off road mid pipe

dead man walkin

Established Member
So I decided its time to lose the cats, I want to keep an "H" pipe setup and prefer the option that I have seen where it allows you to swap your cats back in for emissions testing. I did a search on here with no results but I remember people saying a certain type of mid pipe always leaked? Also I can't weld exhaust so I'm looking at bolt up any help?

conway2004

Established Member
I would go with the JBA H pipe. Available in stainless steel and you can run with or without cats. Lethal performance has 10% off until like 11am today.

conway2004

Established Member
Have heard people say they had no problems with the JBA and others say they had fitment or leaking issues. I looked at getting the JBA but going to hold off. Apparently lethal performance's h pipe fits a lot better but they don't offer a stainless steel version.

NickSezz

Established Member
I run a Lethal right now. It does the job but the welds and fitment of the pipe onto the collector flange are not that nice.. Same goes for the JEGS delete pipes...

Like I said, they get the job done but the quality is not the best.

Kooks Custom headers is suppose to be releasing their own stainless mid-pipes to use with their new Super Street Headers or the stock manifolds. They will most likely cost a bit more but I am sure their quality will measure up to all of their other products. I will keep the forum members posted on the release of these new mid-pipes once I get word for testing : )

Last edited:

ViciousJay

Established Member
I run a Lethal right now. It does the job but the welds and fitment of the pipe onto the collector flange are not that nice.. Same goes for the JEGS delete pipes...

Like I said, they get the job done but the quality is not the best.

Kooks Custom headers is suppose to be releasing their own stainless mid-pipes to use with their new Super Street Headers or the stock manifolds. They will most likely cost a bit more but I am sure their quality will measure up to all of their other products. I will keep the forum members posted on the release of these new mid-pipes once I get word for testing : )

bought mine used with 100 miles on it and it took less then a year for it to rust thru. Wasnt a happy camper

dead man walkin

Established Member
Lethal j which ones rusted thru? The JBA cost the least I think but I thought people said they had problems with them also

ViciousJay

Established Member
Lethal j which ones rusted thru? The JBA cost the least I think but I thought people said they had problems with them also

Its Vicious :lol1:

the Lethal pipe which was one of the first rusted at the both ends of the right before the welds to the H. Lethal's fitment is GREAT but i should have painted the pipes before installing to ensure that rusting wouldnt have happened. Just get some deletes, youll thank us later, i mean how much power less is he gonna make 3 hp?!

Funny5.0

Established Member
just go with cat deletes, order from Jegs

Forgive me if this is a dumb question...
Are the Jegs cat deletes a direct bolt in to the stock exhaust system without any welding or modification?
I am seeking a similar solution as the op. I'd like to get rid of the cats for power and sound but need a quick,cheap and easy way to return to stock for emissions.

Last edited:

ViciousJay

Established Member
Forgive me if this is a dumb question...
Are the Jegs cat deletes a direct bolt in to the stock exhaust system without any welding or modification?
I am seeking a similar solution as the op. I'd like to get rid of the cats for power and sound but need a quick,cheap and easy way to return to stock for emissions.

100% direct bolt it! :beer: also ive heard they the fitment is also 95% good!

jjd975

Established Member
I put the JBA on my car last night. Direct bolt on, did it in my drive way. Great fit, nice piece. Souonds awesome with my gt500 ab, no drone at all. I bought the 3" to 2.75" pipe, not the pure 3".

Users who are viewing this thread