Not having kids?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
the latter, 100% of the time.

I'm just saying, usually the women run the show at the end of the day / week, and VERY FEW 'understand' horsepower / the game lolol

Just gotta find the right one!

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'm not talking about 'once in a blue moon' type situation, I'm talking all of the above, multiple times weekly

My married buddies TRY to keep up week one.

Never make it past week 2.

hahaha
I'm right there with ya. 36, no kids, don't want any. I do what I want when I want. No 7am soccer practices on the other side of town on a Saturday morning. No slumber parties. No whining. No pouring money out the window on diapers and braces. On the surface it may sound selfish. But in reality, I think it could also be viewed as the responsible choice. The parents in here will say "if you had a child, your views would change." That may be true, but I'm not willing to test the theory. I look at my friends who have gone the married-with-kids route and recognize that's not the life I want. Most have basically disappeared. And if they're "allowed" to stay out after the street lights come on, they have to beg, borrow, and steal for permission. Pass.

Zemedici

Established Member
I'm right there with ya. 36, no kids, don't want any. I do what I want when I want. No 7am soccer practices on the other side of town on a Saturday morning. No slumber parties. No whining. No pouring money out the window on diapers and braces. On the surface it may sound selfish. But in reality, I think it could also be viewed as the responsible choice. The parents in here will say "if you had a child, your views would change." That may be true, but I'm not willing to test the theory. I look at my friends who have gone the married-with-kids route and recognize that's not the life I want. Most have basically disappeared. And if they're "allowed" to stay out after the street lights come on, they have to beg, borrow, and steal for permission. Pass.

****ING Preach, bro.

'If you had a child, your views would change' - yeah, because they HAVE to, otherwise you're living a lifestyle that you previously loathed, right? haha

+65000 to friends disappearing, like I said to Nick, everyone SAYS they can participate willingly, almost 100% of the time, that's not the case. All my hanging out time is done with my single friends / friends with no kids. Very very rarely do the people with kids make it

cobracide

Established Member
Retired in my 50s. No kids, no wife. Do whatever whenever. It's called freedom.

Edit: Friends text me all the time when working (LoL work) to bitch and complain... About their kid and wife problems. One is getting divorced and she is taking as much of my buddies retirement as she can with her. Also making it as difficult as possible for him to see his own daughter. The best one so far my friends 12 year old daughter want to date another race. My friend said to her you're too young and now she calls him racist. Haha.

Meanwhile I just coast, stress free.

Last edited:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
****ING Preach, bro.

'If you had a child, your views would change' - yeah, because they HAVE to, otherwise you're living a lifestyle that you previously loathed, right? haha

+65000 to friends disappearing, like I said to Nick, everyone SAYS they can participate willingly, almost 100% of the time, that's not the case. All my hanging out time is done with my single friends / friends with no kids. Very very rarely do the people with kids make it
Depends, to be honest with you, sometimes we just choose not to go out. At least I do in my case. Not because im tired, im just not in the mood and too comfortable to leave lol

I still have my nights out with the friends, done single day trips to Vegas or stayed at San Diego then to Rosarito with the guy's. But as an every weekend or every other weekend, meh, I prefer to have fun spread out memorable nights than repeats but thats me. Maybe because im closer to my mid 30's than late 20's, but BBQing at my house with the family and friends staying late at night sounds like a better time than being out at a bar at 4am.

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
Your friends with families don't come around anymore because they have better things to do. Don't be sad for them because I doubt they're feeling sad for themselves. JS

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I'm with you "no kids" guys to the extent that I got my boy on the first try and that's good enough for me.

He points at the Cobra and frequently says "Go for ride in black car". Then he says "Go faster" and "vroom vroom" when I do lug his car seat into it for a ride.

He is also an only grandchild on my wife's side so he's gonna be spoiled by her brother and parents. He got this as a Christmas gift a few weeks ago and I will say it was a pretty cool, and proud, dad moment to see his joy when he first saw the jeep and got behind the wheel.

1640031703305.png

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Your friends with families don't come around anymore because they have better things to do. Don't be sad for them because I doubt they're feeling sad for themselves. JS
"Better things to do" is subjective. I'd say they've got obligations which certainly takes the flare out of it. Just a different perspective

SHOdown220

Established Member
I wasn't sure I actually wanted kids. Honestly wife talked me into it. Best decision I ever made. Is it hectic, time consuming, frustrating, expensive? Yup. Still, 100% worth it, wouldn't trade being a dad for anything else in the world. I still ride my motorcycle and see my friends, less for sure but thats ok. I would rather spend time at home, teaching my boys how to do things and hanging out with them. Oh, and I have more money now than I ever did before I had kids. It puts things in perspective on how to save and spend wisely, really changes all of your priorities.

I don't judge people who don't want kids, I get it, I was there. But don't pick on us for not being able to come out and do stuff, in reality we are much happier where we are anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread