Not Happy with new exhaust set-up!!!

tex00gt

Established Member
Got an 04 snake with a UPR o/r x and the steeda cat-back witch i loved! Car made 419 to the wheels with just the exhaust n Jlt intake n tune, So the other day im driving in a parkn lot, n I hit a speedbump n it caved one of my steeda mufflers in! So I ordered a set of mac mufflers to weld in to the catback cause i always wanted it a bit louder n liked the sound of mac's. So the car sounds amazing now, but it feels like it lost alot of power:dw: Sooo i check n see if maybe he welded them on backwards, n he didnt! Im comfused?? anyone else had this isue??

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
Got an 04 snake with a UPR o/r x and the steeda cat-back witch i loved! Car made 419 to the wheels with just the exhaust n Jlt intake n tune, So the other day im driving in a parkn lot, n I hit a speedbump n it caved one of my steeda mufflers in! So I ordered a set of mac mufflers to weld in to the catback cause i always wanted it a bit louder n liked the sound of mac's. So the car sounds amazing now, but it feels like it lost alot of power:dw: Sooo i check n see if maybe he welded them on backwards, n he didnt! Im comfused?? anyone else had this isue??

Well if the Steeda mufflers were a straight through design you probably did lose a little power going to MAC mufflers as they are a chambered muffler.

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
yeah I figured if it did, it wouldnt be that much of a difference?? swear it feels like it lost 50hp.. N it takes longer for the boost to kick in?

I lost a little power when I went from Magnaflows to Super 44 Flowmaster's.
The sound however makes it worthwhile. AWESOME!

Get rid of the Steeda garbage and put on the Borla Stingers. You will cream your drawers once you get a listen.

tex00gt

Established Member
Dude u say what u want bout Steeda! But that is by far the best performing exhaust ive ever had! Yeah there are better sounding n looking exhaust, but it was tame when u wanted it to be and would screem at wide open! Steeda is borla anyway..

TVSCobra

Established Member
You shouldn't have lost enough power for you to actually feel it. What were the differences in ambient conditions before and after the exhaust change?

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
I highly doubt you lost any power from swapping the mufflers. If you're really concerned throw it back on the dyno.

OrangeCobra2004

Established Member
Dude u say what u want bout Steeda! But that is by far the best performing exhaust ive ever had! Yeah there are better sounding n looking exhaust, but it was tame when u wanted it to be and would screem at wide open! Steeda is borla anyway..
+1. If I didn't get my stingers I would have got the steeda catback.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
If it takes longer for your boost to climb and it feels like it lost power, you probably LOST back pressure, and have a more efficient exhaust than you had. I had an o/r pro chamber that I ran for a year with my stingers. I swapped back to stock mid pipe and immediately my car felt quicker down low and the boost gauge climbed faster.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
If it takes longer for your boost to climb and it feels like it lost power, you probably LOST back pressure, and have a more efficient exhaust than you had. I had an o/r pro chamber that I ran for a year with my stingers. I swapped back to stock mid pipe and immediately my car felt quicker down low and the boost gauge climbed faster.

Lost backpressure is a good thing, less boost on a particular combo is also a good thing. Your car feeling quicker down low is just in your head, with the added backpressure from the stock midpipe the car will have less hp and tq even in the lower rpms.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Get rid of the Steeda garbage and put on the Borla Stingers. You will cream your drawers once you get a listen.

Stuff like this makes me laugh! People hating on Steeda parts, but if he said that it was the Quiet Borla you probably would not have bashed it.

Don't know why people don't give them a little more credit, as they have been around for close to 20yrs.

03SVTCOBRA10TH

Established Member
Steed = CRAP!!! Enough said!!! And there ego is over inflated and thier costomer service is crap!! This is from personal experience not internet gossup!!

Be a man and run straight pipes, no muffler!!! LOL!!

BTW you did change both mufflers, Correct??

72 fastback

Established Member

thats what i'm thinking.when i went off-road i lost some boost.

Stuff like this makes me laugh! People hating on Steeda parts, but if he said that it was the Quiet Borla you probably would not have bashed it.

Don't know why people don't give them a little more credit, as they have been around for close to 20yrs.

Don't be dumb, I know its quite a challenge for you. My original post was poignantly clear. Mix an x pipe with a Borla STINGERS cb not a quiet borla cb. Learn to read whats there, not what you want to be there. :idea: Its absolutely asinine to compare the Steeda CB sound with a Stinger sound. End of story. has nothing to do with hating on Steeda. Has everything to do with pointing out the unique STINGER sound. :read: I've been a lifelong Bassani fan and even I dumped the Bassani CB after hearing the x pipe + Stinger sound.

BTW, STEELA rips off everyone's designs in case you've been living ina fall out shelter for some time.

Last edited:

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Steed = CRAP!!! Enough said!!! And there ego is over inflated and thier costomer service is crap!! This is from personal experience not internet gossup!!

Be a man and run straight pipes, no muffler!!! LOL!!

BTW you did change both mufflers, Correct??

The Steeda catback is the regular Borla catback.

Don't be dumb, I know its quite a challenge for you. My original post was poignantly clear. Mix an x pipe with a Borla STINGERS cb not a quiet borla cb. Learn to read whats there, not what you want to be there. :idea: Its absolutely asinine to compare the Steeda CB sound with a Stinger sound. End of story. has nothing to do with hating on Steeda. Has everything to do with pointing out the unique STINGER sound. :read: I've been a lifelong Bassani fan and even I dumped the Bassani CB after hearing the x pipe + Stinger sound.

BTW, STEELA rips off everyone's designs in case you've been living ina fall out shelter for some time.

The regular Borla catback does sound very similar to the Stingers, its just not quite as loud.

tex00gt

Established Member
I personally loved the steeda catback! People think oh louder the catback more power it makes, I garantee u if I shot u the finger on one side of the muffler n u looked threw the other side, Ud be suprised what u saw!! I dont know why people bash Steeda for, they make some great stuff! You always have a company that makes a great product n then some other product they make isnt all that great! For example I'd but a UPR x-pipe, but I wouldnt buy any of their c/c plates... They SUCK!!!

tex00gt

Established Member
Oh by they way guys, the cars back to its old self?? I dont understand.. Computer musta got a brain fart getting used to the new mufflers! but it sounds great n im happy with it, but I'd still recomend the Steeda to anyone if they asked me if it was a good catback or not!

Users who are viewing this thread