Off-Road X Pipe Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ARC

Established Member
Can you use this off-road x pipe with the factory manifold and without long tube headers from bbk? Thanks

I currently have an axleback exhaust system only.

Link:http://www.americanmuscle.com/bbk-offroad-shorty-xpipe-2011gt.html

eh....nvm...I guess you have to have LT's. Some guy selling this X-pipe claims to have them on but not have LT's..weird. I'll have to clarify this.

Last edited:

Blackoyote

Established Member
Not from what the description says in at a minimum of 2 places. Do you want JUST an x pipe, or do you also want to get rid of the cats?

ARC

Established Member
Not from what the description says in at a minimum of 2 places. Do you want JUST an x pipe, or do you also want to get rid of the cats?

I want an off-road x pipe that deletes the cats. All I have right now is a Pypes Axleback Exhaust and an SF4 tuner on its way in the mail. I want to add the off-road x pipe for a BAMA Ghost Cam Tune. Also, it will provide much noise. very wow

ARC

Established Member

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Well it's actually one of the busiest parts of this place, and if you look, there's actually more viewing the 11-14 section than this one right now.

Blackoyote

Established Member
I'm sure the Pypes is good, but the Lethal has the best fitment from what most people say. Go in the 2011+ market and find one in there...when they pop up, people are usually wanting around $200 + shipping.

ARC

Established Member
I'm sure the Pypes is good, but the Lethal has the best fitment from what most people say. Go in the 2011+ market and find one in there...when they pop up, people are usually wanting around $200 + shipping.

I guess I have to be patient then. It's pretty expensive on their website and their discount codes are not working. They recently had a Father's Day sale. Anyway, thanks for the advice. I've been looking in the parts section and no one has a Pypes or LP.

Blackoyote

Established Member
If your main goal is to get rid of the cats for the power advantage and/or to run the ghost cam tune, just get some cat deletes. Jegs brand new ones are $130. I picked up some JBA ones that were part of a modular offroad X for $60 from Craigslist...never used or unwrapped.

ARC

Established Member
If your main goal is to get rid of the cats for the power advantage and/or to run the ghost cam tune, just get some cat deletes. Jegs brand new ones are $130. I picked up some JBA ones that were part of a modular offroad X for $60 from Craigslist...never used or unwrapped.

Not a bad idea - I never thought about that. I kind of want the off-road x pipe for its loudness and because it does increase HP.

So you're saying you don't need an off road x pipe to run the ghost cam tune? I know you can't have cats for the tune, just interested in your thoughts.

SHOdown220

Established Member
I had a bassani off road x on my s197 with factory manifolds and MagnaFlow axle backs. Picked it up off a guy from Craigslist for like 100 bucks in great shape. It was a good deal and sounded really good. Fair warning that shit was loud. Like set off car alarms just cruising through parking lots loud. If I still had the car I would probably switch to an off road h pipe though. The x is very raspy. Sounded awesome wide open but around 2k rpm or so it was really raspy

ARC

Established Member
I had a bassani off road x on my s197 with factory manifolds and MagnaFlow axle backs. Picked it up off a guy from Craigslist for like 100 bucks in great shape. It was a good deal and sounded really good. Fair warning that shit was loud. Like set off car alarms just cruising through parking lots loud. If I still had the car I would probably switch to an off road h pipe though. The x is very raspy. Sounded awesome wide open but around 2k rpm or so it was really raspy

I can't find anyone with an off-road x within < 100 miles except the one person who has a BBK off-road X (apparently without LT's). I am expecting loud. I've seen a few with off-road x's and I'm hoping I don't annoy the cops. I'm not going to be going WOT through the neighborhoods.

Blackoyote

Established Member
The x itself doesn't make the power (if it does, it's negligible)...it's removing the cats that makes the power. X pipes make a raspy sound, H pipe will make a more throaty deep sound.
You don't have to do an entire off road x or h pipe...you can get rid of JUST the cats. Cat delete pipe will bolt in between the factory headers and factory h pipe...

http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS+Performa...jlH-B-ebwwU9sHwtV8ZvUl9J9xfYgAtFFHeHSjDvD_BwE

ARC

Established Member
The x itself doesn't make the power (if it does, it's negligible)...it's removing the cats that makes the power. X pipes make a raspy sound, H pipe will make a more throaty deep sound.
You don't have to do an entire off road x or h pipe...you can get rid of JUST the cats. Cat delete pipe will bolt in between the factory headers and factory h pipe...

http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS+Performa...jlH-B-ebwwU9sHwtV8ZvUl9J9xfYgAtFFHeHSjDvD_BwE

I like the sound of the off-road x. Check out the link in my previous post. It looks like a good deal, right? Lot cheaper and the same direct bolt-on that should take < 1 hr to install.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread