Obama has trouble using iphone

03cobrah

Established Member
On the campaign trail, President Obama is constantly talking about the importance of technology, but he met his match in an iPhone Sunday.
The president had stopped at a campaign office in Port St. Lucie, Fla., to thank volunteers. Then, for the cameras, Mr. Obama was supposed to call two campaign workers who were out working on his behalf.
But when White House trip director Marvin Nicholson handed the president his personal iPhone, Mr. Obama couldn't get it to work. A reporter who witnessed the scene said the president looked "befuddled."
"It's not clear he knows how to dial on an iPhone," the reporter wrote in a pool report.
Finally, Mr. Obama said, "Oh, I got to dial it in. Hold on, hold on. I can do this. See, I still have a BlackBerry."
The president then "had a little more trouble dialing," the pool report said.
The president then has more trouble dialing. When the call didn't go through, he blamed Mr. Nicholson for having an insufficient cell phone plan.
A volunteer called out, "I'll give you my phone, call my wife."
"I'll call her and tell her that you're messing around here in the office, giving the president …." Mr. Obama said, his voice trailing off.

Read more: Tech challenge: Obama has trouble with iPhone - Washington Times Tech challenge: Obama has trouble with iPhone - Washington Times
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

well he blamed the blackberry and wants 4 more years to learn the new iphone.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Meh.

Ive found with apple products it helps to think like a kid when it comes to figuring out how they work. Were so used to complexity in tech that we over think what is simply holding down on an item for a second and that being what we needed to bring up a menu.

I wont lie the first day I had my iphone I was a fish out of water coming from a BB.

SneakyPete

Banned
HAH! this is great. As much as I hate the guy, he is quick-witted from the "off camera" banter I've seen him have with supporters and press. I had a Samsung Blackjack for years, then an iPhone. No problems making the transition though i still miss my Blackjack sometimes. badass lil phone.

03cobrah

Established Member
Meh.

Ive found with apple products it helps to think like a kid when it comes to figuring out how they work. Were so used to complexity in tech that we over think what is simply holding down on an item for a second and that being what we needed to bring up a menu.

I wont lie the first day I had my iphone I was a fish out of water coming from a BB.

agree on thinking like a kid part lol. i got a mac just to see what the hype is about these products. i was too used to the complexity of windows that i would find myself getting pissed with my macbook.

WOT 88

Established Member
The POTUS is puttin Port Saint Lucie on the map with his cell swagger. That's the most action this dump has seen since Vanilla Ice. He stopped in a little pizza joint that i grew up in and ordered 20 pies. Small world.

Not a fan, but in his defense, the dude really does use a blackberry. I read an article once about his high tech uber secure presidential blackberry.

Last edited:

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
The president then has more trouble dialing. When the call didn't go through, he blamed Mr. Nicholson for having an insufficient cell phone plan.

Atleast he sticks with what he knows. Can't figure it out, so it is someone else's fault.

firebird1999us

Established Member
I bet conservative talk radio is going to spend no less than a combined 6000 hours talking about this today. Before you know it Romney will likely come out and support parts of not being able to use the iPhone and Paul Ryan will work it into his Jimmy Carter routine!:shrug:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread