NX kit options 2001 Cobra

AlleyCat

Spray & Pray
Established Member
Long time browser, first time poster !
I have an 2001 Cobra and I plan on running a wet kit with a 100hp shot. I have read through the nitrous sticky threads and it answered a number of questions.
Im leaning towards the Nitrous Express kit ( PROTON PLUS NITROUS SYSTEM W/ 10LB BOTTLE ) along with a $60 fuel adapter . However these kits mention for Single TB vehicles and I have a BBK Twin 65mm TB.
They also will have a 4V plate kit avail in around 3 weeks ( FORD 4 VALVE NITROUS PLATE SYSTEM )
Would this kit be worth spending the extra $300 or so compared to the universal kit ? Once again if the universal kit will even work with the twin TB.
Also if using the universal kit, where in the cold air intake is the best place to locate the nozzle ? Just before the TB ? Just behind the MAF ? or somewhere in the middle ?
Any other kit options from Zex or Cold Fusion that would be any better in anyones opinion ?

Thanks

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
The proton is a fogger system and it will work on anything. Single or dual blade TB. I know plenty of cobras or mach1's running this system

The plate is a nice set up too. Even spray bar for max affective increase! If you have any questions, please feel free to call. We are one of the largest NX dealers in the country!

561-417-5555

AlleyCat

Spray & Pray
Established Member
The proton is a fogger system and it will work on anything. Single or dual blade TB. I know plenty of cobras or mach1's running this system

The plate is a nice set up too. Even spray bar for max affective increase! If you have any questions, please feel free to call. We are one of the largest NX dealers in the country!

561-417-5555
Excellent !
Any advice of the best location to place the nozzle ? Closer to the throttle body ?

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
6-8" away from the opening. When installing the nozzle make sure the opening is pointed at the opening of the inlet of the throttle body.

I run the Proton box on my daily driver and can attest to how well built it is. Going to grab one to replace the corroded zex box on my 89 GT when spring comes around.

Another thing to check out would be a TPS activation switch to get rid of the relays. Zex makes a nice one that doesnt require relays due to it being on the ground side of the circuit. I run it this way on my beater elantra and it works quite well and makes hooking the system up very easy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread