Not many people running kenne bell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Cash to power ratio is off with kenne bell superchargers, in other words theyre over rated!

stang99x

Old Fox
Established Member
Kenne Bell, Whipple, Roush, they are all great big names. Like the difference in the Roush stage 1 and stage 3. $1500 to upgrade from 1 to 3. What do you get for that? A pulley, intake, belt and BAP. Nowhere near $1500 worth of parts. You can do the upgrade with your own mix of parts for less than 1/3 the price. But you have to pay Roush for his name, just like you have to pay Kenne Bell for his name

Nuar

Established Member
also the install requires some HEAVY cutting in the engine bay sheet metal from what I remember...

Brezick

Established Member
I had a KB on my 3v, and for all intents and purposes, all other SC applications were more efficient for less $$$, and it looks like the same still applies on the coyote platform.

Riptide

Established Member
^^ Same. My 2.6 on the 3v made power but it made a TON of heat. IATs were worse than any other option out there with their stock kit.

I'm sure the new ones have to be better. One would assume anyway.

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
One other thing is the piss poor customer service, and flat out refusal to sell better parts to fit a kit.
Case in point the 2.1L being able to have the 2.6L plenum and throttle body assembly bolted up to it as a upgrade..
I called Kenne Bell and they said no way they would sell that part without me having a serial number that was a 2.6L

Now I could've just found someone with a 2.6L and got them to order it, but **** that if it fits and is an upgrade then they should sell it..

Not impressed

deepimpact14

Established Member
All good reasons that being said I am pretty sold on the new whipple set up pretty costly but looks great and 100% bolt on

dstow13

Established Member
I have the 2.8LC Mammoth kit on my 2014 GT and I love it. Yeah I had to chop/cut some stuff up but I think the kit is amazing. Just my opinion. It may be a little biased since I haven't had any other brand supercharger but I don't have any complaints.

jeffs

Established Member
Old thread here, but On Kenne bell's site it says 2.8L black complete kit for 6599, I don't see that being crazy ass expensive for a complete kit with a large 2.8 liter twin screw? I'd like to see a dyno comparison between a 2.3 liter twisted vortices blower, AKA over-hyped roots blower and a somewhat large 2.8 liter twin screw at a similar boost level, and measure iat's and rwhp/tq. Maybe at lower boost levels <15 there might not be big differences, but the blower wars of the old 04 cobras and lightnings favored the twin screws in a big way to the "less than half liter smaller eatons" back in the day. I think VMP's may work well, and Kenne bells may have lousy attitudes and customer service, but if I was on a dyno or a drag strip, I'm afraid I'd have to choose a twin screw over a roots any day of the week. And "NO" Kenne bells are not outrageously priced according to what I see VMP's selling for, and the price list at Kenne bell's site

Unless someone has some proof of lousy dyno or track results of professionally installed Kenne bell kits on these coyote powered cars, I'm blaming the rarity of KB's on these cars on the lack of advertisement compared to VMP kits for sale at every internet "corner" which is their business. But I'd like to know how much money is left on the plate from selling you a roots blower for the same price as a twin screw kit, leaving "meat on the bone" for the middle-man vendors?????

Last edited:

J_verrett5oh

Established Member
I own a Kenne bell and have it on my 5.0. But reasons why people don't get it is because the cutting in the install, the price of it, it's a big blower so it won't be as efficient as a smaller blower would be with low boost, and also the price of it. Also Kenne bell you can only buy it from them on phone call as people are too lazy to do that would rather get it off a site. Also when yu call Kenne bell it usually takes a good 20-30 min before yu can actually talk to somebody. Other than that if you plan on building a motor and going high boost Kenne bell is deff the answer

Shaun@AED

[video=youtube;AzKGAgwRGo8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzKGAgwRGo8[/video]

Hit 150MPH at another track but ET was not as good.
This is a modified KB setup to run the FRPP MonoBlade TB (increased boost by 3-4psi alone).
I believe it is at just under 800RWHP thru the auto, but it did take more boost to get there than a Whipple 2.9L or Turbo.

When the car was slower (high 9's / low 10's) it took ~3-4psi more boost to run the ET/MPH compared to the TVS A6's we've done. (9-10psi vs 13-14psi)

You pick the blower for the total pkg and your goals. IMO a TVS is extremely hard to beat on an sub 700RWHP application (HP per PSI). North of 750RWHP a different (larger) blower would be a better fit.

For higher HP setups we prefer the Whipple 2.9L's as they have proven to be very capable of exceptional power.
Case in point: (A coyote would be MORE efficient with this blower BTW)
[video=youtube;Hjvy3A4XyZA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hjvy3A4XyZA[/video]

Shaun@AED

I would only go with the 2.9L for 800+RWHP coyote applications, and there is no question it would be the front feed design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread