NT05R or R888?

Darkwave1

Established Member
Ran the NT05 when they fist came out . A good tire but wore really really fast on a 2.76 upper . Then I tried the R888 and in my honest opinion they hook a lot better . As far as wear ... we will find out . Putting down 500 rwhp 527tq on a ported 2.76 upper 4lb lower ... spray 125 shot for 592rwhp and 670tq !!! Only sprayed once on the street by tuner and there was really no traction issues at a roll !!! The mechanic was freaked on how sweet they hook !!! Shit ... I was freaked on how hard they hooked from the passenger seat.... unreal !!! I will run these tires over and over till something better comes out ... but as for now the Toyo R888 are beast !!!! :rockon:

Darkwave1

Established Member
Last edited:

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
Ran the NT05 when they fist came out . A good tire but wore really really fast on a 2.76 upper . Then I tried the R888 and in my honest opinion they hook a lot better . As far as wear ... we will find out . Putting down 500 rwhp 527tq on a ported 2.76 upper 4lb lower ... spray 125 shot for 592rwhp and 670tq !!! Only sprayed once on the street by tuner and there was really no traction issues at a roll !!! The mechanic was freaked on how sweet they hook !!! Shit ... I was freaked on how hard they hooked from the passenger seat.... unreal !!! I will run these tires over and over till something better comes out ... but as for now the Toyo R888 are beast !!!! :rockon:

He's talking about the NT05R (drag radial) NOT the NT05 (summer tire), these are two different tires and will definitely perform differently.

hiimdrummer03

Established Member
So if im running 315 with IRS Low profile bolts i can clear both MT ET II or NT05R?
Which one would you guys do. The MT ET II drag radials or the Nitto NT05R?

Would it make since to run spacers and go with 335 on a 10.5 wheel?
Also do i even need spacers for 335?

Last edited:

Zacharyx

Established Member
So if im running 315 with IRS Low profile bolts i can clear both MT ET II or NT05R?
Which one would you guys do. The MT ET II drag radials or the Nitto NT05R?

Would it make since to run spacers and go with 335 on a 10.5 wheel?
Also do i even need spacers for 335?

there is NO advantage to run the 335 over the 315 on a 10.5 wheel, you will have the same or less contact patch.

Zacharyx

Established Member
Mickeys, and if they don't hook for you it is time for suspension work

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
Waiting to hear the response to this....im looking into a new set of tires..i dont know ur mods butt with 610/570 I blow the nt05Rs off the car till about 60-70Mph If that makes ur dec. Any easier

Only one of the tires come in 315/35/17. That's the one you won't. Makes it easy to choose, since you CANNOT get the other tire in that size. You cannot make a mistake and buy the wrong tire.

Zacharyx

Established Member
I gave you the part # it can't be that hard to search summit or any where else, and like stated above there is not a 315/35/17 in but one of the links

Users who are viewing this thread