, Ohio state ect. Yes they have been able to recuite great offensive lineman and tight ends, but you need those 5 star recuites for speed at the corners.

ND hasn't had top recuiting since the Lou Holtz days....and it shows when they get in the big games.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

My issue with BK is always excuses, and failing to execute in big games. While I agree it would be great to ease academic requirements to get that talent I don’t see it happening. You’re correct they haven’t had top recruits since Holtz which was the last time they’ve won a National championship.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member

I do agree they did look better than the curb stomping they took in 2013. Book made some dumb decisions running on 3&7 and that under-thrown pick.

01performanceredvertsnake

Established Member
1. Your coach has zero class, even in defeat. Take your L.

2. This is smack down...lol

3. Did I mention Dabo is a shit stain?

Our coach is top notch and he has more class in his pinky than most state fans it seems.

We know how to not be sore winners or sore losers, something others need to learn

Call him all the names you want, shows yours and others true character compared to his.

Users who are viewing this thread