Official 2017 NFL thread

colin450

Established Member
Patriots sign Stephon Gilmore. If Butler doesn't get an offer sheet, him and Gilmore probably give the Patriots the best secondary in the league. If Butler leaves, the Patriots get a first round pick this year. Bill Belichick playing chess while all the other dumb teams play checkers. See everyone at Super Bowl LII.

Branhammer

Established Member
Julius Thomas to Miami, working under Gase again. Gase was his OC in Denver when he made 2 pro bowls.
Dropped Branden Albert. Good. He got way too much money to be hurt all the time. Now Tunsil will be the full-time LT.
Re-signed Andre Branch, so the D-line is good to go.
Re-signed Kenny Stills for a $8m/year, which is not bad considering other teams wanted to give him $10m-$12m.

Just need to sign 2 Guards, 2 LBs, and one more CB in the draft/FA and maybe give an extension to Dion Simms.

I can't remember a time the Dolphins went into the draft with this few holes to fill.

scott_0

Established Member
so Romo to Houston or no???? making room to bring him in or?.........and lmao at dumb ass Jerry Jones smh says he's releasing Romo few days ago, then tries to hold onto him to see what teams will give for him, well dumb ass, they aren't giving you ANYTHING for him! teams know you have no choice but to release him

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge on Tapatalk

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Patriots sign Stephon Gilmore. If Butler doesn't get an offer sheet, him and Gilmore probably give the Patriots the best secondary in the league. If Butler leaves, the Patriots get a first round pick this year. Bill Belichick playing chess while all the other dumb teams play checkers. See everyone at Super Bowl LII.

Best secondary in the league? C'mon now. I'm not being a homer but they aren't better than the Broncos.

LMAO at the Texans. I can't believe they wanted out of that deal so bad.

scott_0

Established Member
Eagles got Wentz some help at WR! Jeffrey and Smith will help, 1yr deal for Jeffrey is odd, but I'll take it

colin450

Established Member
Best secondary in the league? C'mon now. I'm not being a homer but they aren't better than the Broncos.

LMAO at the Texans. I can't believe they wanted out of that deal so bad.

I guess we'll find out this year. Aqib Talib had a good year but he isn't getting any younger.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Yeah as a Denver fan I'm not too thrilled about getting Romo, he just never seemed to really have it when it counted in Dallas.

Nothing changed for Dallas this year. Still couldn't win the big game.

Patriots traded for Dwayne Allen from the Colts. Don't know too much about him but having 2 pass catching TEs has been their philosophy for a while.

Its more like a backup plan for the inevitable Gronkowski season ending injury.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Houston is either going to get Romo or Cutler, and the other will go to Denver.

Got help the team who gets Cutler, i will pray for you.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
That's freaking hilarious and sad kinda.

No, it's glorious! Dumping Brock and his contract, freeing up immediate cap space, for a 2nd round pick? I'll take it! Plus we bump our 6th round to a 4th round this year. Now we just have to actually do something with the space besides shit on a plate and eat it. I'll gladly take Romo if the money is right, and still draft a QB in the first round.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I can't stop LMFAO @ the Browns..its relief to know there is a GM out there worse than our own Rick Smith... :D

1024x1024.jpg

Osweiler-trash-quarterback-1024x797.jpg

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
No, it's glorious! Dumping Brock and his contract, freeing up immediate cap space, for a 2nd round pick? I'll take it! Plus we bump our 6th round to a 4th round this year. Now we just have to actually do something with the space besides shit on a plate and eat it. I'll gladly take Romo if the money is right, and still draft a QB in the first round.

Oh yeah I agree its brilliant on Houston's side. This is kinda unprecedented, I can't recall something like this ever happening with a "franchise QB". I'm no Houston fan but even a blind man could see that team is only a good/decent QB away from being in the AFC Championship game. Romo will come at a good price to whomever he goes to IMO. It needs to be beaten into his head to get rid of the ball and take as few hits as possible. You'd think someone with his injury history would know this and adjust accordingly.

