NT05R or R888?

hiimdrummer03

Established Member
Im running NT555Rs now.Wanting something more sticky.I dont ride in the rain. So im looking for a sticky to to replace these.What do you guys think?

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
If you don't ride in the rain I would go with MT DRs, Hoosier DRs or M&H DRs. R888s have great reviews and I will run them on my 18s, but I don't think they would be able to hook as well as a serious Drag Radial like MT, Hoosier or M&H. However, I've been told they hook better than NT555Rs (which is what I currently have on my 18s) and they will last longer than DRs, so if you want some longevity you might wanna run the R888s. If you want the best traction you can get on the street you might want to go with a real DR.

NT05Rs will definitely hook better than NT555s though, so if you just want something a little more sticky than your current tires you can run R888s unless you find a great deal on NT05Rs.

You can do a search on here and read different reviews from folks who have experience with each of the brands mentioned above and see what they prefer most. From what I've read it seems as Hoosier and M&H were the winners from what people liked most that have ran all of the setups. R888s seem to be the best all around tire most folks say they've ever used and are excellent in rain, but that doesn't matter to you. Hope this helps.

mach1033

Established Member
My vote is either the NTO5R's or the Mickey Thompson DR. The R888's are a great choice to but being that u don't DD your car I would just go with a drag radial.

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
Yeh im going NT05R. What size can i run on rear? I have low profile IRS Bolts and 10.5 replicas. I also have the longer studs.

315/35/17 in whatever brand you decide to go with. That size tire is designed for a 10.5" wheel. I'd personally go with the least expensive tire available out of all the choices as they'll all be much stickier than your NT555Rs.

hiimdrummer03

Established Member
What do I need for running 335s?
Out of the tires im looking at will 315 be sufficient. I really don't want to spacers and not sure if you can since I have the longer studs?

force feed

Established Member
+1 ^^^^^ I'm running the nto5r's now and there great. I spin a little in first but to much and it always grabs in second. Great tire IMO.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
OP what's your power level? Makes a huge difference when comparing others results. A can with mid 400ish Rwhp may hold using goodwrinch kdw2's but I can for sure tell you they don't stand a chance against 600rwhp!

Zacharyx

Established Member
What do I need for running 335s?
Out of the tires im looking at will 315 be sufficient. I really don't want to spacers and not sure if you can since I have the longer studs?
on

a wider tire to make it worth running, a 315 on a 10.5 would have at least as much if not more of a contact path as a 335 on the same tire. think there is a 275/315 on a 9" comparison somewhere on here

hiimdrummer03

Established Member
So would there be a upgrade in traction going to a 335/35/17 with spacers (thats if i need them) instead of 315/35/17 running both with 10.5 rims.

Do i need spacers for 335/35/17 NT05Rs?

Im running 615rwhp

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
So would there be a upgrade in traction going to a 335/35/17 with spacers (thats if i need them) instead of 315/35/17 running both with 10.5 rims.

Do i need spacers for 335/35/17 NT05Rs?

Im running 615rwhp

315/35/17 in whatever brand you decide to go with. That size tire is designed for a 10.5" wheel. I'd personally go with the least expensive tire available out of all the choices as they'll all be much stickier than your NT555Rs.

There is nothing better than a proper fit tire/rim combo. A 335 will bulge on a 10.5" wheel unless it's a nitto 335. Since it's bulging (even if slightly) it's not necessarily more contact with the ground than the 315, because it might come up around the rim. Just go with a 315 and you'll be fine in whatever tire you choose out of the ones mentioned in this thread.

You can try a 335, but I don't think you'll notice a difference other than it may bulge and then you've wasted your time and money. You will not need spacers with the 315 and I don't THINK you will with the 335s, but you'll probably need low profile IRS bolts or shave yours stock bolts down. Spacers will allow the wheels to sit flush with the fender, but then you might have to roll your fenders.

hiimdrummer03

Established Member
There is nothing better than a proper fit tire/rim combo. A 335 will bulge on a 10.5" wheel unless it's a nitto 335. Since it's bulging (even if slightly) it's not necessarily more contact with the ground than the 315, because it might come up around the rim. Just go with a 315 and you'll be fine in whatever tire you choose out of the ones mentioned in this thread.

You can try a 335, but I don't think you'll notice a difference other than it may bulge and then you've wasted your time and money. You will not need spacers with the 315 and I don't THINK you will with the 335s, but you'll probably need low profile IRS bolts or shave yours stock bolts down. Spacers will allow the wheels to sit flush with the fender, but then you might have to roll your fenders.

I have low profile IRS Bolts. Just using those and no spacers can i run both 335 MT and NT05R?

Users who are viewing this thread