Noticed GT 350 being sold after short ownership

SlowSVT

Established Member
FI takes the car to a whole new level that can't be matched NA especially with a PD set-up. Having to "twist" an NA engine out far enough to get it into it's power band requires work to get it there where a PD blown car won't even break a sweat even at part throttle. The GT350 is a phenomenal car in lots of categories but having a fat flat torque curve is not one of them. I could see how the former Cobra or GT500 owner would be somewhat disappointed transitioning to a GT350. You couldn't wipe the smile off my face after 1 minute test driving a Terminator off the dealers lot and that cars was mild compared to the GT500 and modding either of them is as easy as falling off a wet log. Gripping the steering wheel and pulling G in a hard corner is fun but is riskier and the opportunity to do so are not as easy to come by and is something I prefer to do in a smaller car. I'm a firm believer of having a blower in a performance vehicle and won't consider one without it. Having the ability of crushing an opponent as easy as a sneeze at a friendly stoplight encounter suddenly the World is your Oyster! If Ford ever manages to get an S550 GT500 in production that's on par with what Chrysler and GM has to offer something tells me there are going to be a lot more GT350's in the classifieds.

BladeX10

Established Member
FI takes the car to a whole new level that can't be matched NA especially with a PD set-up. Having to "twist" an NA engine out far enough to get it into it's power band requires work to get it there where a PD blown car won't even break a sweat even at part throttle. The GT350 is a phenomenal car in lots of categories but having a fat flat torque curve is not one of them. I could see how the former Cobra or GT500 owner would be somewhat disappointed transitioning to a GT350. You couldn't wipe the smile off my face after 1 minute test driving a Terminator off the dealers lot and that cars was mild compared to the GT500 and modding either of them is as easy as falling off a wet log. Gripping the steering wheel and pulling G in a hard corner is fun but is riskier and the opportunity to do so are not as easy to come by and is something I prefer to do in a smaller car. I'm a firm believer of having a blower in a performance vehicle and won't consider one without it. Having the ability of crushing an opponent as easy as a sneeze at a friendly stoplight encounter suddenly the World is your Oyster! If Ford ever manages to get an S550 GT500 in production that's on par with what Chrysler and GM has to offer something tells me there are going to be a lot more GT350's in the classifieds.

I remember my first drive in a Terminator, I damn near crapped myself in excitement. That low end torque is EVERYTHING. There is nothing that can replace that instant torque that comes with a supercharged V8. I've never been able to enjoy an N/A motor since.

Last edited:

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I see some threads on the other Mustang forum where people are having engine troubles. Multiple forum members having engine troubles.
I think that may be a reason for some quick sales after purchasing as well. Plus, what others have mentioned in thread.

SlowSVT

Established Member
I remember my first drive in a Terminator, I damn near crapped myself in excitement. That low end torque is EVERYTHING. There is nothing that can replace that instant torque that comes with a supercharged V8. I've never been able to enjoy an N/A motor since.

Word!

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
The biggest reason My GT500 isn't for sale is because of the seat of pants feeling that I get. It is far superior than then GT350. My GT350 is my canyon carver and track day car, while my GT500 is my dragstrip and highway cruiser.

shelbygt500_897hp

Established Member
Having had two GT500's myself I can see this is one reason why the car would be traded in ... not as fast as some thought.

But another reason that hasnt been brought up is some of the GT350's consume oil. It got to a point that ford put out a supplemental bulletin to cover this.

My personal GT350 eats about a quart every 1000 miles and yes at times its a pain in the ass to moniter it. Luckily I work at a dealership so its not as a big of a deal. I would speculate some owners have gotten rid of their cars for this reason alone.

One of my GT500's put out 664rwhp.

So I have had the straight line go fast cars in the past but my Gt500 was a 07 and didnt have any of the current high tech amenities that the newers cars have.

Bottom line I like the new looks and lines of the GT350, the handling is off the planet crazy and the new care amenities are second to none ..... ie nav, cooled and heated seats ... blue tooth sync ...etc etc

I still miss certain aspects of my 07GT500 but dont regret the purchase of the GT350.

don

Cobra(ed) Up

Established Member
I believe its just not what people expected.

Example : The 13/14 GT500s were a tire shredding, 662 horsepower, 5.8liter Blown V8. They usually just 'order the new shelby' and trade in their old one.

Well, the new one doesnt make 500wtq, and is borderline anemic on the street in its NA form. The car cant be driven how it was designed to do on surface roads, so its just not what most people are looking for.

I have probably had 10 of my GT500 customers move over to Hellcats, just due to the fact its what people want.

Nobody is cross shopping a Mustang and a Euro Track car (M3, etc).

I tend to agree. I am toying with the idea of a z06

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

This makes me laugh. "On par with Chrysler and GM...", since those driving the GT350 are comparing it to Ferrari Porsche BMW.

Yes Ford made a huge mistake...

SlowSVT

Established Member
This makes me laugh. "On par with Chrysler and GM...", since those driving the GT350 are comparing it to Ferrari Porsche BMW.

Yes Ford made a huge mistake...

The only mistake Ford made is not having a suitable replacement for the GT500.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Couldn't be Happier with the R. Finally a mustang built to tAckle my twisty mountain roads that won't try to kill me. The amount of grip the R has on the street is terrifying. I predicted alot of GT500 owners would hate this car. Looks like I was right

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
I drove a 350 and was not impressed at all. For the same reason my wife sold her 2016 WRX... Zero low end torque makes driving in the city (stop signs, etc.) simply suck. I'm not trying to rev it out to 5,000+ RPM at every stoplight and stop sign in my city neighborhood. Great on the highway, great in the twisties... not great for normal driving.

I'd go with a new ZL1 before a new 350. The new ZL1 checks BOTH boxes; low end torque AND handling abilities.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
So in potato world, having horse power is considered a negative?

Nice to know.
In a useless combination. Yes. The real flop was the 13-14 GT500. One good launch and the clutch is laying on the starting line thanks to all that torque and a stupid first gear. Why's it get out 0-60'd by a car with 140 less horse and IRS?

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
In a useless combination. Yes. The real flop was the 13-14 GT500. One good launch and the clutch is laying on the starting line thanks to all that torque and a stupid first gear. Why's it get out 0-60'd by a car with 140 less horse and IRS?

So now the Trinity cars are a flop?

Lol... ok. It sounds like you dont know how to drive.

Meanwhile back at the farm, the 350R gets curb stomped by the ZL1 1LE and barely manages to outperform an old z28 and a base camaro ss 1le.

Potatos gonna potate!

Users who are viewing this thread