O/R Mid-Pipe, MIL Elims, Tune, or Anti Foulers?

03mgtermi

Established Member
Im about to install my long tubes and a O/R x-pipe.

For those that use them, how did you handle the CEL for the rear 02's?

Need to be able to pass inspection. OBDII, not tailpipe

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
The tuner can turn off the rear 02 sensors and your done. Heard MIL's can malfunction, hit or miss with those.

Blueline

Established Member
Mine wouldnt pass. A few years ago NJ changed their software where it would flag "not ready" or "unsupported" and fail. I went through with anti foulers.

03mgtermi

Established Member
ok, anti-foulers seem like the best and cheapest option in the searching i've done.

does anyone know of an O2 sensor simulator for ford like the chevy guys use?

Blueline

Established Member
All I did was stack up 2 spark plug foulers on each other, then screw the o2 sensor in them and thats it. As long as the rear o2s are reading less o2 than the fronts its good to go. Very easy. You will need 4 spark plug foulers.

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
Who is tuning your car?
Also, any chance you still have your stock midpipe? I see you're in Houston & I need one bad

candy3369

Established Member
same situation, since I'm pretty sure mine has been turned off in tune, and I know it has catless Xpipes-can I just get it retuned to turn on the sensors then use the foulers? If so, will that cause the check engine light to stay on?

I guess my options are:
1) Leave off road pipes, retune, foulers
2) Buy cat pipes, retune

streetone01

SVT
Established Member
true, but turning them off shows 'NOT READY' in the scan at the inspection shop, causing it to fail

I turn them off in the tune. I just had a massachusetts obd2 inspection with no problems, not ready or a p1000 code ussually means it was re flashed recently, after the tune if you put 100 or so miles on it you should be all set. I have never had an issue doing it that way

03mgtermi

Established Member
Who is tuning your car?
Also, any chance you still have your stock midpipe? I see you're in Houston & I need one bad

check your pm's

car was tuned at lethal performance on the whipple but im not too happy.

don't get me wrong its a ultra safe tune and was 100*+ in the shop, but its a 2.9 whipple on 14#'s only making 550rwhp......coulda used more timing but they don't know these motors well enough or i didn't force them to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread