Obama's to announce new auto mileage, emission standards

SpdPilot

Established Member
The story you posted is not accurate....IT IS WORSE....There was one article out today with more details and you just got to read it....I think it is more accurate since it is in Europe and the news over there has no reason to sugar coat things....

Barack Obama reveals dramatic new emissions standards for US cars - Times Online

You need to read it. Here are some important parts......

"by 2016 most passenger cars must reach 39 miles per US gallon"

They use the word "MOST", so what do think they are going to do to those who buy cars who don't get that mileage? Pay to Play Baby!! And certainly the General Mustang GT will not be able to hit that number with a V8. The general V8 Mustang is going away. It will be replaced by a aerodynamic body with a Ecoboost (turbo) V6. I guarantee it.

Here is another quote also worth seeing....

"another $50 billion in low-cost loans to help them to retool their plants to make smaller cars"

In short, more money out of our pockets for Green vehicles and soon the Government will have a hand in Ford as well. Wow!

And you can say good buy to your older project Mustangs.....

"dubbed “Cash for Clunkers”, which would give vouchers worth up to $4,000 to consumers who turn in a car that gets 18mpg or worse "

So you have the beat up Fox body 5.0 and you could sell it for maybe $2K, you can now Crush it and get $4000!!!! Any car!! that does not get 18mpg!!! I might just start buying clunkers now and make fortune!

This is all bad stuff! Glad I got my V8 cars now.... but at some point the Government is going to start taxing me for their polution I am certain of that. Just for owning one.

EDIT!!.............

Almost forgot my favorite quote from the article

"Mr Obama announced a plan that will compel the automobile industry to scrap scores of iconic vehicle brands "

Iconic brands? as in Mustang?

Last edited:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
So whats gonna happen to companies like porsche, lambo, and ferrari?

Are they still gonna be allowed to sell in the US?

Obama is a piece of garbage. This is just the start.

Bottom of the Oil Barrel, What Gets The Worst Fuel Economy in the World? - Auto - FOXNews.com

Go US Government Go. GROW GROW GROW GROW GROW GROW.

Take Take Take Take.

We need more regulations, more federally funded programs, more taxes, inflation of the U.S dollar, etc. These are all good things, "change", remember? :smmon:

yellow03cobra

Established Member
What's the big deal? You have to go out and buy a v6 mustang, pull the motor and sell it and drop back in your v8. Half the people on these boards have probably rebuilt their motor any ways. Maybe ford will roll out the no engine package at a way cheaper price. Now it doesn't use any fuel coming from the manufacturer.

Last edited:

Seraphus

I R ANDROID LEG!
Established Member
they can take my V8's over my dead, .50cal shell ridden body.

I'm gonna go buy a big deiselnow jsut to puff black smoke in the air at every hippie rpotest i see.

**** Obama, and **** liberals.

Jroc

Established Member
A great way to kill votes for the next election.

Exactly what I was thinking. Obama's a retard. I guarentee you inflations going to shoot way up soon the way he keeps printing money thats backed by absolutely nothing. :nonono:

oldmodman

Established Member
I guess I'm going to go out and buy a GT500 after all.

And a 2.9 Whipple, and NOS, and turbos.

Think there will be a flex fuel GT500 in the future? Alternative fuel vehicles are exempt.

Users who are viewing this thread