Not just good, but fantastic ford service.

notdisturbed

I got nothin...
Established Member
I took my car in monday of this week for a noisy TOB. Before taking it in, i put the stock pulley on and threw the stock tune back on the computer. Upon arival at the dealer i spoke directly with the SVT tech who was going to work on my car, and he ordered all the parts to do it. Now, at a regular dealer, they should do the same, then give you a loaner, and you should be set to go. Well, i got all that service, and the tech took it upon himself to fix a small leak i was having in my exhaust. Also, never a question about the mods i had left on the car, whatsoever. This, in my opinion, is what customer service is all about.
If anyone in CT is looking for a great dealer to get service at, go to Lombard Ford in Winstead. :thumbsup:

pgordon

Established Member
I also recently got good service from ford. Arrived at 8am for TOB replacement. Was given a 2004 4x4 f150 by 8:30. They also replaced the ac compressor, had a leak (take about a year to discharge). Picked the car up the next day, total charge 5$ for sales tax on the rental.

JaKaL

Established Member
Google says:
Description: The throw-out bearing, or clutch release bearing as it's sometimes called, is located between the clutch fork and the pressure plate fingers. The throw-out bearing only operates when the clutch pedal is depressed; the bearing is not designed for continuous use.

Purpose: When the driver steps on the clutch pedal, the throw-out bearing applies force to the fingers of the spinning pressure plate to release the clutch. When the clutch pedal is released, the bearing sits idle and does not contact the pressure plate fingers.

Maintenance Tips/Suggestions: The classic symptom of a worn throw-out bearing is a whirring or growling sound when applying the clutch pedal, which goes away when releasing the pedal. Premature wear of the throw-out bearing can occur when there is insufficient clutch play, resulting in a throw-out bearing that spins continuously. If the bearing fails, it may seize and quickly wear the fingers of the pressure plate. The throw-out bearing does not require routine maintenance, but should be replaced when clutch replacement becomes necessary. Consult a professional technician to determine whether the throw-out bearing or other parts of the clutch assembly need replacement.

Hope that helps. There is also a wold of info via a search, hampered by the 4 letter mininimum, but "clutch" should see you on your way.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I can agree with Lombard Ford's service. When I had my '03 that is the ONLY dealer in the area I would trust my car to. Dave Bettigole is the best there is in sale (before and after the sale). Which reminds me that I have to give him a call. :)

Users who are viewing this thread