Off road h and magnaflows....wtf?

reef93

EVILNSIDE
Established Member
Just got home from having my off road h put on with my magnaflow catback....I freaking hate it! I was running a stock catted h with the magnaflow and it sounded good ,I just wanted it louder. This thing sounds like it has freaking glass packs on it.Not really what I was expecting. Im thinking of switching to some type of chambered muffler to quiet it back down, was thinking of a mac cat back. thoughts and opinions?

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
Just got home from having my off road h put on with my magnaflow catback....I freaking hate it! I was running a stock catted h with the magnaflow and it sounded good ,I just wanted it louder. This thing sounds like it has freaking glass packs on it.Not really what I was expecting. Im thinking of switching to some type of chambered muffler to quiet it back down, was thinking of a mac cat back. thoughts and opinions?

I have been there and done that. Go with MAC or Flowmaster and you will be happy.

reef93

EVILNSIDE
Established Member
Mine has the regular magnaflows on it also....just when I switched to the off road h it made mine sound horrible. I like it just cruising around if I dont get on it at all, not that bad. When you mash the throttle down it actually made small children cry.....lol

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
Mine has the regular magnaflows on it also....just when I switched to the off road h it made mine sound horrible. I like it just cruising around if I dont get on it at all, not that bad. When you mash the throttle down it actually made small children cry.....lol

excactly nice at idle/cruise brutal at WOT. but again thats how i like it.

Daniel

U.S Naval Power
Established Member

Sounds like a damn redneck truck lol. I got rid of mine for some Flowmaster Super 44's and it sounds deep. I would change those out for some Super 44's.:banana:

reef93

EVILNSIDE
Established Member
Just went ahead and ordered a mac catback, hopefully it will be in this week. Its got to sound better than this crap I have now:cuss: My friend is a mac dealer so I got a helluva deal on a new cat back.

reef93

EVILNSIDE
Established Member
That could be an option, but by the time I bought the cats and had them welded in there wouldnt be much of a price difference in what I have in the catback. Like I said I got a helluva deal on it. Its great to have friends who deal performance parts. I get him business he gives me his discount.....works for both of us...LOL:thumbsup:

Bill56

Established Member
LOL, I know what your talking about, I just put my BBK O/R xpipe yesterday, to make my borla stingers scream a little more, and OMG i cant even hear the blower anymore. It is crazy loud when you hit the gas, I dont like it really but it is fun, Im gonna get some cats welded in also

Jroc

Established Member
I must say I think that my Prochamber, and regular Magnaflows sound pretty damn good. I think a good h-pipe would sound just as good though.

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
It is all personal preference. I had Magnaflows with my stock H-Pipe and it sounded good. I went to a O/R Prochamber with the Mag's and it sounded like a 67 Chevy Grain Truck. I went from the Mag's to Super 44's and it sounded nice and deep, I liked it. I have finally settled with a UPR O/R X pipe and the Flowmaster Super 44's. Sounds ****ing awesome.

I don't have a vid but it sounds exactly like this video.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5eg9y41Mtg"]YouTube - SVT Mustang Cobra[/ame]

Last edited:

reef93

EVILNSIDE
Established Member
I really like the way that sounds, and I have to agree with you my car to me sounds like a damn farm truck...LOL Thanks everyone for all the input :beer:

KINGCOBRA86

Tvs @ 22psi ftw
Established Member
hers my mach i know its not a cobra but... i think the one chamber flows sound nice with a o/r x pipe... for the people who want to change to a chamber muffler here i go.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_LNzOwccqA"]YouTube - 2004 mach 1 o/r x pipe one chambers flows[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WIIqRs9-So"]YouTube - mach 1 busting up the rear[/ame]

Users who are viewing this thread