NX with BBR tune vs N.O. with AED tune?

4VFTW

Established Member
"Dude" I was NOT the one you originally quoted, nothing I wrote was wrong. Everything I wrote is correct from real world experience.
my appologies , must have been the ad-hominem in your response that made me think you were defending yourself.

what was the point of quoting me and your post anyway?...I never claimed pressure variance was the reason for the HP difference but the statement made was incorrect. FACT: bottle pressure affect amount of Nitrous delivered and in a thread where we have people running around waving their hands in the air over a possible 3 millisecond lean spike it seems like pertinent information

Last edited:

cbrtrx

Established Member
You assume "all things equal" but are comparing 2 different cars, on 2 different dynos, tuned by different tuners. You and CBRTRX have no clue how either car is tuned and are just stuck on the fact that one made more power. If 2 9psi vortech cars differ by 30 hp is "something up" with ones #'s.

P.S. My car 2/14/2011. N/A: 378rw; N2O .052 jet: 473rw; same jet add 1 degree of timing: 502rw, but leaning it out 3/4 of a point netted 6rw. This is same car, same dyno, same tuner and with the same jet varied by 35rwhp.

Boost vs nitrous are a different animal, come on you should know better then to compare the two.

The one car had almost a 150 rwhp gain on a "100" shot or stated a .052 jet, I think it's not fair to report that as the norm because I think a lot of people will be disappointed if their "100" shot doesn't make 150 rwhp after reading this. Even your .052 pill didn't net the 150 rwhp, I'm just pointing out the obvious that is not so obvious to some, that is not the norm on these cars, their is no magic wands being used.

This thread is way off topic now, I'll bow out not to mess it up with any more actual facts. :)

Need4Speed03

Established Member
ad-hominem

Damn, I had to google that sh!t! lol

Agreed...thread is way off topic...I'll attempt to get it back on track...

To the OP:

Both kits, NX and NO, are quality pieces and both tuners, Chris and Shaun, have the experience to provide a safe effective nitrous tune! You cant go wrong either way!

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Lol this thread did go way off topic. The facts have been stated and people can infer from it what they will.

See you all in the staging lanes(or Mexico!!) :burnout:

nonliberal

Established Member
Lol love the analogy..

What CBR is getting at is this...the power you gain from using nitrous oxide in your internal combustion motor comes from only one thing--the measured amount of nitrous that the motor ingests. Nothing more, nothing less.

There is no magic involved, there is no secret formula for uber power--the only thing that matters is how much liquid nitrous flows from the bottle through the nitrous jet, and into the motor. If you want more power or IF you're making more power than someone else on the exact same setup, you're flowing more liquid into your motor plain and simple. How do you flow more nitrous? You use a bigger jet!

With that in mind, how could it be physically possible for 2 people with the exact same kit and the exact same "100 shot" jetting to have a difference of ~40whp peak and ~50whp in the mid range?

A "100 shot" per NO's website and their own admission is .052 pill (that's a 52 thousandths opening). Guess what the NX jetting is for a "100 shot"... yep, you guessed it.. a .052 pill..

Guess how much power I pick up on a .052 pill.. guess how much cbrtrx picks up on a .052 pill.. guess how much power 125oh picks up on a .052 pill. Guess how much ANYBODY will pick up on a .052 pill.. 100whp!.. Sure, it might be + or - a few hp but it'll be right at 100 hp to the tires every time as long as the .052 jet is used. It's physically impossible to flow more liquid through the same size opening. Period. End of story. "NO"body can defy the laws of physics.

Maybe NA, but it is very common with boosted cars to pick up much more power than the jetting says due to the intercooling effect, and the efficiency of each cars intercooler will determine how much more one car will increase over the other. I know you mean all things being equal, but with cars it's almost impossible to have everything equal. Just way to many variables.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Maybe NA, but it is very common with boosted cars to pick up much more power than the jetting says due to the intercooling effect, and the efficiency of each cars intercooler will determine how much more one car will increase over the other. I know you mean all things being equal, but with cars it's almost impossible to have everything equal. Just way to many variables.

I agree. Boosted cars are a completely different animal.

The information I posted is with respect to a N/A motor with nitrous on top--specifically the coyote platform since that is the topic at hand. :beer:

CTPerformance

Established Member
Hello all,

I don't have much time to get on here so I apologize for the very slow response. I wanted to answer a few questions about why the car I tuned made more power than some are seeing. Basically it was already answered. The stock tune minus 2* would see more timing that most tuners would run in their nitrous tunes. The point was to dyno that car as stock as possible and see what the results were to make sure there was not a lean spike. That being said I felt that pulling 2* since we were running the stock heat range plugs, the temp inside the shop was over 100*, and the owner was a little nervous was at a min what we should do to attempt to control the situation. The car saw a lot of timing and although it did not show signs of detonation we did pull the timing back a little further for the final tune. As most tuners know, these cars can add and pull timing in great amounts in the stock tune file. We did use the 100 shot jets, the bottle was a fresh fill with pressure at 950-1000, and other than the speed limiter / pulling 2* the car was stock.

There was no intent to make people think that this kit would give more HP on a 100 shot than other kits. The point was to show that there is not a lean spike. I have installed many N20 Outlet kits and almost every time as long as you have all of the variables set, the kit gains what is supposed to +/- 5-10hp. Of course there are tons of things to take into consideration on this.

If anyone has any questions, please post them up and I will get back on here tonight and tomorrow to answer them if I am able. Other than that, I think the point of this thread has already been addressed and if we want to compare hp gains on the many different kits that are out there we would need a new thread as well as phone numbers to the tuners, dyno sheets in full detail showing correction factors, room temps, data logs with a ton of info on what the car is doing as far as cam timing, temps, spark sources, fuel sources, mileage on the car, mileage on the 02 sensors (if its a 2011 up), pics of installs, bottle pressures, about 100 other things I didn't mention, so on and so on.

Hope this helps with any confusion and puts this thread to rest.

Users who are viewing this thread