NWS Pics that make you :lol: every time you see them NWS

RES0574

Established Member
Id agree to the point of DOT... but the mindset of the people is what causes chaos.

As far as DOT where I was at, they didn't plow and salt non-stop like the southern states do. That's why the southern states always run out of supplies and money to deal with it.

What I find really crazy is here in Virginia, they predict a 30% chance of snow tomorrow, and they start announcing government and school closures today... As much as 24 hours before it might start snowing. Absolutely mind-blowing.

The people that should be freaking out are the Mexicans. The got 18+inches of snow an South Central Mexico like a week ago.

Its called liability and risk review. Virginia schools typically have 10 days or so built into their calendar for snow. Many years this total is not completely used. Is it worth having a potential accident on the roads and the law suits associated so kids go to school or employees show up for work for a single day? No. It is a lawsuit happy world we live in, and folks are just looking to win the legal lottery.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Finally, a member that lives in Georgia. I was beginning to think I was all alone down here.

Sent from my SM-G930V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I’m here brotha!

giphy.webp

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
The tards here can't even drive after it rains and the roads are mildly wet. Unbelievable.

Go to California and see how people drive when it rains. I've seen cars flipped over on the freeway after a light rain, and a car once slammed its brakes on in front of me on the freeway because we entered into a sudden downpour.

A lot of the problems here are people with poorly equipped cars coupled with windy roads with lots of hills. So when it snows or gets icy they aren't prepared for it.

vinny89gt

On The Reg
Established Member
It amazes me when Chicago and Buffalo get multiple FEET of snow and resume business as usual within 24 hours.

I’m 3 hours East of Chicago and people around here lose their collective shit if anything more than 6” falls in a day.
School bus drove by today just like every other day here in Orchard Park (suburb about 10 miles south of Buffalo proper).
174ef45d0c24ff656a46b1c6b0f64c64.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Its called liability and risk review. Virginia schools typically have 10 days or so built into their calendar for snow. Many years this total is not completely used. Is it worth having a potential accident on the roads and the law suits associated so kids go to school or employees show up for work for a single day? No. It is a lawsuit happy world we live in, and folks are just looking to win the legal lottery.
I’d prefer to call it, “failing to adapt”

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Go to California and see how people drive when it rains. I've seen cars flipped over on the freeway after a light rain, and a car once slammed its brakes on in front of me on the freeway because we entered into a sudden downpour.

A lot of the problems here are people with poorly equipped cars coupled with windy roads with lots of hills. So when it snows or gets icy they aren't prepared for it.

When I first moved here from WA I thought it was odd seeing the tow trucks staged at all the on ramps just waiting for accidents. Then I realized it how terrible the drivers are here in the rain and it made sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread