not my STi killed a ball-less GOAT!

ULTIMATE ORANGE SS

Established Member
Cahill00SS said:
i dont think pontiac is trying to compete with the cobra. Go sit and drive a GTO, and then do the same to a cobra and you'll find out where Pontiac's priorities are present

youre correct.

though theyre both v8 RWD and thats where the similarities end.

2004SVTSTNG

Banned
Sith said:
03 Cobra = 12.9 (http://www.fast-autos.net/ford/03fordcobra.html)
04 Cobra = 12.6 (http://www.fast-autos.net/ford/fordmystichrome.html)

Those are factory ratings.

How many 03 Cobras have you heard of going 12.4 bone stock? For that matter, how many 03 Cobras hafve you heard of going 12.6 bone stock?
The only difference betweena 2003 Cobra and 2004 are a few colors and a $900.00 chrome wheel upgrade option. First run 2003 Cobras are actually faster because they have a different ECU program and actually dynoed more than any other Cobra run. 2003 Cobras have gone 12.40's stock per Mustang's and Fast Fords.

Last edited:

2004SVTSTNG

Banned
2004SVTSTNG said:
The only difference betweena 2003 Cobra and 2004 are a few colors and a $900.00 chrome wheel upgrade option. First run 2003 Cobras are actually faster because they have a different ECU program and actually dynoed more than any other Cobra run.

FYI, SVT never advertised any quater mile results since 2001. Sounds like you want to believe your 2004 is better than a 2003, you just have darker seats.

GotGrunt

Established Member
2004SVTSTNG said:
The only difference betweena 2003 Cobra and 2004 are a few colors and a $900.00 chrome wheel upgrade option. First run 2003 Cobras are actually faster because they have a different ECU program and actually dynoed more than any other Cobra run. 2003 Cobras have gone 12.40's stock per Mustang's and Fast Fords.
The chrome wheels were available in 2003 as well...

2004SVTSTNG said:
FYI, SVT never advertised any quater mile results since 2001. Sounds like you want to believe your 2004 is better than a 2003, you just have darker seats.
He has a '96 Cobra :poke: About the seats; the suede option for 2003 was either light gray or parchment and in 2004 it was light gray or dark charcoal. You could get the gray in either '03 OR '04 :)

RealQuick

Established Member
Sith said:
I wonder if the 07 GTO's will hang with the 07 Cobras, since it obviously takes Pontiac more then a year to get their car to "hang" with the performance of a SVT. (04 vs 04 = rape) :pop:

Thats funny, how long did it take for the stangs to catch up to the fbodies?? Interesting huh.

2004SVTSTNG

Banned
GotGrunt said:
The chrome wheels were available in 2003 as well...

He has a '96 Cobra :poke: About the seats; the suede option for 2003 was either light gray or parchment and in 2004 it was light gray or dark charcoal. You could get the gray in either '03 OR '04 :)

"You are right sorry".

GotGrunt

Established Member
RealQuick said:
Thats funny, how long did it take for the stangs to catch up to the fbodies?? Interesting huh.
The term "catch up" doesn't quite cut it. "Far surpassed" fits a little better :rockon: F-bodies are dead now anyways, who really cares :shrug:

BTW, the answer is about the same amount of time it took the 3rd gen. f-bodies to catch up to the fox body mustangs :whine:

Last edited:

ULTIMATE ORANGE SS

Established Member
GotGrunt said:
The term "catch up" doesn't quite cut it. "Far surpassed" fits a little better :rockon: F-bodies are dead now anyways, who really cares :shrug:

BTW, the answer is about the same amount of time it took the 3rd gen. f-bodies to catch up to the fox body mustangs :whine:

I think third gen TTAs kept up just fine. ;-) :D

GotGrunt

Established Member
Cahill00SS said:
ya TTA's will do mid to low 13's bone stock
Yea, one of 1,555 in 1989... GTA with a GN motor in it (w/ different Buick heads to clear the strut towers). Real original :D

PS: used to own a GN ;-)

drdome99

I'm here for the vids
Established Member
03EBZ06 said:
Sorry but you didn't say anything about stock vs stock in your previous post that I quoted.

As for Neons beating Z06, so what? Don't care because at end of the day, I'll have Z06 parked in my garage.

yea but the neon guy can say " he paid how much more to go slower?"

GotGrunt

Established Member
drdome99 said:
yea but the neon guy can say " he paid how much more to go slower?"
The same thing can be said by the owner of a yugo with a jet engine strapped to it. Who cares, lol. Retarded arguement. Z06 > Neon, in EVERY aspect, hands down...

drdome99

I'm here for the vids
Established Member
yea but they drive neons/yugos they dont care about looks the care about power/speed

GotGrunt

Established Member
drdome99 said:
yea but they drive neons/yugos they dont care about looks the care about power/speed
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Power/Speed and Neon should never be used in the same sentence :uh oh:

drdome99

I'm here for the vids
Established Member
lol true, but you know what i mean, they put $30,000 into the "neon" when they could have bought something nice looking

Phantom

El Jeffe 302
Established Member
Cahill00SS said:
a '05 GTO vs. a stock '03/'04 would be a drivers race in the standing 1/4, with a edge to the cobra, but it would be close
CRACK KILLS!!!!!!!!! :lol:

GotGrunt

Established Member
Phantom said:
CRACK KILLS!!!!!!!!! :lol:
rickjames.jpg

Cocaine's a hell of a drug. I'M RICK JAMES BITCH!!!! :lol:

BlkSVTCobra

Established Member
Cahill00SS said:
i dont think pontiac is trying to compete with the cobra. Go sit and drive a GTO, and then do the same to a cobra and you'll find out where Pontiac's priorities are present

Maybe, I test drove a pontiac GTO before i got my cobra and let me tell you what for being all motor and no blower, that car is sick! I think if it had a eaton blower or any kind it would take a cobra but then again their in two different playing fields but for real its a awesome car and the interior of the GTO is unmatched! YEAHHHHHHHHH

Users who are viewing this thread