NOT youre run-of-the-mill H/E question

DocButters

shämən
Established Member
Ok, So I have searched, and googled, and read for hours about the best type of H/E for our terminator. LFP, Afco, Fluidyne, Gords, all seem great, but here's my question. The GT500 guys seem to swear by the Revan Racing/Shelby Dual Pass, Dual Puller Fan A/W H/E. Its less than 100 bones more than the Afco and Gords dual fan set-ups, but these guys SWEAR by the thing. I've been lookin for a dual fan set up, mainly because I'm rigging my waterpump and IC pump to switches in the cab, and it would be nice to throw in the fan set up and just freeze the SC before a run. Anyways, my question is, does anyone know if this product is. . . 1-compatible, 2-if not could it be fabbed to work with minimal effort/body work, and 3- is it worth it?

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
Supposedly a H/E by Revan made just for the Terminator is in the works. I inquired about this and this was the response I received from a guy that works for Revan, he goes by dactyl here on SVTP -

I have been working on a solution for the 03-04 cars but it has taken a back burner position while I have been finishing some other details on the GT500 package and working with Shelby.

I do not have a time line on these. Of I told you I did I would be blowing sunshine up your nose and that's not how I do business.

Should I start a pole to see what the need or demand is? What do you guys think? Let me know.

Thanks

Van

Digital

Established Member
Ok, So I have searched, and googled, and read for hours about the best type of H/E for our terminator. LFP, Afco, Fluidyne, Gords, all seem great, but here's my question. The GT500 guys seem to swear by the Revan Racing/Shelby Dual Pass, Dual Puller Fan A/W H/E. Its less than 100 bones more than the Afco and Gords dual fan set-ups, but these guys SWEAR by the thing. I've been lookin for a dual fan set up, mainly because I'm rigging my waterpump and IC pump to switches in the cab, and it would be nice to throw in the fan set up and just freeze the SC before a run. Anyways, my question is, does anyone know if this product is. . . 1-compatible, 2-if not could it be fabbed to work with minimal effort/body work, and 3- is it worth it?

Velocity sells exactly what you're looking for. Check out their website.
Velocity Turbo Systems - Custom Mustang and Performance Ford Turbo Systems Kits

DocButters

shämən
Established Member
fiveoh2go, I also e-mail Revan inquiring about a possible future terminator project because of the rumors being passed around, no reply yet. I deploy again this summer, if they are going to release something i hope its by the time I get back, it'd be a nice coming home present!

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
VERY few Terminator owners have gone to the dual fan setup when upgrading their HE's. For our application, there has never been substantiated proof that the fans will help keep the inercooler fluid cooler in all but a stationary idling position. Good ole fresh air going through the HE has been very effective for Terminators.

I considered purchasing a GT500 a few months back and researched this very issue a bit. The GT500 fellas feel that their HE's respond very effectively to the dual fan system. Their proof of this being a superior system is based on Revan's own posted results, which indeed show significant improvements on the GT500 application. The Eatons on the Shelby's supposedly run much hotter than our M112's, and their intercooler cooling systems seems to repsond better to dual fans than Terminators.

Here's the thread that really got the dual fan setup going for the Shelby guys:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...dual-pass-dual-puller-fan-heat-exchanger.html

Last edited:

DocButters

shämən
Established Member
I had a very good talk with Van at Revan Racing about the subject, here's the jist of what went down (with his permission). . .

""Thank you for your email. Nobody to my knowledge has made an attempt at installing one of my GT500 heat exchangers into an 03/04 Cobra. They are not compatible due to the SN-95 to S-197 body style changes. Don’t call yourself a simple 03 Cobra owner, you guys are rarer than Shelby GT500 owners!! It’s a two year production vehicle and I’d be happy to have one myself.

I have had other guys contact me wanting to know if I was putting together a heat exchanger for the Terminators. My answer is yes, however I simply don’t know when. I had a car lined up for test fitment and the deal fell through. Still trying to put the necessary pieces together to make one. Frankly, there are other designs with fans on them out there the question is whether or not I would be able to utilize one of my proprietary NASCAR cores and deliver (what) the performance guys are looking for and at the same time at what price. If I do a run of them it will probably be a short run simply because of the number of users out there that would want to purchase one.

The thing I always try to look for is how to make it better. That’s done in a number of ways. Just trying to find a donor vehicle so I can develop the right design. Hopefully I will have something sooner rather than later.
-Van""

Users who are viewing this thread