Official 2019 NFL Thread

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Ok so I don't post in here much and since there has been no "official 2019" thread I thought I would get it going and start off with this. the article talks about the impending death of the NFL and assigns blame to Godell, Brady, Bellacheat, and the current culture. I think I pretty much agree with everything except Kapernick. I don't believe the NFL "blackballed" him. I think he brought it on himself and owners, coaches, and GMs decided they did not want the divisive bullshit that comes with hiring a malcontent.

Who Killed the NFL?

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
I approve of this thread so far. Ill read article then come back.

Edit

What a great article. I agree about the kapernick stuff. I think all players need to be held to the same standard as what they did to him. But, one thing is for certain, the NFL is in a spiral decline and that writer nailed it. Its what everyone mentions when talking about their dislike of the NFL over the years. This last superbowl had lowest ratings for a superbowl in over a decade, by a large margin. Every one knew what would happen, they knew when things would happen and how. Its almost comicaly scripted when you can look over at who your sitting with and tell them what's getting ready to happen, it makes it not enjoyable. Phantom calls. Fake penalties.

The NFL needs a new Commissioner. A Trump type. Someone who will drain the NFL swamp. The refs all need to go. Every last one. Make an example for the next group.

Except for the concussion rules and protections, Football needs to go back to how it was in the 70s and 80s. Drop the sissy brady rules bs. Football was at its highest ratings levels back then. This millenial age group who are the new ratings generators are killing the NFL and the sport of professional football. Anyone under 30 clearly has no understanding of real football. The millenial era has killed professional football.

Great article. Going to read again.

Sent from my LG V30 ThinQ using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Brownies picking up Kareem Hunt could payoff nicely if he isn’t suspended. I hate to say it, but look for the Browns to improve again this season.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
The NFL has image problems for sure. I just don't believe that folks are soley tuning out because they hate the following: i.e.. kneelers, Goodall, Tom Brady/Bill Belichick/Patriot haters, safety concerns, shitty officiating. I have no doubts some people have tuned out for the above reasons, but I think the real reason are cord cutters, cable and satellite subscriptions are way down. All the major networks have suffered big declines according to Nielsen ratings, Fox is down 20% prime time, ABC 11%, CBS 6%, NBC 4%...by comparison NFL was down 5% and still the most highly rated sport. I don't think the NFL is dying anytime soon.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Wow, Jayson Braddock has a major case of PDS.

Braddock is a loudmouth fat**** that looks like he’s never played a sport in his life. To be honest I don’t care for most of these talking heads, except for Dan Patrick, like Dan a lot.

375x250.jpg

5ae85818888dad641c296a57.jpg

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Braddock is a loudmouth fat**** that looks like he’s never played a sport in his life. To be honest I don’t care for most of these talking heads, except for Dan Patrick, like Dan a lot.

View attachment 1551400
View attachment 1551401

The fact that he thinks the NFL is dead, right there he loses all credibility. I'm not too happy with the league either from the commissioner right down to the big mouth players but the sport is still alive and well and is not going anywhere.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
Just when you think the broncos couldnt do something more stupid than vance johnson OR the totality of stupid decisions over the last 3 seasons....

Enter the era of Joe Flacco.

Im dissapointed in Elway. Hes better than this. How do you look at flacco and think..." Thats him....thats our future."

Hello 4-12 season.

Even worse, they passed on Nick Foles to snag Flacco.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Just when you think the broncos couldnt do something more stupid than vance johnson OR the totality of stupid decisions over the last 3 seasons....

Enter the era of Joe Flacco.

Im dissapointed in Elway. Hes better than this. How do you look at flacco and think..." Thats him....thats our future."

Hello 4-12 season.

I'm not big on Flacco either but he's better than anyone the Broncos have had since Peyton Manning. You're being overly critical with your 4-12 prediction. I can easily see them going 5-11. ;)

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
I'm not big on Flacco either but he's better than anyone the Broncos have had since Peyton Manning. You're being overly critical with your 4-12 prediction. I can easily see them going 5-11. ;)
I think flacco is a has been. Washed up. Done. He had one or two good seasons. Pass over foles for flacco? Thats asinine. Did i spell that right?

5 and 11 is very generous.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
The fact that he thinks the NFL is dead, right there he loses all credibility. I'm not too happy with the league either from the commissioner right down to the big mouth players but the sport is still alive and well and is not going anywhere.
he didn't say it was dead. he said it was dying. did you not comprehend or did you not read it?

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Flacco will be missed in the AFC North...by the Steelers. But Lamar Jackson is one bit away from being the next RG III, so that’s encouraging.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
he didn't say it was dead. he said it was dying. did you not comprehend or did you not read it?

I don't know, I always thought "killed" and "dead" were synonyms. Maybe I'm wrong about that, but that doesn't make this guy any less of an idiot with PDS.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member

View attachment 1551400
View attachment 1551401

Yep. For those of you that don't know he was a local radio sports douche here up until last year. Never liked the guy and he got fired for being fat and stupid.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
We have one of those idiot sports talk guys around here...Mark Madden. Self-proclaimed “super genius” radio douche. Obnoxious, fat, rude, and ugly as hell.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Interesting article. There's no denying that there has been a steady decline in viewership. The question is, when will the owner's wake up to this and can Goodell?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Interesting article. There's no denying that there has been a steady decline in viewership. The question is, when will the owner's wake up to this and can Goodell?
Wont happen. They make too much money. Till they take pay cuts nothing will change. Same as politics

Users who are viewing this thread