Official 2018 MLB thread

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I am shocked that the Sox were able to win tree in a row in Houston. You coulda made a bunch of money betting that.

I'm surprised Verlander didn't win but not surprised at the poor showing overall at home. Astros are much better on the road and with Altuve and Correa not at 100% it ended up costing us. Gotta be 100% and firing on all cylinders to have a chance against a team like Boston.

94 Cobra R

Same Ol Same Ol
Established Member
Bradley Jr. only had 3 hits for the series but he sure made them count with 9 RBI's and win series MVP. Good for him.
Betts was a huge disappointment batting .217 with 1 RBI and he had lots of chances with men on base and did nothing. All of the Red Sox run producers were disappointing. Bradley Jr. and Devers accounted for 15 of the Red Sox 27 RBI's. It's great to get that kind of production from those guys but the guys who got you here need to be counted on to drive in runs.

Yes I can still complain even with winning in 5 games.

Still think we’re not going anywhere in the postseason? Man, I said we were going to go all the way and all I got was whining for the best record in baseball. Have some faith, this isn’t our Sox from the 70s and 80s....or 2011....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Still think we’re not going anywhere in the postseason? Man, I said we were going to go all the way and all I got was whining for the best record in baseball. Have some faith, this isn’t our Sox from the 70s and 80s....or 2011....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They haven't won yet but I am surprised they got by Houston. It's my nature to be critical of all the Boston teams. I guess it comes from all the heartbreaking losses growing up, mainly like you said in the 70's and 80's and mostly from the Red Sox and Bruins that its been engraved in my DNA to expect the worst. haha

M91196

Established Member
They haven't won yet but I am surprised they got by Houston. It's my nature to be critical of all the Boston teams. I guess it comes from all the heartbreaking losses growing up, mainly like you said in the 70's and 80's and mostly from the Red Sox and Bruins that its been engraved in my DNA to expect the worst. haha

I hear that but I think 2004 made up for 75, 78 and 86.
It almost let me forgive the old ownership for letting Fisk walk.
Boston is not a Celtics only town anymore and we are really spoiled since 2001 with the success.

My children will never know the heartbreak!!

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I hear that but I think 2004 made up for 75, 78 and 86.
It almost let me forgive the old ownership for letting Fisk walk.
Boston is not a Celtics only town anymore and we are really spoiled since 2001 with the success.

My children will never know the heartbreak!!

I will never forget the 04 ACLS, that was truly some of the best baseball I have ever seen, ****ing magical.

M91196

Established Member
I will never forget the 04 ACLS, that was truly some of the best baseball I have ever seen, ****ing magical.

Especially after 2003, it was late nite after late nite and we all figured they can’t come back and win this but they did and it was some kind of awesome. I think I may have to go revisit the highlights of theALCS.
Ortiz for president

Last edited:

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
I believe it was his first promotion like this but involved the price of oil per barrel at the end of the year. Over under $100 something like that.
He lost a ton.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Only thing he lost was the premium on the insurance policy he took out on it but I bet the promo more than paid for that. These guys aren't really giving shit away for free. That stuff is insured.

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Going to be a great World Series. Dodgers almost didn’t even make the playoffs and now they’re back in the World Series.

00slvrL

RIP 05.18.2013
Established Member
Only thing he lost was the premium on the insurance policy he took out on it but I bet the promo more than paid for that. These guys aren't really giving shit away for free. That stuff is insured.
It appears he had to pay between 10-20% premiums for the 10 million in loss.
He also said he made wagers in vegas in excess of 1 million on the Astros. He's done alright.
But don't slight this guy, he does give more than you could imagine for people in this City.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
It appears he had to pay between 10-20% premiums for the 10 million in loss.
He also said he made wagers in vegas in excess of 1 million on the Astros. He's done alright.
But don't slight this guy, he does give more than you could imagine for people in this City.

He’s always risen to the occasion when disaster has struck here. Dude has a big heart.

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I’m not saying the Sox will absolutely win but I think Houston is a much better team than LA.

They didn’t play like it and the dodgers took them to 7 games last year with the dodgers pitching basically giving the astros two of the 7 games.

The dodgers starting pitching and bullpen is better than Houston’s was this post season. Astros have some very good hitters but I don’t think they faced the kind of pitching the dodgers did in the NLCS

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
They didn’t play like it and the dodgers took them to 7 games last year with the dodgers pitching basically giving the astros two of the 7 games.

The dodgers starting pitching and bullpen is better than Houston’s was this post season. Astros have some very good hitters but I don’t think they faced the kind of pitching the dodgers did in the NLCS
We will see how it goes.

May the better team win and may the umps have no bearing in any of the outcomes.
Fenway should be absolutely rockin. Baseball is so important in Boston and the Red Sox are awesome at home. Sales should be 100% and Price looks solid.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I don't discount the Dodgers, they're a solid team all around but if the Red Sox don't bring it home it will be seen as a choke job.

Gotta give credit where it’s due. The Red Sox lineup is lethal, y’all made a very good Astro’s bullpen look like rookies. No execuses we got beat. If y’all play anything like you did in ALCS, suspect it will end just as ugly for the Dodgers.

Users who are viewing this thread