Nurburgring in the snow

djs197mustang

S197 Road Racer
Established Member
That place is dicey enough with damp patches in the shadows; I'd need several changes of underwear for driving on ice at the 'Ring.

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
here's one better. this is an fr500c on a dutch road course in the snow.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3QxG2D5ydY"]Racing Team Holland in de Sneeuw - YouTube[/nomedia]

djs197mustang

S197 Road Racer
Established Member
Wait, you guys WANT snow? I nearly died when snow set in @ Yellowstone and I had to drive out of the national park in the '10 Vert. I had to disable AdvanceTrac/Stability Control to get the car moving at just 20mph.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Wait, you guys WANT snow? I nearly died when snow set in @ Yellowstone and I had to drive out of the national park in the '10 Vert. I had to disable AdvanceTrac/Stability Control to get the car moving at just 20mph.

Heck ya.. best seat time experience I've ever had was day one of my SCCA drivers school. It was raining, windy and 38°F on shitty old Kumho MX tires. I caught my car more that day than I ever would have had to in the dry.

I wouldnt try this on the street. Damn curbs are still there you just cant see em! :-D

djs197mustang

S197 Road Racer
Established Member
You're all crazy! :shrug:

Heck ya.. best seat time experience I've ever had was day one of my SCCA drivers school. It was raining, windy and 38°F on shitty old Kumho MX tires. I caught my car more that day than I ever would have had to in the dry.

I wouldnt try this on the street. Damn curbs are still there you just cant see em! :-D

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
This is how people drive in northern new york every day in the winter lol

Yep! It's just about the only thing I miss about not living in Syracuse anymore.
FROZEN LAKES and studded tires!!

MattDeLorenzo2004.jpg

DaveBurnham2004.jpg

IIRAICE3.jpg

IIRAICE2.jpg

IIRAICE1.jpg

My old Fiesta Ice Car....:( I miss it.

MyOldIceCar.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread