Obesity by state, how does your rank?

terrible one

American Made
Established Member
The thing that you have to realize is that the BMI calculation that consideres people Obease is completely irrevelant because it doesn't take bone mass and muscle mass into consideration when doing this calculation.

I am considered obease... I am 6'2" 255 lbs... but most of my weight is muscle. I lift weights 6 times a week and do cardio 3-4 times in the morning each week. my body fat percentage is around 9% but yet I am still considered obease. They need to come up with a better way to measure obeasity because right now pretty much everyone in the NFL is obease.

By the BMI standards I would have to weigh 190 lbs to be considered normal weight... which is rediculous I would be skin and bones at that weight.

I agree, however, there isn't much of an arguement that the US as a whole is getting fatter. Obesity related diseases are the 2nd leading cause of preventable deaths here behind smoking.

fa110ut

Established Member
10th. :nonono:

People sure do love their Bojangles around these parts...

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
Thats just obesity I think which is 30%, there are a lot of people that qualify in the 25-29 percent you would call fat. And yes BMI is older tech. but go out in public and look for yourself, the few people who get classified as obese because of muscle are far far far and few in between. Its not like we all live in south beach.

America is fat, look at the thunder thighs and guts next time you visit a mall.

Tractorman

Greatest dad; Regional Qualifier
Established Member
For BMI, for every person it says is "obese" but it isn't, misses some skinny dick that's completely out of shape but says it's healthy.

SVT4ME

Established Member
Wow I expect Nevada to be higher. I mean with all the bad habits this state has and the heat the keeps you locked in the house

ThrottleJunkie

God Bless Silicone
Established Member
Not surprised by the top 5. That's what southern cookin does to ya. You can only eat so many fried twinkies/chicken/insert-favorite-food-here-cuz-chances-are-they-fry-that-too before you start breakin chairs and fallin outta the bottom of your shirt.

WutApex

Wut Apex!?!
Established Member
#51!!! :dancenana: < See that?...that's exercise. You southern states need to put down the :pop:

No wonder medical insurance is so high. If you want to pig out, at least :xpl: afterward

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Do these statistics take into consideration the new Camaro, which as we all know is a giant freaking pig, or is this just human beings we're talking about?

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member
hell yeah...S.C. finally made the top 10 in something....oh crap, wait a minute........

As already stated not surprised that many southern states are at the top....you know how many fried food dishes we have down here....hell they even have fried snickers....how many states do you know that have figured out how to fry ice cream.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread