Officer at my house?

d3m01iti0n

Slow Vehicle Team
Established Member
I was driving home last night, when this kid in an A4 with a fart pipe gives me a flyby. I dont think anything of it. He slows back down and gets behind me and as we come around a curve there is an cruiser in the intersection helping out with a car being towed. No big deal.

I live about ten minutes away from this spot, next town over. I arrive home, Im there for maybe twenty minutes when there is a knock on the door. Its an officer from my town (Im assuming) who asks about "a little duel I had with an Audi". This was the last thing I expected. I tell him I know the Audi he's talking about, but there was no race, just some punk kid giving me a flyby. So he asks for my license, runs it, and tells me to "not put myself in a position that makes it look like Im racing".

Really? Im guessing that since the Audi wasnt pulled over after his flyby that no officers actually SAW what happened. Im also guessing the cop in the next intersection heard the fart pipe and saw us go by (and heard my relatively loud and noticeable car in front of it) and thought we had just raced, and called my town. If somebody SAW it, the Audi would have been pulled over and I wouldnt have been touched. But just because apparently somebody ASSUMES we raced, does that warrant an officer at my door, telling me to not put myself into "situations" that make it look like Im racing? Since I own a Cobra, am I not allowed to drive next to idiot ricers with fart pipes?

txyaloo

Established Member
Did you actually have a question?

I'm not sure why you gave him your license...

d3m01iti0n

Slow Vehicle Team
Established Member
Did you actually have a question?

I'm not sure why you gave him your license...

I suppose I was wondering if that was okay, to come to my house and ask about a situation that is purely speculation. And then make a statement about "not putting myself in situations" which seems completely ridiculous in my opinion.

He asked for my license. I was being polite and cooperative. Im also guessing that if the officer in the intersection is the one who called the noise in, then he took my plate as I went past. That lead them straight to my house, so they already know who I am. To the best of my knowledge, at this point it doesnt matter if he got my license or not.

NA_Cobra

Established Member
I wouldn't have gave him my license and I would have closed the door on him.

How did he know where you lived?

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
He knew where he lived based on that the previous officer actually got his License plate down in time. Otherwise.. It was a good guess I presume.

But thats a pain man. So even if you did race, what are you going to admit to it so he can give you a ticket for something no one saw? Kinda stupid to even pursue the situation if you ask me. But im not a cop so.

d3m01iti0n

Slow Vehicle Team
Established Member
Thanks for all the input guys. I didnt appreciate how the situation played out and thats why I was asking for advice or suggestions.

I wouldn't have gave him my license and I would
have closed the door on him.

Now here is another strange thing. I live with my gf, but I use my folks place for my mailing address. Its on my license, and was on a ticket I got a few months ago. But when I was at court to pay that fine, all my paperwork had my gfs address. I have NEVER used her address for anything. Yet they have it.

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
^ Now that is wierd. Didnt know the address was different. That is strange...

Must know your car then and have seen it at your house.. hopefully..

Gerage that shit mang!

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
I wouldn't have gave him my license and I would have closed the door on him.

So, you would have interfered and disrupted a L.E.O. conducting an investigation? That is not a wise move. Plus, I do not believe you would have done but are posturing on the internet.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Your lucky. Several years ago while on driving I85 around 11 at night, i nmy 95 Mustang GT and it was loaded down since i was going to Korea and wanted to take alot of stuff to my parents house. Had cruise control on at on 80, speed limit was 75. in right lane and came up to another sn95 green mustang. he was going slow so i passed him. got back over. later on down the road, he came blazing pass me. no biggy. about 15 mins later, he's in the right lane going slow again so i pass him. I get back over and he shoots over to the left lane and floors it. As he passes me, lights go off in the median and it's a police officer. He takes off and gets behind me, i pull over and he takes off for the other mustang. long story short..i was apparently doing 98 mph racing this guy. Nice way to leave the states for 15 months.

d3m01iti0n

Slow Vehicle Team
Established Member
Well my gf said a cop lives in this apartment building. She isnt sure if he's still here. He never has his cruiser here though. That makes me wonder if he just randomly ran my plate and/or updated my address once my car got a parking pass here.

I throw the car in my folks garage for the winter, but for now its my daily. Its right outside my window so I always have an eye on it.

I am quite possibly one of the very few white/blue striped Terminators in NH, let alone the US. Cops everywhere notice and grill me. So, yeah, not exactly inconspicuous.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
Well my gf said a cop lives in this apartment building. She isnt sure if he's still here. He never has his cruiser here though. That makes me wonder if he just randomly ran my plate and/or updated my address once my car got a parking pass here.

I throw the car in my folks garage for the winter, but for now its my daily. Its right outside my window so I always have an eye on it.

I am quite possibly one of the very few white/blue striped Terminators in NH, let alone the US. Cops everywhere notice and grill me. So, yeah, not exactly inconspicuous.

Paranoid much?

Users who are viewing this thread