Anyway, let me go look at Detroit's wire to see who we're signing.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Lets not get cocky either. See 2007. Butler is good, not great, still has growing to do and Gilmore was inconsistent. I hope they perform great and Gilmore is an upgrade over Logan but still time will tell.

Nothing changed for Dallas this year. Still couldn't win the big game.

Its more like a backup plan for the inevitable Gronkowski season ending injury.

Backup plan? Dwayne Allen is not exactly reliable either. Great TE but is plagued with injuries as well. I expect them to go double TE plan like the Aaron Hernandez days.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Oh yeah I agree its brilliant on Houston's side. This is kinda unprecedented, I can't recall something like this ever happening with a "franchise QB". I'm no Houston fan but even a blind man could see that team is only a good/decent QB away from being in the AFC Championship game. Romo will come at a good price to whomever he goes to IMO. It needs to be beaten into his head to get rid of the ball and take as few hits as possible. You'd think someone with his injury history would know this and adjust accordingly.

Anyway, let me go look at Detroit's wire to see who we're signing.
Agreed, Houston is pretty much a QB away from being a championship caliber team. It was a win win situation for both teams, Browns pretty much lost nothing at all either, they bought a 2nd round pick. Now they’re expecting to cut RG3 and the inevitable Brock as well. Space cap for them at the moment means nothing and they have plenty of it, stacking on those drafts is a big win for them.

Now far as the drafting itself…. well….. thats a different story.

They are either trying to draft big or are putting a big package for Belichick for Jimmy G. Considering Jimmy had said “Peace out” to Boston earlier.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Backup plan? Dwayne Allen is not exactly reliable either. Great TE but is plagued with injuries as well. I expect them to go double TE plan like the Aaron Hernandez days.

Well that's not good. 2 injury prone tight ends? They'll need a back up plan for the back up plan.

They are either trying to draft big or are putting a big package for Belichick for Jimmy G. Considering Jimmy had said “Peace out” to Boston earlier.

I read that was a hoax.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Well that's not good. 2 injury prone tight ends? They'll need a back up plan for the back up plan.

I read that was a hoax.
Should be interesting on Belichick to be doing this. IDK if it was a hoax or not, I saw it on my IG feed earlier today from his account. Of course its deleted now but still came from him.

Fuzzy Logic

ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן
Established Member
Eagles got Wentz some help at WR! Jeffrey and Smith will help, 1yr deal for Jeffrey is odd, but I'll take it

the one year deal was odd at first, but if you look at where jeffrey is coming from.. suspension, injuries, and the like -- then you realize it's a prove it deal (lease with an option to buy). if the wheels fall off, the eagles aren't stuck with a long term contract. essentially, both the smith and jeffrey contracts are one year deals. if neither works out, they can move on from both without much cap implications for next year.

scott_0

Established Member
the one year deal was odd at first, but if you look at where jeffrey is coming from.. suspension, injuries, and the like -- then you realize it's a prove it deal (lease with an option to buy). if the wheels fall off, the eagles aren't stuck with a long term contract. essentially, both the smith and jeffrey contracts are one year deals. if neither works out, they can move on from both without much cap implications for next year.
I agree, win win for both parties, but if Jeffrey kills it, we could be left holding our dicks if he walks lol

Fuzzy Logic

ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן
Established Member
I agree, win win for both parties, but if Jeffrey kills it, we could be left holding our dicks if he walks lol

if alshon is killing it, i expect a mid-season extension if not something to be worked out before free agency next year. we know jeffrey is a legitimate #1 when he's on point, up there with the best in the league, so i do expect him to produce.

another positive?

this one year deal will be him trying to show the world he deserves that big payday, which means he'll have a LOT of motivation to produce, stay healthy, and not eff up. this can only (hopefully) mean positive things for the birds this year at his position.

Users who are viewing this thread