Off Duty Cops

Jens03GT

Established Member
It is rough living on this base because the military doesn't own it. It belongs to the queen........ Hense RAF ( Royal Air Force) Mildenhall. The nationals are standing outside all the gates causing problems. Not all the time, just enough to make people feel uncomfortable.

Don't get me wrong, it is not horrible out here. There are other places I would rather be, but there are a lot of great things about this place.
Theres London, which can be a lot of fun, the pubs-bars, stone hendge. Not too bad.

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
I was always curious about this, but how do people view Mustangs overseas (non-Americans, I mean)?

Jens03GT

Established Member
:D They love American muscle cars. They stare complusively almost so much that you kind of wonder if you would even trust leaving your car in a parking garage.

They have an event where all the American muscle cars of England get to together. You would be amazed to see how many British nationals have these cars. There is more than a handful.
:beer:

zzzzzer

Established Member
Thanks! :beer: I always imagined those overseas would love American muscle -- I suppose its similar to America's fascination with exotic imports.

Jens03GT

Established Member
Yeah pretty much. My friends and I will drive around in Firehawks and TA's some Cobras in some areas and people will stop us to tell us what bad ass cars we have. It feels real good. :thumbsup:

zzzzzer

Established Member
You see -- it kinda makes up for almost getting a ticket in that T/A...lol :thumbsup: j/k Seriously, stay safe over there.
:beer:

Jens03GT

Established Member
Yeah. It is cool. We have all these little british cars coming up to us and trying to race. Have you ever heard of a peugot. Those are tiny little cars. They look like ford fiestas. But damn these things hall ass. I think that one of our biggest compettitors on the highway is the M3. No shit huh.

zzzzzer

Established Member
I've seen the Peugot's. :D M3's over there must be pretty common. I had an uncle (I have a lot of military and/or police in the family) at Ramstein in Germany and he bought an M3 pretty cheap.

Jens03GT

Established Member
Oh yeah. BMW are cheap over here. I am in the process of buying a brand new 325i for only 27,000. We are talking fully loaded. That is a damn good deal. They are worth 40,000 back in the states used. Pretyty nice. But yeah , there are BMW's everywhere. :D

Users who are viewing this thread