Official 2018 Formula 1 thread

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
Ricciardo to join Hulkenberg at Renault for 2019

Ricciardo to Renault next season. Huge step backwards IMO. He went from back of the front runners to the front of the midfield. I hope he proves me wrong. But I don’t see Renault competing with the big 3 any time soon. Hell, they struggle so beat Haas most weekends.

Plus, I think RBR is going to surprise a lot of people with the Honda P/U next season.

I’m thinking Carlos Sainz is finally going to get his chance in the Red Bull big boy car. Good for him.

I love silly season.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
giphy.gif

Coiled03

Established Member
Ricciardo to join Hulkenberg at Renault for 2019

Ricciardo to Renault next season. Huge step backwards IMO. He went from back of the front runners to the front of the midfield. I hope he proves me wrong. But I don’t see Renault competing with the big 3 any time soon. Hell, they struggle so beat Haas most weekends.

Plus, I think RBR is going to surprise a lot of people with the Honda P/U next season.

I’m thinking Carlos Sainz is finally going to get his chance in the Red Bull big boy car. Good for him.

I love silly season.

Da fuq is Ricciardo thinking? Does he want to get away from Vercrashen so bad that he'll take anything?

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
Da fuq is Ricciardo thinking? Does he want to get away from Vercrashen so bad that he'll take anything?

RBR's entire problem this generation was the Renault PU. They finally move to Honda (a much improved Honda that has at times impressed in the TR) and he jumps ship out of the Red Bull frying pan and back to a Renault fire.

Renault hasn't been relevant in over a decade..lol

Yep. The last time they were worth their salt, their car was blue and yellow and Alonso was behind the wheel.

I do think they have made some huge strides over the last few years. But they are still years away from being a top tier team again. And by then, the new regulations will be in place and they will be back at square one.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
****kk

What the hell man..

I wonder if they offered him an enormous salary.

I was hoping he would go to Mercedes so I could root for a guy who could win often. Or Haas, because I can't stand Grossjean and Haas is at least American.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
RBR's entire problem this generation was the Renault PU. They finally move to Honda (a much improved Honda that has at times impressed in the TR) and he jumps ship out of the Red Bull frying pan and back to a Renault fire.

Yep. The last time they were worth their salt, their car was blue and yellow and Alonso was behind the wheel.

I do think they have made some huge strides over the last few years. But they are still years away from being a top tier team again. And by then, the new regulations will be in place and they will be back at square one.

Fernando was one of the best hires Flavio Briatore ever made, well aside from bringing Schumacher to Benetton.

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
Lawrence Stroll & Co. just bought Force India. I have a feeling that Lance will be driving the Pepto Rocket alongside Perez as soon as Spa.

Other silly season predictions:
MB AMG makes a big investment in Williams to keep the struggling, iconic team on the grid and turns them into their own Ferrari/Haas.
Ocon moves to a MUCH improved Williams.
Sainz back into the Red Bull fold but this time at RBR to partner Max.
Kimi stays at Ferrari.
LeClerc to Haas.
Alonso stays with McLaren.
Grosjean out.
Vandoorne out.
Sirotkin out.

Coiled03

Established Member
OK, guess I'll be the one who's surprised, then. I wouldn't have been surprised to see him leave McLaren for another team. But leaving F1 entirely is a different story.

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
OK, guess I'll be the one who's surprised, then. I wouldn't have been surprised to see him leave McLaren for another team. But leaving F1 entirely is a different story.

He wants to go somewhere to win now. MB is already set with Bottas and Hamilton, Ferrari doesn’t want him back, and Christian Horner is on record saying that RBR isn’t interested in him due to the drama he brings.

Coiled03

Established Member
He wants to go somewhere to win now. MB is already set with Bottas and Hamilton, Ferrari doesn’t want him back, and Christian Horner is on record saying that RBR isn’t interested in him due to the drama he brings.

Drama? That's rich, when you have Vercrashen in the stable.

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
Drama? That's rich, when you have Vercrashen in the stable.

Sorry, chaos, not drama. The exact quote is:

“I’ve got huge respect for Fernando. He’s a great, fantastic driver, but it would be very difficult to see. He’s tended to cause a bit of chaos wherever he’s gone. I’m not sure it would be the healthiest thing for the team for Fernando to join.”

Coiled03

Established Member
Rumor is McLaren has purchased 4 IndyCar chassis. If true, I wonder who their lead driver might be.....hmmmm.

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
Well this isn't looking good for my predictions:

Lawrence Stroll & Co. just bought Force India. I have a feeling that Lance will be driving the Pepto Rocket alongside Perez as soon as Spa.

Other silly season predictions:
MB AMG makes a big investment in Williams to keep the struggling, iconic team on the grid and turns them into their own Ferrari/Haas.
Ocon moves to a MUCH improved Williams.
Sainz back into the Red Bull fold but this time at RBR to partner Max.
Kimi stays at Ferrari.
LeClerc to Haas.
Alonso stays with McLaren.
Grosjean out.
Vandoorne out.
Sirotkin out.

Coiled03

Established Member
That wreck at Pocono today was CRAZY! Yeah, this is an F1 thread, but I thought I'd mention it.

Users who are viewing this thread