Official 2018 MLB thread

Rare40th

Established Member
As an unbiased fan it's a tough call. Based on where it hit the fan(s)/Betts it was clearly going to be a home run, but when looking at the replay you can see their hands reach out. Especially the guy with the long sleeve shirt and jeans towards the right, he's leaning practically on the walls edge reaching in the direction of the other fans and Betts.

The rule is clear on when it's legal and illegal for a fan to interact and this is about as close as it gets. Sucks for Houston, worked out for Boston.

Also why in the world in today's viewing of this game, are there not cameras in the outfield that have views of the walls edge?

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Also why in the world in today's viewing of this game, are there not cameras in the outfield that have views of the walls edge?

There was a camera that had the perfect angle but fat security guard needs to see it more than us.

As a Red Sox fan I admit it was the wrong call.

If it was reversed I woulda been pissed off.

I think the Sox lose tonight and eventually win the series.

Don't think it was the wrong call anymore. As I said, the ball will clear the wall but fans can't break that plane into the field of play which is inconclusive at best, so call on the field stands and it would have stood if it were ruled a home run.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Alright, I'm not playing games anymore. You all owe Joe West an apology because he absolutely made the right call and it's not even inconclusive anymore.
Look at the guy in the white shirt. His left hand is on top of the wall and you can't tell me his right hand is not beyond that and the hands that actually make contact with the ball are even beyond his hand! 100% correct call.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Alright, I'm not playing games anymore. You all owe Joe West an apology because he absolutely made the right call and it's not even inconclusive anymore.
Look at the guy in the white shirt. His left hand is on top of the wall and you can't tell me his right hand is not beyond that and the hands that actually make contact with the ball are even beyond his hand! 100% correct call.
I agree! 100% correct call!
That Mookie Betts is awesome.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.

I can’t see shit.

Edit. Now I can see it. I stil think it was a home run and I’m a Sox fan. I stayed up and watched the whole game.

Last edited:

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
2qj96a9.jpg

00slvrL

RIP 05.18.2013
Established Member
The mistake happened by Joe, he saw it from the same angle as the rest of us, straight on, Betts is at the wall jumping 4 feet in the air to reach for the ball, it's clearly a homerun and then possible pending interference. How he saw interference from his angle when no one else including MLB can 'confirm' what he saw.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
As a Red Sox fan I admit it was the wrong call.

If it was reversed I woulda been pissed off.

I think the Sox lose tonight and eventually win the series.

Sox are looking tough, think y’all definitely go on to take the series. I love my Stros, but they aren’t giving me that team of destiny vibe like last year.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Sox are looking tough, think y’all definitely go on to take the series. I love my Stros, but they aren’t giving me that team of destiny vibe like last year.
Sox are loaded. Lineup is strong and defense except for 3rd is great especially the outfield. Manager is solid and if the Astros win tonight Fenway will be a ****in huge home field advantage. Only weakness is the closer.
Sales should be very close to 100%.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Sox are loaded. Lineup is strong and defense except for 3rd is great especially the outfield. Manager is solid and if the Astros win tonight Fenway will be a ****in huge home field advantage. Only weakness is the closer.
Sales should be very close to 100%.

You guys gotta great skipper, poached him from us :D

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member

They didn't finish with the best record for no reason! Very good team. I wish Altuve and Correa were 100%. I think that'd make a big difference, but it is what it is. I think we win tonight and possibly game 6 to force a game 7, which would be awesome.

Huge strikeout on mooky.

I'm sure glad it was because that 3-2 pitch to Bradley Jr was 1000% strike 3.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
They didn't finish with the best record for no reason! Very good team. I wish Altuve and Correa were 100%. I think that'd make a big difference, but it is what it is. I think we win tonight and possibly game 6 to force a game 7, which would be awesome.

I'm sure glad it was because that 3-2 pitch to Bradley Jr was 1000% strike 3.

Ump is shaky at best.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
**** me sideways, well it ain’t over, but it’s over. Congrats Boston, now go kick the shit out of whoever wins the dodger/brewers pillow fight.

Users who are viewing this thread