Official 2018 MLB thread

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Again, I have no problem with this kind of stuff and if you get caught the league hands down some token punishment.
Now if people want to focus on something really worthy of punishment, look no further than what Manny Machado did kicking the Brewers first baseman. Clearly intentional.

bingo, teams have been trying to steal signals, spy on each other, corked bats, doctored balls since the game began. If you aren't cheating, then you ain't trying hard enough.

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
Again, I have no problem with this kind of stuff and if you get caught the league hands down some token punishment.
Now if people want to focus on something really worthy of punishment, look no further than what Manny Machado did kicking the Brewers first baseman. Clearly intentional.

That was so scummy. I have never liked that dude.

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member

bingo, teams have been trying to steal signals, spy on each other, corked bats, doctored balls since the game began. If you aren't cheating, then you ain't trying hard enough.

I don't fully agree. If you give someone credentials and their only intention is to sneak around to cheat then that is just grimy.

00slvrL

RIP 05.18.2013
Established Member
Joe West strikes again, that ball was not in the field of play. MLB should be ashamed to uphold that.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Joe West strikes again, that ball was not in the field of play. MLB should be ashamed to uphold that.

i1lnpt.jpg

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Bradley Jr. is doing what Martinez should be doing. J.D. should be ashamed of himself. The only one who's been worse than him is Brock Holt.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Wow, what an incredible finish, in both halves of the ninth.

Even though the Altuve call was the wrong call by rule, to me it was the right call. Betts' glove was right there and players should be allowed to make a play on a hit ball. And I'm not just saying that as a biased fan.

Kimbrel is a bum.

96gt02

Established Member
As someone who is not rooting for either team in the ALCS I do think that Mookie would have absolutely caught that ball had in not been for the fans however it was clearly a home run and at that point its fair game to both him and the fans and should have been a home run by the rules.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Wow, what an incredible finish, in both halves of the ninth.

Even though the Altuve call was the wrong call by rule, to me it was the right call. Betts' glove was right there and players should be allowed to make a play on a hit ball. And I'm not just saying that as a biased fan.

Kimbrel is a bum.

Agree.

Disagree.

Agree.

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
I fully believe that Craig Kimbrel is trying to kill off every Red Sox fan via the heart attack. He is so bad right now it is downright scary.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
I have another take on the Altuve International Incident. The ball hit Betts' glove and came back into the field of play so could/should have that been a live ball? Or ground ruled double since it also touched a fan in the stands? Why automatically assume HR?

00slvrL

RIP 05.18.2013
Established Member
I thought fans that interfere are automatically ejected, no ejection last night.
It's a bunk call and the Astros will just have to overcome it.
Boston better hope they finish this team off.

96gt02

Established Member
I have another take on the Altuve International Incident. The ball hit Betts' glove and came back into the field of play so could/should have that been a live ball? Or ground ruled double since it also touched a fan in the stands? Why automatically assume HR?
you are correct... I would also be ok with a double, I did not see the play live and when it was originally explained to me, my first thought was why wasnt it a double if it wasnt caught and didnt go out.... Again this was without seeing it.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member

It also hit the fan's hands which makes it a HR.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
It also hit the fan's hands which makes it a HR.

I think I get now why replay ruled it inconclusive and now I think it was the correct call. The ball was obviously clearing the wall but that's not the issue. To use a football analogy you have to draw an imaginary line straight up from the top of the wall and if the fans hands break that plane then now they're in the field of play. And in my opinion its inconclusive but if I were to have to guess I would say they did break that plane.

Users who are viewing this thread