Number 8 fail

Sick_Mustang

Established Member
you cant compare the Bama service level with AED's. With bama you get free tunes for life for $150 whereby AED's prices start at $450! and you get what you pay for. Bama probably tunes cars on mass scale and cant put the level of attention AEd puts.

Actually AED is $250....

More power to guys who want to run BAMA. However I stand by my statement of datalogs don't lie. Anyone who knows anything knows this to be a fact, after all that's how tunes are made on a dyno. Parameters are logged and adjusted accordingly.

Btw I will run any N/A Bama tuned car for $100 in the Tampa area on video....nothing to hide my car is a boat, spare tire, full tank of gas, shaker 1000 and me at 6'2" 250lb .....

OneSlowV

Established Member
Iv'e seen AED tuned cars trap slower than bama tuned cars. And also the other way around to. If you was closer i would love to have a friendly run but you are to far. Maybe we can find a bama tuned car in your area with the same mods and see how it turns out.

Spoolingbyu

Established Member
Iv'e seen AED tuned cars trap slower than bama tuned cars. And also the other way around to. If you was closer i would love to have a friendly run but you are to far. Maybe we can find a bama tuned car in your area with the same mods and see how it turns out.
Im AED tune with Intake OR/x and axle backs and I have been against a local Bama tuned car with a throttle body, boss manifold, long tubes, catback exhaust, gears, weight reduction (Kmember,A-arms, rear seat delete, aftermarket front seats, and gutted trunk) and it couldn't pull on my AED street tune. I couldn't imagine if I had of been on the race tune.

Last edited:

Sick_Mustang

Established Member
Im AED tune with Intake OR/x and axle backs and I have been against a local Bama tuned car with a throttle body, boss manifold, long tubes, catback exhaust, gears, weight reduction (Kmember,A-arms, rear seat delete, aftermarket front seats, and gutted trunk) and it couldn't pull on my AED street tune. I couldn't imagine if I had of been on the race tune.

Lmao same here. I had basically the same race with a buddy who has almost the same mods you listed. However he didn't have weight reduction although his is a base.

Not even close..... Same result even when we switched cars. Go figure.

I also believe someone posted a video here of a bama car vs aed.

Like I said I will race any Bama bolt on car for $100.

twistid

Established Member
I have a bama log and ran into an issue... this was the exact convo:

Them: You’re car refuses to hold timing which explains why it is slower. I have attached a tune removing some out. See how this tune does/feels

Me:Thank you very much for the reply. May i ask why my car was pulling back timing? bad gas? What does that mean as well, "car won't hold timing"? Is there something wrong internally?

Them:Yes I dialed the timing back. It could be bad gas, it may just be the car doesn’t like it. Every car is different so don’t fear that response. I find these cars are happier around 23-25 degrees which is right where your car falls with the modified tables. There is nothing physically wrong with that.

So I'm guessing this was a case of they advanced my timing so far that it ran like poo, then when I sent them datalogs they pulled it back? Is it possible having it advanced could have caused harm?

toomnymods

Established Member
yes and every car is different. what is your point? aed does the same thing bama does sends a base tune and the adjusts the datalog.

LOL ur delusional.. i emailed and called bama 3 times and they flat out refused to change the tune and said it was perfectly fine.

Bama is a joke as far as tuning goes..

Bama might be worth running if all you have done is a cai, and axleback.. but anything over that i'd seriously be worried about internally damaging your motor. these guys don't have a clue what they are doing. My car would barely run after in installed long tube headers onto mine with bama. Called AED after bama refused to fix my tune and his BASE tune without even seeing my car or seeing the datalogs was 100X better than bamas, it idled perfectly, cranked first try, roasts tires like thiers no tommrow. Bama could barely chirp my tires in comparison.

Last edited:

redline5.0

Established Member
I have a bama log and ran into an issue... this was the exact convo:

Them: You’re car refuses to hold timing which explains why it is slower. I have attached a tune removing some out. See how this tune does/feels

Me:Thank you very much for the reply. May i ask why my car was pulling back timing? bad gas? What does that mean as well, "car won't hold timing"? Is there something wrong internally?

Them:Yes I dialed the timing back. It could be bad gas, it may just be the car doesn’t like it. Every car is different so don’t fear that response. I find these cars are happier around 23-25 degrees which is right where your car falls with the modified tables. There is nothing physically wrong with that.

So I'm guessing this was a case of they advanced my timing so far that it ran like poo, then when I sent them datalogs they pulled it back? Is it possible having it advanced could have caused harm?

No I doubt it caused any harm, that's why the computer is designed to pull timing if your getting knock. Sounds to me like he is tuning to the point of mbt and backing it off a degree or two which is the way a lot of people tune but I'd only do that on a dyno so see if your still making power or losing power.

mystickb1996

Established Member
thats crazy that bama would not touch your tune.. i had a 93r tune on my car for about 5 months. when i first got it i logged it and had it revised 2 times in order to get it correct. it did have about 4-5 degrees of kr and fueling was rich.. BUT they did fix it most of the issues for me and i did run a 12.2 @116 with it.. i have since went and got Shaun at aed to tune my car just cuz i wanted to see the difference and i have to say I CAN tell a difference. the car is defiantly faster then it was and just over all drives better.. if your on a budget then i feel a bama tune can work for some if logged and reviewed.. but if you want the best well we all know where to find that..
LOL ur delusional.. i emailed and called bama 3 times and they flat out refused to change the tune and said it was perfectly fine.

Bama is a joke as far as tuning goes..

Bama might be worth running if all you have done is a cai, and axleback.. but anything over that i'd seriously be worried about internally damaging your motor. these guys don't have a clue what they are doing. My car would barely run after in installed long tube headers onto mine with bama. Called AED after bama refused to fix my tune and his BASE tune without even seeing my car or seeing the datalogs was 100X better than bamas, it idled perfectly, cranked first try, roasts tires like thiers no tommrow. Bama could barely chirp my tires in comparison.

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member

Race tune just turns off all the nanny assists. Other than that it's the same tune

Spoolingbyu

Established Member
Race tune just turns off all the nanny assists. Other than that it's the same tune
Dunno. My street tune and my race tune are completely different. Someone else argued that before. Let them drive the car with both tunes and even they noticed it was clearly different.

Users who are viewing this thread