NY peeps! Going to New York for the Weekend. Suggestions?

ROSENDO SANCHEZ

Established Member
My wife and I are going to NY this weekend and already booked a flight and hotel in manhatten. We plan on going to times square, statue of liberty, madison square garden, ride the ferries, bus tours and other shops and restaurants in the area. Thing is im not sure if we should rent a car (hotel has parking for $40/night) OR Is it better to uber it or ride the subway around town? How is it getting around town late at night? Is riding the subway from La Guardia to manhatten feasible? ANY other tips/suggestions greatly appreciated! We will be there 1/4 until 1/7

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Don't drive around NYC if you haven't been there before. People drive like A-holes and will hit your car and not care. Its how they park, reverse until they hit the bumper, pull forward until they hit the car in front and repeat until they are clear.

Every ten feet some JO will try sell you a mix tape, ignore them and keep walking.
Subway is fine during the day, late at night get a cab.

ROSENDO SANCHEZ

Established Member
Don't drive around NYC if you haven't been there before. People drive like A-holes and will hit your car and not care. Its how they park, reverse until they hit the bumper, pull forward until they hit the car in front and repeat until they are clear.

Every ten feet some JO will try sell you a mix tape, ignore them and keep walking.
Subway is fine during the day, late at night get a cab.
Thanks! Any restaurants/spots you recommend in the area?

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
My brother and his wife just went and he said they pretty much walked everywhere, if you were in a car you would just be sitting in traffic the whole time. Good luck...

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Thanks! Any restaurants/spots you recommend in the area?

You're from Texas so you can get a good steak and Mexican food at home. If it was me I'd get some real Italian food for dinner. Go to a diner for lunch, get a real bagel and go to Brooklyn and get a pizza.

Users who are viewing this thread