Off Duty Cops

Jens03GT

Established Member
My friend and I were driving around country roads in here in England. There was this guy in front of us going 30mph in a 40. It is so annoying to be behind the person that does not tunderstand what a speed limit is. Well My friend and I decided to pass before the lanes merged. Yeah we hit the gas a little.............
okay, a lot. We got up to about 85 mph in his TA. We turned the corner up the road. We could not even see this guy in the rear view mirror. We pull up to the gate on base and headed to the BX.
Little did we know that this guy followed us on base all the way to the BX. We park the car and the guy comes up to window and asks my friend for his liscense and all this other crap. We had no idea that he was a cop until a cop car pulled up behind us and started talking to the guy that approached us . He told us that he was on way to work when we passed going 85 mph. Can you believe that this guy tried to give us a ticket for speeding !! My friend was going to sit there and take it. I said " Oh hell no." How can you prove that we were speeding if you did not clock us with anything? He was in his little 1 point nothing liter peice of s*** family car. I wasn't having that crap. The two cops discussed the issue and realized that they had no grounds to give us a ticket. We got off mostly. They got my friend for some crap but nothing big. The cops over here never surprise me. ;-)

Jens03GT

Established Member
no they aren't. They go miles per hour just like the states. I absolutely hate the way people drive over here.

LogiWorld123

Established Member
Originally posted by Jens03GT
no they aren't. They go miles per hour just like the states. I absolutely hate the way people drive over here.

So they use MPH and drive on the wrong side of the road... and i thought we were the odd ones in the world :)

if you want to see shoddy drivers, come to oklahoma.

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
I think South Carolina is up there in the "Top 10 list" of stupid drivers. There are so many instances, it's hard to remember just one. If you've been to SC, you probably know what I'm talking about. I hope other states aren't as bad as SC.

nyk438

Established Member

then move?

Heh, do a lot of ppl drive mini's there?

Jens03GT

Established Member
Yeah they drive on the wrong side of the ride. It took a little while to get used to it but it isn't so bad. It is better if you drive an American though.
There are not as many minis as you would think. I think that are more military people driving minis than the actuall British nationals.

Jens03GT

Established Member
There are so many thing over here that make absolutely no sense. For example: You could be driving down the HIGHWAY, and out of nowhere you will see a guy riding a horse in the shoulder. Did you know that horse has the right of way? People on bikes of the right of way. That is the worst when are running late for something and you stuck behind the guy on the bike. I did think that my car went that slow.

Jens03GT

Established Member
Oh and by the way, the " then Move idea," believe me it has crossed my mind , however, for those of you do not know how the military works...... I cannor move unitl the military tells me to. So, it is not that easy. If it was that easy I do not think that I would have come here to begin with.

Sinister Angel

Buh Bye !
There are so many thing over here that make absolutely no sense. For example: You could be driving down the HIGHWAY, and out of nowhere you will see a guy riding a horse in the shoulder. Did you know that horse has the right of way? People on bikes of the right of way. That is the worst when are running late for something and you stuck behind the guy on the bike. I did think that my car went that slow.

Turn the horse into glue ;)

Jens03GT

Established Member
No, my mustang is left hand drive. I shipped from the states.
And if you kill an animal over here you are very likely to get life in prison. Seriously. Especially a horse. :lol1: I think that is so funny once I think abou it.

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
And in England, there is no right of self defense. Try to defend yourself against a burglar (shoot one) and you spend life in prison while the burglar wins a civil suit because you deprived him of his livelihood (burglary)! I'm not making this up. Elect Democrats here and the U.S. will go the same way.

Jens03GT

Established Member
Well, after the war had kicked off we had issues with the nationals jumping the fences and picketing. The entire base received an email saying that we are allowed to use force if neccesary for self defense. They said ANY force. Deadly force was included. :burn:

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
Well, after the war had kicked off we had issues with the nationals jumping the fences and picketing. The entire base received an email saying that we are allowed to use force if neccesary for self defense. They said ANY force. Deadly force was included. :burn: - Jens03GT
:thumbsup: That's an international incident just waiting to happen...lol Seriously, be safe over there. :beer:

You could be driving down the HIGHWAY, and out of nowhere you will see a guy riding a horse in the shoulder. Did you know that horse has the right of way? - Jens03GT
Maybe they mean Mustangs and Ferraris. :-D

Last edited:

Jens03GT

Established Member
It is just a way for us to be able to protect ourselves. Before we were not allowed to do anything. I think an eye for an eye. You come at me you had better kill me. :bash:

I am not a violent person, but I do believe in self defense.:beer:

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
It is just a way for us to be able to protect ourselves. Before we were not allowed to do anything. I think an eye for an eye. You come at me you had better kill me. :bash:

I am not a violent person, but I do believe in self defense.:beer:
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaa-men. I couldn't agree more. I think many feel that way. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread