# of 03/04 Cobra owners?

DOHC

Just Mod It
Established Member
F the search. I tryed it several times, with different word's and different languages. I was just wondering how many of the over 19,000 03/04 Cobra owners actully post on this site. Or use any site for that matter. Has anyone tryed doing a head count or something like this? I feel this is important info. for us. Because some of the info. I read on a lot of these site's are not what is realy going on in the real world. Not all, just some. I feel a lot of people are being misled on a number of things, like mainly some of these so called mod's. I'm shure I will get some heat. I am not trying to point any finger's. I just feel that a small number of people that actully use the internet to talk about what mod's they have done, what works and what doesnt. If say 3000 people post there story of the mods they have done or the problems that they have had. whats the other 16000 people's story?

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
There really isn't but a small actual number of owners that post here in great length. You basically have a diehard core membership.

I'm sure that we could figure this out, but I don't think anyone has before.

Many owners that I run into in the real world RARELY have more than a KN (drop in or kit), and a catback of some kind. This has just been my observations over the past 3 years in my area.

IF they have had problems, it has been the AC clunk(tsb), or the steering creak/pop (tsb), or the rear end issues (various, some TSB). All owners (~10-15) said that they had all of these issues resolved at a dealer.

For those here that do choose to share their experiences about mods, I don't think that, on average, the posts here are misleading. If an outside person came in and properly read the posts, searched, spoke with various vendors, they would easily find out what works/doesn't work, as well as the proper order to perform said mods in.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
DOHC, can you elaborate on your statement, " I feel a lot of people are being misled on a number of things, like mainly some of these so called mod's"? I'm confused.

ArmaN

Established Member
i just recently started coming here for information and i found everything to be clear cut and simple. there are some great people here with years of experience who are nice enough to help someone like me who has absolutely no experience with v8 supercharged.(ie cobrabob)

on top of that their are great vendors who if i may quote one "bend over BACKWARDS for their customers"(just breaking balls :beer: )this is all in all a great place to get solid information for brand new cobra owners like me.

also i'd be suprised if the number of active 03-04 cobra owners on this website was above 200. keyword active.

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
please be more specific

what search terms did you use? perhaps we can help you improve your search skills.

how are people being misled? be specific.

what makes you feel a head count is so important? Its probably a safe assumption that every terminator that hasnt been totalled out still has an owner.

DOHC said:
F the search. I tryed it several times, with different word's and different languages. I was just wondering how many of the over 19,000 03/04 Cobra owners actully post on this site. Or use any site for that matter. Has anyone tryed doing a head count or something like this? I feel this is important info. for us. Because some of the info. I read on a lot of these site's are not what is realy going on in the real world. Not all, just some. I feel a lot of people are being misled on a number of things, like mainly some of these so called mod's. I'm shure I will get some heat. I am not trying to point any finger's. I just feel that a small number of people that actully use the internet to talk about what mod's they have done, what works and what doesnt. If say 3000 people post there story of the mods they have done or the problems that they have had. whats the other 16000 people's story?

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
Of the 1/2 dozen or so Cobra owners that I know personally, I'm the only one active on this site. Mostly because the others have families and don't spend alot of personal time on the web. Kids & stuff, y'know. They listen to what I pick up here and one goes to the same speed shop I do (HPP Racing/Lewisville, Tx) on my recommendation. Cobra owners are no different than any other group of owners. Some just want a nice hotrod to drive and could care less about forums like this and the other extreme are the owners who spend their entire waking moment on this board to stay up on all the posts. I think, without a doubt, we have a fair representation on this board and the input is honest and valuable. Some mods work and some don't and I haven't found anyone leading anyone else down the wrong path. Put internet activity in perspective and you'll find this and other boards are very useful for those that use them. For the others, they'll have to find out by word of mouth or experience. Have fun and good luck to you.

eiblish

Established Member
:coolman: I am sure the owner of this forum could give us facts and figures to precisely answer your question. A rough cut of the member list shows 111 pages of members signing up,with approximately 30 members per page....so over 3,000 in total have shown interest in the forum of some sort.

I spend most of my time on the forum learning from guys who are ahead of me in their knowledge of the car and its mod potential, and I guess most members fall into the same category. Owners who are totally stock and intend to stay that way (and again my guess is that they are the majority) have less motivation to post here. I question whether the forum would really be such a mine of helpful information if it became just a "chat show"?

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Of the 18,000 +/- Terminator owners running around, I'd estimate that approximately 3,000 of them are members of SVTP. And, as has been stated above, the majority of these don't post much, but will troll around pretty actively.

The MACA has 184 members, all of whom are members of SVTP, and 130 of whom are Terminator owners. About half of the membership is active in posting on the Forums, but the other half will stay active on the site, although not much posting.

But, it's absurd to state that there is a lot of misleading information on SVTP's Terminator Forums that stays uncorrected.......There may be some threads that start out that way, but they certainly don't stay that way! There are some pretty sharp and experienced Cobra owners on this site and they're not going to let very much misinformation go uncorrected for very long.

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
Of the 8 Cobra's in our club I am the only one who posts here. So 1/8 is 12.5% of the population sample here, and I would think that is high.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
DOHC said:

When you can't spell to save your life... the search will not be much help!!!

Mod away genius!!!
Everybody is full of crap except you!!! :rollseyes

BLK04

Established Member
DOHC said:
Because some of the info. I read on a lot of these site's are not what is realy going on in the real world. I feel a lot of people are being misled on a number of things, like mainly some of these so called mod's.

Id like to know what you believe we are being misled about?

Users who are viewing this thread