off-road X-Pipe??

SVTshelby

Established Member
about to do an off-road x-pipe on my '09 gt500 its got pulley/jlt/tune and was just wondering what i should expect. i know its going to be louder, but how much? (I have the gt500KR axel backs installed) what kind of power increase will i see? cheapest? any info would be appreciated, thanks in advance

1time

Established Member
you will love it... dont expect alot of power increase but it will sound mean!!!!!!!!!!

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Sounds kinda ugly and raspy with KRs. I have them with 5GTs and they're WAY loud. Not raspy, but loud enough to get you a ticket just about anywhere.

bj

Van@RevanRacing

Sounds kinda ugly and raspy with KRs. I have them with 5GTs and they're WAY loud. Not raspy, but loud enough to get you a ticket just about anywhere.

bj

I sell the Stainless Works Off Road X-Pipe and have a number of customers who have used the off road x with the KR mufflers. I concur with bj. The KR's do not sound good with an off road pipe. You would likely need to go with a different axle back muffler set up if you do an off road x.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I have Magnaflows and a Lethal O/R and am I'm not thrilled. I love the Magnaflows, but once I added the O/R X, it kind of gave it a cheapy, hollow sound at cruising speeds. It's not raspy, it's deep and good volume, but the sound at cruising speeds or throttle blips is not for me. I think I'll be shopping for an H or a hi-flow catted X soon.

Yellow03snake

Established Member
I've got the Lethal o/r x with a Spimtech axleback... it's LOUD, like rattles the windows in my house loud, real raspy but I actually kinda like it

BigDan

Established Member
How does an O/R H sound with KR and manifolds sound?

It sounds great with my stock 2011 mufflers, but wonder how the KR's would sound.

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member
I am installing the MRT H-Pipe tomorrow with my FRPP (Borla) axle-backs. Did lots of research and it seems that the H pipe does not cost more than a few HP but the larger engine sound is why I bought it. A recent test showed the H pipe actually increased torque. It will probably be too loud with the Borla's and will change mufflers if it is.

bigpappy33

Just a GT
Established Member
I like the Borla (FRPP/Roush too) Stingers with the lethal O/R X. It isn't real raspy like I expected it to be. Sounds great cruising and at WOT. Don't get me wrong, its LOUD. But not raspy like some set ups I have heard.

[youtube_browser]C0ZTe0o2vvQ[/youtube_browser]

^WOT, you can gear better once I pass the camera.

[youtube_browser]U51RJsUGwM8[/youtube_browser]

^good part throttle sound and cruising. With a little WOT.

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member
Just installed the MRT H-pipe with my FRPP mufflers (Borla). Man is it loud! The tone is awesome but I will have to get new mufflers if I am to stay out of trouble. Will run them at MIR Sunday then change them. Anyone running the H-Pipe with stock mufflers?

SVTshelby

Established Member
this is probably gonna sound like a dumb question but are the frpp mufflers not the same thing as the GT500 KR's and the Borla? the reason i ask is that the borla mufflers look identical to the"KR's"

meterman

Established Member
Here's my 07 GT500 with KR mufflers and JBA off road x-pipe. At the track is sound so fricken BAD. Not sure if it's too loud on the street. When driving economically they sound fine, at WOT it's an understatement to say it's loud.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbbHE000X40"]YouTube - ‪Nelson Ledges 6-19-11.avi‬‏[/nomedia]

Last edited:

SVTshelby

Established Member
thanks for the sound clip, definitely not going to do an O/R X with the KR's. glad i waited on that purchase haha

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
if you go with an o/r pipe you are going to want a set of chambered mufflers such as the JBA or MMS mac's that a TS member sells

Users who are viewing this thread