not my STi killed a ball-less GOAT!

Sith

Banned
Cahill00SS said:
a 04 cobra is NOT a mid 12 car. It CAN be bone stock but 98% of the time when you go to your local strip a stock cobra driven by Joe Smow is going to run between 12.8-13.2@108-111. or worse. guess what a GTO is in the same range. your making your self look like a dumbass

A great driver in a GTO can get high 12's. But that same great driver in an 04 Cobra is gonna pull a 12.4-12.6. Your average Joe Smow driving a GTO at the local strip is gonna be running low 13's.

Cahill00SS

Established Member
Sith said:
Cahill, let's put it this way.

a 2005 GTO can hang with an 04 Cobra just as much as a 2001 Cobra can hang with a 2005 GTO.

no not even close i knocked off several pre '03 cobra in my LT1, a LS2 GTO would hand my LT1 it's ass.

GotGrunt

Established Member
Sith said:
I'm not talking about with DRs or intake, I'm talking out of the factory stock, down to the tires. The fastest I think I've ever seen someone claim for that in an 03 is 12.8. But I've seen ppl claim around 12.5 out of an 04 Cobra.
Like I said man, Go post in the TERMINATOR forum asking the mechanical differences between an '03 and an '04 Cobra, or what each car runs stock... You don't have to take my word for it or anything :nono:

Sith

Banned
Cahill00SS said:
why are they faster smartass

I couldn't tell you. I always thought they were the same car, but everything I've heard is that an 04 has a little bit of an advantage on the 03's. Not just with what Ford says it runs. I've seen some Cobra owners bring them out to the track bone stock and I've never seen an 03 bone stock break 12.8, but I've seen an 04 go as low as 12.5.

Cahill00SS

Established Member
it's funny how you have a '96 cobra and your trying to tell terminator owners what there car runs

Sith

Banned
Cahill00SS said:
it's funny how you have a '96 cobra and your trying to tell terminator owners what there car runs

it's funny how you don't own a GTO and you're trying to tell us what it runs :rollseyes

I'm just going off of what I've seen with my own eyes. Feel free to post a link showing a bone stock 03 Cobra running as low as 12.6, cause we all know an 04 Cobra is capable of that same time.

GotGrunt

Established Member
Sith said:
it's funny how you don't own a GTO and you're trying to tell us what it runs :rollseyes

I'm just going off of what I've seen with my own eyes. Feel free to post a link showing a bone stock 03 Cobra running as low as 12.6, cause we all know an 04 Cobra is capable of that same time.
LMAO, give it up dude... SAME CAR!

Cahill00SS

Established Member
Sith said:

no i dont own a gto, but one of my friends does and i road out to the track with him when he ran it. the only thing your seeing with your "eye's" is a web pag, or a magazine. THERE IS NOTHING DIFFERENT ABOUT A '04 and '03 COBRA!! just becuase your stupid site says they run different times doesn't mean shit. i have seen a handful of stock cobra run and the fastest ive seen is 12.8. there is a HUGE margian of error on that site, it is not a reliable source what so ever. I alreay pionted out the huge differnce in the 93 Z28

Sith

Banned
Cahill00SS said:
no i dont own a gto, but one of my friends does and i road out to the track with him when he ran it. the only thing your seeing with your "eye's" is a web pag, or a magazine. THERE IS NOTHING DIFFERENT ABOUT A '04 and '03 COBRA!! just becuase your stupid site says they run different times doesn't mean shit. i have seen a handful of stock cobra run and the fastest ive seen is 12.8. there is a HUGE margian of error on that site, it is not a reliable source what so ever. I alreay pionted out the huge differnce in the 93 Z28

So tell me, what did you see your friend run in his GTO, stock?

Cahill00SS

Established Member
jstevens said:
You've only got 311 to the wheels which is nothing to brag about.

that was stock......you relise your that's about 30-40 more rwhp than your car right? ;-)

im not saying my car is incredible or anything. Just stating facts

Last edited:

GotGrunt

Established Member
Cahill00SS said:
that was stock......you relise your that's about 30-40 more rwhp than your car right? ;-)

im not saying my car is incredible or anything. Just stating facts
30-40 more than a Marauder, with 311 rwhp???? I don't think that's right...

Last edited:

Cahill00SS

Established Member
dont they put down around 270 bone stock? thorugh the auto, don't use mach 1 dyno numbers

Cahill00SS

Established Member
Sith said:
12.8 > 13.2

Not even close. That's not "hanging".

man, if you would reead my posts i wouldn't haft to repeat my self all the time, my friends is a 2004. My piont was that a 2005 would hang with a cobra.

Sith

Banned
Cahill00SS said:
man, if you would reead my posts i wouldn't haft to repeat my self all the time, my friends is a 2004. My piont was that a 2005 would hang with a cobra.

I wonder if the 07 GTO's will hang with the 07 Cobras, since it obviously takes Pontiac more then a year to get their car to "hang" with the performance of a SVT. (04 vs 04 = rape) :pop:

GotGrunt

Established Member
You may be right, I was thinking MACH 1 numbers since it's essentially the same motor with the same "advertised HP". I forgot that the Marauder has the auto... :rolling:

Last edited:

Cahill00SS

Established Member
Sith said:
I wonder if the 07 GTO's will hang with the 07 Cobras, since it obviously takes Pontiac more then a year to get their car to "hang" with the performance of a SVT. (04 vs 04 = rape) :pop:

i dont think pontiac is trying to compete with the cobra. Go sit and drive a GTO, and then do the same to a cobra and you'll find out where Pontiac's priorities are present

Users who are viewing this thread