Not-Racing-Racing Stories

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
I know we must have some real golden stories about people who tried to race you when you weren't racing, so lets hear some!
I thought of this when I was reading the other "things that make you say "what?"" post.

I'll get us started!

I was driving my slow Fiesta one day and this low rider old Japanese truck was on the side of me at the light. It was ridiculously loud and obnoxious and it would just linger on the side of me after every light with these long wound out shifts. So on the next light I just gave it extra gas to get away from the racket and the guy started to speed up on the side of me. Before I know if, I'm floored and he is floored and we are basically racing, albeit unintentionally. As we approach speeds that would be unfavorable in court I decided it wasn't worth it and just braked to fall behind the noise instead.
Eventually I am on the side of him again and his wife or girlfriend, this really ratchet looking girl is looking at me out of the corner of her eye and giving me this attitude like "we showed you".
I was amazed.

We proceeded down the road quite a ways and I kept my distance whenever possible to avoid the noise. At one point I had more speed than him coming up as he was pulling off the light he stopped for... I went cruising by him and my smart a.. wife throws on the hazards.

I could share a bunch more but honestly I am sure you all have some good ones worth hearing!

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
These young guys in a beat up 80s celica started revving my 03 Cobra, 580ish rwhp the time.

They were all smiles so I slow throttled it and we get going back and forth for the lead and I let them win.

They guys were laughing because they knew a monster decided not to eat them. Probably like cave men used to do when a TRex was already full as it crashes a camp site.

Sent from my XT1650 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Kid in highschool had a Thunderturd, 4.6 car. All it had was flowmasters on it so it was loud and slow.

I had a Z28 at the time. HCI, Longtubes, suspension, gear, ran mid 12's. Strong car for it was but it wasn't really what anyone would call fast on here.

There's a 3 mile length of bridge here that we both had to go over to get home. It's two lanes on both sides but adds in a truck lane for a bit. He gets up besides me and is wearing these old aviators and a bomber jacket. Kicks his car out of OD but never once looks over at me. I'm cruising in 6th gear with the music going plus my car was loud so I barely heard him. He floors it and then I watch him slowly accelerate away from me. About that time, I look up and see if I jumped in to the truck lane I can get ahead of a bunch of traffic because it's empty. So I downshift to 5th to make a wee bit of noise and jump in the truck lane, applied 1/4 throttle, and then proceed to go back to 6th gear and cruise as I watch him disappear into a dot.

He avoided me till the day we graduated. Never would talk to me after that. It was probably because he had a dissertation across his myspace/facebook saying "I will return the Thunderbird to the throne of speed and it's rightful place as the king of muscle cars". Needless to say, he wasn't very popular.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
My wife always laughs when she sees the idiots with POS riced out cars that have the stuffed animal hanging from the bumper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Heading home in my 12 GT one time and I was at a stop light. I was putting a dip in and the light turned green, I was a little slow to take off so I got onto it a tiny bit more than I normally would have. Through first, then second at maybe 50% throttle and I clicked it into 6th at 50 to idle along.

An old Durango next to me flew past with a bunch of teenagers hanging out of the windows giving me a thumbs down and the kid driving threw on the hazards.

I considered taking the long way home and showing them up at the next light, but I figured it wasn't worth the fuel and made my turn shortly after.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Was playing with my HP Tuners about a month ago, and testing it in the car. Rolled into it pretty hard off a light for a couple gears and let off. Looked back and see a ragged out WRX giving me the thumbs down. I slowed down, green haired driver laughing saying he wasn't racing me. Didn't even notice him in the next lane, just shook my head and laughed at him. WRX is our states equivalent of a Civic, so they don't stand out.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Don't know if I told this one before or not. If not, this is the perfect time.

The wife and I were driving down the highway in the R on our way back home. A couple young guys in a CTS-V coupe come flying up beside us. The driver starts speeding up and slowing down trying to goad me into a race. I kept on ignoring him. Finally he floors it and takes off. A couple hundred feet later, his exhaust system drops out the bottom of his car!! My wife and I had a good laugh at that one. I almost wanted to honk my horn at him as we drove by. LOL

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Had a kid trying to race me in his S2K... I was just cruising in my 03 cobra down 290 into the houston area...kid kept speeding up and slowing down, throwing revs etc...what he didn't see was a trooper off the shoulder a few hundred yards up the road, kid was target fixated on me when he finally took off to show me his mighty VTEC. Suffice to say he got lit up by that trooper.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Don't know if I told this one before or not. If not, this is the perfect time.

The wife and I were driving down the highway in the R on our way back home. A couple young guys in a CTS-V coupe come flying up beside us. The driver starts speeding up and slowing down trying to goad me into a race. I kept on ignoring him. Finally he floors it and takes off. A couple hundred feet later, his exhaust system drops out the bottom of his car!! My wife and I had a good laugh at that one. I almost wanted to honk my horn at him as we drove by. LOL
Haha, My 71 El Camino dropped its exhaust when I was out for a test drive after putting a 396 swap in replacing the 307.

I had a coat hanger holding it in place and just forgot to place in the u clamps. Shit happens when you get excited. It was my first solo motor swap when I was 17. Duhhhhh, lol

Sent from my XT1650 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread