Now What? (pics)

01s281

Established Member
Well I made a post earlier about having trouble installing my billetflow 2.93 pulley. I didnt have the thrust bearing so I used some washers and some grease. I was able to get the pulley on about 90% of the way until the little bolt broke off in the snout.:fm: I tried to drill the bolt and back it out but that is not working. What are my options?

pulley001.jpg

Last edited:

romi

Established Member
get a carbide tipped drill and completely drill through the bolt. Try to stay dead center. If you stay in the center you can use a larger sized drill (smaller than the minor diameter of the internal threads) then try using an easy out. The more you can drill out the weaker the bolt will become and it should back right out.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Drill to much out and the EZ out will make what's left of the bolt larger and it'll really be stuck. You should allways start with the smallest EZ out you can. Then go up.

black 10th vert

Established Member
Honestly, the only way that you can fix that correctly is to dis-assemble the snout, and send that shaft off to a machine shop. They can re-drill it on a lathe, so that the hole stays in the center. There is no way in hell you will be able to do that with a hand drill, because the input shaft is softer than the bolt from the puller, and the drill will walk right into it.

01s281

Established Member
Thanks for the reply guys. I dont think I am going to be able to fix it. I am gonna take the blower off and send it to steigemeir (SP?). I never thought a simple pulley swap would turn into such a nightmare!

Users who are viewing this thread