off duty cop pulls gun on kids for throwing snowballs

Status
Not open for further replies.

99cobra302

Established Member
i read this while at work today. sometimes i am completely surprised that some cops can be so pissy that they pull guns over some snow.

now i understand that the crowd was big, but there were already uniformed officers there handling the situation. no reason to pull a gun over some snow.

D.C. officer draws gun at snowball fight :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Nation

WASHINGTON -- Washington, D.C., police are investigating after Internet videos showed a detective waving his gun during a mass snowball fight on a city street.

Police said Monday they were looking into reports that the plainclothes officer pulled a gun after he and his personal car were hit by snowballs. Police say witness accounts and videos from the scene appeared to support the claims.

Hundreds of people were gathered for the snowball fight during Saturday's record snowstorm.

A video posted on YouTube showed the officer waving and pointing a gun as he walks toward the snowballers. Another video shows what appears to be the same man telling people he is a detective and that he pulled his gun because he was hit by snowballs.

sideways03

LS What?
Established Member
God forbid a detective be hit with a snowball in a place where hundreds of people have gathered for a snowball fight :bash:

Last

Established Member
So what are you in for?
aww me and my gang had a fight with another gang
what did ya'll use? handguns? ak47s? what?

Snowballs... lethal ones

Guido 04

Banned
the cop is right. i didnt even read the story but, the cop is right. cops are never wrong and if a 7 year old wants to act like a kid and have fun, and the cop decides he should die...well then junior's gotta go.

musclefan21

Established Member
i think people are out there to just to **** with police officers. I dont have sound here at work but it looked like they were just refusing to leave or stop that bullshit. That would throw off a lot of driver and cause accidents IMO. Yeah, i think those guns should have stayed in the holsters even though he didnt point his gun at anybody. time to change tampons for a lot of people :bored:

Last edited:

musclefan21

Established Member
the cop is right. i didnt even read the story but, the cop is right. cops are never wrong and if a 7 year old wants to act like a kid and have fun, and the cop decides he should die...well then junior's gotta go.

where did you get that information? i didnt see anybody die nor anybody said that somebody should die or tried to kill somebody.

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member
Wish the cop would have pushed me. The thing that is really sad is the uniform cop says go back to the snow ball fight. And the meeting place was promoted all over the internet as a fun get together...

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
So what are you in for?
aww me and my gang had a fight with another gang
what did ya'll use? handguns? ak47s? what?

Snowballs... lethal ones

hey, sometimes kids in junior high put rocks in snowballs. also, snowballs may in fact cause serious eye injuries (this remain unconfirmed at this time). come on, people. it's not all fun and games when you're patrolling the winter wonderland beat in your wannabe hummer.

btw, reference the thread in sd if you want to know where those two possibilities came from. i think they're ridiculous. but alas, i am only one man. lol.

Last edited:

musclefan21

Established Member
Wish the cop would have pushed me. The thing that is really sad is the uniform cop says go back to the snow ball fight. And the meeting place was promoted all over the internet as a fun get together...

and? just because it was promoted online means it was ok? I need to watch that video again when i get home but it looked it was right at an intersection. nice fun get together location. :bored:

kwkshift

Established Member
Too bad someone didn't put a grenade in a snowball and hit him with it.

WeeZee

Member of NMRA
Established Member
Laws are for a reason when u throw an object of any kind at someone it is considered asult. U will go to jail over an asult charge especially to a undercover detective

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
Laws are for a reason when u throw an object of any kind at someone it is considered asult. U will go to jail over an asult charge especially to a undercover detective

Going to school and learning proper grammar and spelling, before you spout off legal advice, would certainly be helpful :loser:

WeeZee

Member of NMRA
Established Member
Going to school and learning proper grammar and spelling, before you spout off legal advice, would certainly be helpful :loser:

I went to and also a lifetime Alumni of the University of Michigan but nobody is perfect my friend

SparkSVT

Established Member
I just watched the video. The cop never pointed his weapon at anyone. I have no problem with him having it in his hand when facing a crowd of that size. Who knows what they are going to throw at that cop. One guy is heard in the audio bitching about the cop using deadly force. Having your sidearm in your hand is not deadly force. People just love to antagonize Police and are complete assho les. I see nothing wrong in the video except that there is a crowd of asshats taunting Police . You plant corn, you get corn.

RYU583

HADOOOUKENNN
Established Member
^ kinda agree...
While he was retarded for holding his gun in the first place, he did have to be ready for anything. He also did not directly point his weapon at anyone so I don't really see a problem.
I also agree intersection not the best place to have such a gathering, but they did help with cars getting stuck

oh well..... let kids have fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread