NYC hotels???

16kOrBust

Established Member
I go to the city once in a while but I've never stayed overnight before. I usually just play my gig and drive home or spend an afternoon there. My girlfriend's birthday is coming up in a month, though, and she really wants to spend a night there. We're gonna go down Saturday November 20th in the morning and leave the next night (Sunday November 21st).

So I was wondering if anyone knows of any decent hotel deals. I know everything in the city is pricey and trying to find a clean/quality hotel at a cheap rate for the night is next to impossible on the weekend, but I do know you can find random deals once in a while.

Anyone know of any good places to stay that won't make me puke when I see the rate or her puke when she sees the room? :lol1: We'll be all over the city so something centrally located would be ideal, although it's not a big deal if it's not.

Last edited:

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
I go to the city once in a while but I've never stayed overnight before. I usually just play my gig and drive home or spend an afternoon there. My girlfriend's birthday is coming up in a month, though, and she really wants to spend a night there. We're gonna go down Saturday November 20th in the morning and leave the next night (Sunday November 21st).

So I was wondering if anyone knows of any decent hotel deals. I know everything in the city is pricey and trying to find a clean/quality hotel at a cheap rate for the night is next to impossible on the weekend, but I do know you can find random deals once in a while.

Anyone know of any good places to stay that won't make me puke when I see the rate or her puke when she sees the room? :lol1: We'll be all over the city so something centrally located would be ideal, although it's not a big deal if it's not.

Sorry, clean, cheap, and New York City are mutually exclusive....

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Watch out for bedbugs.

I always stay in the Marriott Marquis in Times Square but only because I can use my Dad's reward points. Otherwise it's not worth ~$450/night for a small room. If you're on a budget look for something in NJ.

16kOrBust

Established Member
Yeah, we're splitting the room cost so I'm not on a bare bones budget; I just don't want to book a $350 a night room unless that's the only way to get a clean room in a decent location (she's getting a rather pricey present for her birthday that she really wants but wants to go to NYC, too, so I gave her the option of splitting it with me and she was all for it).

Being that it's NYC, I'm just a little nervous that if I don't shell out the big bucks, I'm gonna end up in a dump of a hotel and have to hear about it because she's a clean freak. :lol1:

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I highly recommend that you try Travelocity, both for a best price and to read recent reviews. I refuse to book a hotel anywhere now without reading reviews. Sometimes what looks to be an awesome hotel ends up being a bust, and visa versa. Just be sure to read a good number of reviews because they can't always be trusted. And when you're reading reviews watch for bed bug comments. It's an epidemic all across the nation, but NYC is very bad.

Users who are viewing this thread