Not very happy after cai and tune install

chad21000

Established Member
so I recently bought a tuner and cai for my new to me 2011 5.0 from a reputable company and spent the extra money on their cai also because I heard it was one of the better intakes. After the install of both I honesty couldn’t tell a single power difference. The car shifts much firmer but that’s all I noticed. I figured they would’ve raised my shift points etc etc. do I need to ask for stuff like that specifically? Thanks for the help in advanced

ChiefGod

What intake and who is the tuner?

In my experience, when I first got a tune (Bama) and Steeda intake, the drive ability was not the best and I honestly did not feel too much in power difference on my 2014 5.0

I then decided to get a Palm Beach Dyno tune and throw on an 18 intake manifold along with my Steeda intake and went through the data logging process with my tuner.
Drivability immediately improved and I clearly gained a good chunk of power after 5500 rpm.

To be honest though, you won’t feel a huge difference with just an intake and tune. Get some headers and/or intake manifold and then you can feel the gains.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Great advice.

Unfortunately you probably wont get an answer since "chad" hasnt been on in almost a year.

Users who are viewing this thread