Odd Problem, Check Engine Light But no Code

viper82489

Established Member
So I got the cobra running last weekend after being under the knife for the winter and have this odd problem. The car starts and runs fine but the check engine light is on, when I plug my tuner in it says the there is no trouble codes found.

Also when I view the real time data on the IAT2 its going crazy, this is probably why the light is on but you would think it would throw a code when the iat2 is 65,000.

I took a quick vid of what it was doing.
th_VIDEO0001.jpg

So I guess my question is what would cause this? Bad sensor? Also if the ecu is seeing this ridiculous temp would it hurt to drive the car?

Thanks.

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
the iat2 sensor is most likely biased. unplug the sensor and see if you get a circuit code. with the sensor unplugged, your tuner should not have a reading. or it might default to ridiculously high or low.

If when inplugged, the tuner is still picking up the signal, then you have either a short to ground on the power side or a short to power on the ground side.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
the iat2 sensor is most likely biased. unplug the sensor and see if you get a circuit code. with the sensor unplugged, your tuner should not have a reading. or it might default to ridiculously high or low.

If when inplugged, the tuner is still picking up the signal, then you have either a short to ground on the power side or a short to power on the ground side.

:thumbsup::rockon::beer:

I like this post!:thumbsup:

hotcobra03

Established Member
ive had times my predator wouldnt read codes and ses is on..

sometimes if i start over it works the 2nd time..

ive also had codes read at like autozone when i cant get in

viper82489

Established Member
I had the same thing happen to me today....did you figure out what it was or anymore suggestions?

Yeah, when I was burping the coolant system some coolant came out and got on the sensor (I'm guessing). I pulled the sensor out cleaned it and put it back and everything was fine.

Is your IAT2 going crazy like mine was, or do you just have a CEL and your tuner wont read a code? If its the latter I would try with a regular code reader a see what that gets you. Also I'm not entirely sure that the sensor had coolant on it but after I cleaned it everything was fine.

Hope that helps

-Kevin

Cobra-Gobra

Established Member
Yeah, when I was burping the coolant system some coolant came out and got on the sensor (I'm guessing). I pulled the sensor out cleaned it and put it back and everything was fine.

Is your IAT2 going crazy like mine was, or do you just have a CEL and your tuner wont read a code? If its the latter I would try with a regular code reader a see what that gets you. Also I'm not entirely sure that the sensor had coolant on it but after I cleaned it everything was fine.

Hope that helps

-Kevin

I didn't check the IAT2 but cleared the SES light on Tuesday night and it hasn't come on since, this is my dd car.
A little backround on why it was on at one time. The SES light came on and threw two codes of P0171 and P1000. With the help of this board, led to me to replace my PCV hose from the drivers side valve cover and the hose from the back of the blower....both were cracked and leaking bad.
The car sat for sometime before I replaced the hoses and when I did replace them, the SES light was off. Drove the car for two days and it came on again with no codes shown from my Predator tuner. I cleared the SES light and it's been good now for three days.....hopefully it's off for good now.

Thanks guys for the help in this :coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread